The Bills First Round Selection (#27) will be offense. And from among these five players.

Chaos

9 hours ago, whorlnut said:

People need to just stop with LB imo. The fact is…no team in this league is scared if we get a LB or not. In fact…teams will laugh at us saying “same old bills”. Nobody cares. That isn’t what will get us over the hump. This is an offensive league and Beane did a great job bringing in Klein to fill that role. The defense is good enough now. Time to draft offense and do right by Allen and the O. 

I absolutely love this take! It’s what I’ve been feeling all off season but couldn’t put into words. Thank you

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the buzz that Flowers has gotten in the pre-draft process, I am almost positive he's coming off the board before Mayer and possibly Wright. He's not a fall back plan if neither are available at this point.

100%

honestly if I could make sports bets in Florida I’d bet he’s the first WR off the board. GMs see how special he is and the  buzz is real

12 hours ago, whorlnut said:

People need to just stop with LB imo. The fact is…no team in this league is scared if we get a LB or not. In fact…teams will laugh at us saying “same old bills”. Nobody cares. That isn’t what will get us over the hump. This is an offensive league and Beane did a great job bringing in Klein to fill that role. The defense is good enough now. Time to draft offense and do right by Allen and the O. 

At #27, there's nobody the rest of the league will be scared of. You're right they wouldn't be scared of Campbell. They wouldn't be scared of anybody that will be left at that point. It's more a matter of how the guy fits in and makes the overall unit better.

If we get Campbell, people will likely think it's one of many possible picks that look good right now.

And it's not an offensive league. It's an offensive and defensive league, same as it always has been and always will be. The latest example is the Chiefs beating the Bengals 23 - 20 in the AFC championship. Not exactly a wild shootout where the offense does what it wants. Or Bills 24 - Chiefs 20 during the season when we still had Von Miller and Hyde and the D was still healthy.

Defense matters. So does offense. They both do. 

And it's not like to use your pick on a defensive guy you have to sign a contract not to use any other picks or FAs on the offense.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Washington could literally have 10 + TDs as a rookie if used in the Red Zone.

he’d also bring some unpredictability as he can be an extra OT on runs or a real threat in pass game

Huh?  You think Washington would have 10+ TDs as a rookie behind Knox?  You realize Knox has never gotten even 70 targets right?  He also still had 15 TDs the last 2 years.  

There is absolutely no way Washington gets 10+ TDs this year unless Knox missed most the season with an injury, and even then it would be unlikely.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The closer we get the more I feel like it will be Addison. Either at #27 or with a small trade up to snag him. 

This is where I’m at. I heard that they LOVE Addison. I don’t know if that’s “love” for a weak WR class at the top or “love” like they would in a better class. He is the target IMO and I think that they go in front of the Giants to get him. That assumes nothing happens with Hopkins. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

Bills don't seem troubled by taking players without prototype measurements.  I am not saying I would pick Flowers.  This is what I think the Bills will do though. 

Depending on who is available of course; I wouldn't hate the Zay Flowers pick. 

Wright is the one guy I would prefer but it's unlikely he's there. I'm hearing he's moving up the board. 

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Washington could literally have 10 + TDs as a rookie if used in the Red Zone.

he’d also bring some unpredictability as he can be an extra OT on runs or a real threat in pass game

I'm really not a big fan of drafting a TE this early. It's not a significant need and the Bills seemingly don't get their TEs overtly involved the the passing game. Big pass for me. 

14 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I disagree with 3 TE being a possibility at #27.

#2 TE is a need, but OL and LB should be addressed first. There is a ton of depth at TE in this draft, so we should get the best OT while there are some left and wait until the 3rd for a guy like Tucker Kraft or Luke Schoonmaker.

Zach Kuntz - Old Dominion 

12 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Again…no one cares. They just don’t. If McBeanes priority this draft is to replace edmunds with their first resource then it’s a shame. The offense has needed help all season. And I don’t care about all the dumpster divers they got in FA. The offense is still a need. 

I'm being a little facetious here but I wouldn't mind every pick to be offensive. 

The game has dramatically changed and offense wins playoff games and super bowls not defense. 

The vaunted Philly offense was shredded by the Chiefs. The 49er defense couldn't get it done. 

Give Allen protection and more weapons. That's the absolute best chance for the Bills to win in the playoffs and make a Super Bowl run. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  You think Washington would have 10+ TDs as a rookie behind Knox?  You realize Knox has never gotten even 70 targets right?  He also still had 15 TDs the last 2 years.  

There is absolutely no way Washington gets 10+ TDs this year unless Knox missed most the season with an injury, and even then it would be unlikely.

