Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Based on all the time you spent in the Packers locker room as a teammate?

I wasn't talking about him as a teammate.  Keep reading the thread and you'll find my response to your question.

🍻

14 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Wow have to be excited if you’re a Jets fan, instant contenders this year. 

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if they make a run for the SB.

That defense is scary good. Unlike the Bills top 5 defenses that have been a lot of smoke and mirrors, the Jets defense is the real deal.

They don’t even need HOF Rodgers. They just need “slight above average” Rodgers.

Jets lost 7 games last season where they scored 12 of less points. They lost 5 games where the Jets defense gave up 20 or less points.

If Rodgers just is average. Scores 20 points per game. The Jets will be extremely hard to beat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The Jets are we’re quarterbacks go to die

Let’s hope and Rodgers looked as bad as he ever has last year. But that team is pretty loaded and you would have been an upgrade at qb last year.

A A Ron is a total weirdo and seems like it could be a terrible match up with the media in NY/ NJ. But slightly below average qb play would have gotten them to the playoffs. Our division definitely is the hardest it’s been since we got good. It might be the best division in the nfl. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if they make a run for the SB.

That defense is scary good. Unlike the Bills top 5 defenses that have been a lot of smoke and mirrors, the Jets defense is the real deal.

They don’t even need HOF Rodgers. They just need “slight above average” Rodgers.

Jets lost 7 games last season where they scored 12 of less points. They lost 5 games where the Jets defense gave up 20 or less points.

If Rodgers just is average. Scores 20 points per game. The Jets will be extremely hard to beat. 

Brady to Bucs or Manning to DEN.

Hopefully, this is closer to Favre to NYJ than those two. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They got a lot for a guy that was clearly not gonna play for the packers regardless…rodgers injury aside they’re getting two seconds and a better first.

Not exactly what I meant, 

Just now, ngbills said:

Brady to Bucs or Manning to DEN.

Yep.

Just now, ngbills said:

Hopefully, this is closer to Favre to NYJ than those two. 

Difference is that Favre didn’t go to a Jets team with a great RB, exciting young WR, and best defense in the NFL.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

No other way around it, this blows.

They have an incredible defense. Great RB. Exciting young WR. And now a HOF QB.

If Rodgers can just put up 20 points per game, that’s a playoff team.

Hard to disagree. But one thing to remember: it’s the Jets and something always goes wrong! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bring it on, I hope we can slap this arrogant bastard around twice a year. Rogers better hope that they don't loose too many in a row because the NY City press & sports fans well turn on him quick---won't be the soft treatment like Green Bay. Can't Wait.

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Let's hope the Jets are the Broncos

Miami is the Chargers

And we're KC

They also let a HOF WR go and he had 2 rookies to bring up to speed.

It's very likely going to break down this way.  Their defense is good - but at the end of the season their numbers looked a lot like buffalo's on a per game basis.  They get a last place schedule too which helps them.  We get Jags, Bucs, Bengals - they get Browns Texans Falcons... Jags and bengals are likely the best 2 in that group.

Offense:

Wilson looks legit, Hall has some home run ability there, offensive line has some pieces but they had a lot of injuries there last year.  Their WR's behind Wilson don't really jump out to me.  I think they'll try to get a lineman in the first.  I expect they'll keep most passes close to the LOS and use Rodgers quick release, and only really ask him to do much on 3rd downs and in the RZ.

Reed and Gardner are for real, Williams has turned a corner from good to great, and they have some good rotational depth pieces there.  My concern if i was a fan of their team is that they had 10 games where they scored fewer than 20 points.  They were 1-9 in those games, and in some of them it was abundantly clear that if the team playing the Jets didn't turn the ball over, they would probably win.  I don't know how to quantify, and it isn't an exact science, but when you're playing a team with literally no offense it has to seep in a little bit to the offense/coaching staff to play a different game. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.