Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

Jets ended up, potentially, giving up a considerable amount more than their 2 second round picks this year.

Good job by Green Bay prying that +65% playing time = 1st rounder deal.    

That will be a real kick in the Jets nuts if they miss the playoffs and also don't have their #1 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Of course his fellow players loved him.  He spent all of his time and energy undermining the head coach and GM.   He poisoned the well in Green Bay with it.   He created an us versus them atmosphere in Green Bay between the players and the organization.

The entire organization suffered for it.

There is more than one type of locker room cancer.

he praised the head coach all the time. What are you even talking about? go listen to all the mcafee shows where Aaron sing his praises. You have zero clue what you’re talking about. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Only made 1 super bowl playing out of the cupcake NFC north division now he has to go through Allen, Burrow and Mahomes if he wants to play in another one.  Dumb move for him if he really wants to go to another SB.

5 Championship game appearances

His FO drafted Jordan Love Rd 1 fresh off a Championship game loss 

Tee Higgins and Pittman on the board

They failed to give him the weapons he needed

• Like (+1) 1

It seems to me that the JESTS overpaid for a guy that is on the downward side of his career.  NYC sports media will over hype the value.  I'll also be interested in the contract restructure that is done to fit him into the cap.  I'm guessing that a fair amount of money will be kicked down the road and have the potential for a bunch of dead money when he retires.  This is the kind of move that a team has to make when they blow two consecutive top five QB draft selections.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Good names. I’m not very high on Lazard and Hardman. Decent players, no different than our guys we have now.  WR1 Wilson vs Diggs? Diggs is better. Davis is better depth but he’s getting trader released.

RB? Eh. ACL injury to Hall evens this out. Maybe even puts Bills ahead.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

25 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I am hoping that the Bills get both games against the Jets as late in the season as possible.  

Let the hype train roll out early in the year and give the Jets plenty of marquee matchups and prime time games.

Then when they're predictably mediocre and Rodgers is either injured or pissed off at Robert Saleh, we can play them in Week 14 & 17 as they're in "let's see what we have in Zack Wilson" mode

I'm not gonna be scared of any teams in our division.  I'm glad the Jets will be contenders as I believe more in a team that has to earn their title rather than have a cupcake schedule within the division.  If the team prevails then I like their playoff chances better than if the division was no competition and then they get spanked in game against a team that clawed its way to their playoff berth.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.