I don't know if that is hyperbole or not, but obviously the pick of a TE early is dependent on Dorsey using 12 personnel. No one is advocating using a first round pick for a backup to Knox and it is disingenuous to suggest such.

14 hours ago, Augie said:

We can get contribution from a 4th rounder, with a little luck. I hope the draft falls to us and we can sit put… or find a partner to move back a little. One thing we know for sure is Beane is not afraid to move around. 

No, he is always afraid that a player he likes is going to be taken so he trades up to get him, although we don’t know if the trade was necessary.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

At #27, there's nobody the rest of the league will be scared of. You're right they wouldn't be scared of Campbell. They wouldn't be scared of anybody that will be left at that point. It's more a matter of how the guy fits in and makes the overall unit better.

If we get Campbell, people will likely think it's one of many possible picks that look good right now.

And it's not an offensive league. It's an offensive and defensive league, same as it always has been and always will be. The latest example is the Chiefs beating the Bengals 23 - 20 in the AFC championship. Not exactly a wild shootout where the offense does what it wants. Or Bills 24 - Chiefs 20 during the season when we still had Von Miller and Hyde and the D was still healthy.

Defense matters. So does offense. They both do. 

And it's not like to use your pick on a defensive guy you have to sign a contract not to use any other picks or FAs on the offense.

Of course both sides of the ball matter. I don't think anyone would be foolish to take an alternative stance. 

However, it's become pretty evident that the game has evolved and offenses win Super Bowls. Sure defenses have an important role in winning as does special teams, coaching, game planning, and execution. 

Ask yourself why does every team without a franchise type QB always search for one? Simple answer is elite QBs lead their team to Lombardi trophies. Defenses traditionally don't in this era of football. The Bears days are long gone. The two best defenses last year were the Eagles and SF. Both defenses couldn't get it done. The days of defenses winning championships has mostly dwindled away. 

Imho, the Bills should heavily invest in protecting Allen and getting him dynamic weapons. Dhop are you listening? This is the absolute best path for the Bills to hoist a Lombardi Trophy. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

The toughest part of projecting the Bills first round is knowing which 25 players will be picked before the Bills are on the clock.  Barring a trade, the Bills will select from among these players, in this order, depending on who remains on the  board:

1. Dalton Kindcaid TE (despite no top 30 visit.  No visit was needed. If Kincaid is on the board, very likely he is easily the BPA.  Bill top 30 visits or private workouts with three other TE's.  This is a position of interest to the Bills. 
  2. Michael Mayer  TE.  If Kincaid is off the board and Mayers is left he will be the pick for the same reasons. 
  3. Darnell Wright OT.  If Kincaid and Mayer are off the board, and Wright is on the board, he is likely the top rated player left whom the Bills have targeted with a top 30 visit. 
  4. Zay Flowers WR.  If the top 3 players are gone, and Flowers is left, he is almost certainly the best offensive weapon left on board. Separation is 95% of what matters for NFL WRs and Flowers is arguably the best separator in the pass (Bills had top 30 visit with Flowers)
  5. Darnell Washtington TE.  Bills had a top 30 interview with Washington. Likely in hopes of landing him in the second.  But the Bills will be emotionally committed to drafting offense with pick 1.  TE is a position of interest to the Bills, and Washington would be taken ahead of remaining lineman (assuming nothing weird like Broderick Jones being on the board still).  Washington is one of one in this draft in terms of physical potential at the TE position. (Note Wright and Flowers will be targeted ahead of Washington, because they are far more likely to have 2023 impact. Long term Washington may improve more important.

Chaos, will you at least stop and consider the fact that the Bills might take a tight end in the first round of the draft?

Stop the hate, we could use a back up to Knox.

43 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It doesn't make any sense for the Bills to draft a better prospect than Dawson Knox when they just locked Knox up for years to come at elite TE pay.

Sure it does. You'd have a deadly two tight end set for 3 to 4 years and then when Knox contract is up that guy would be ready to come into his own and be the main man. Depending on the guy, you also have the ability to flex him all over. Kincaid=young Jimmy Graham.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm being a little facetious here but I wouldn't mind every pick to be offensive. 

The game has dramatically changed and offense wins playoff games and super bowls not defense. 

The vaunted Philly offense was shredded by the Chiefs. The 49er defense couldn't get it done. 

Give Allen protection and more weapons. That's the absolute best chance for the Bills to win in the playoffs and make a Super Bowl run. 

It’s not facetious at all. Fact is we were the best statistical D again with inept play calling and a crapload of injuries. Sure we could use depth for the future but it’s not a priority right now when we’re in our prime Super Bowl window and need to protect the franchise (Josh Allen) long term 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.