The Bills First Round Selection (#27) will be offense. And from among these five players.

Chaos

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Solid chance one of those two is available at 59. 

Kinda of the point, first round O talent the Bills are looking at and have a chance of being available to them is limited. Pretty good chance we will trade down or go defense at 27.

Edited by LEBills

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The bills are not taking a tight end in the first round

No, freaking way

Probably not, but it’s not impossible if Washington or Kincaid is there. Personally, I think there is no way they draft interior O-line at 27. Nor do I think they will take a LB in the first.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Kinda of the point, first round O talent the Bills are looking at and have a chance of being available to them is limited. Pretty good chance we will trade down or go defense at 27.

I think we go offense with both picks.  Any of the five I listed (except Wright) plus Tippman or Bergeron would be transformational for the offense. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Probably not, but it’s not impossible if Washington or Kincaid is there. Personally, I think there is no way they draft interior O-line at 27. Nor do I think they will take a LB in the first.

It’s looking more and more and more like a defensive tackle or defensive end to me

Bijan Robinson won’t be there

I might not be able to find a trade down partner

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

The toughest part of projecting the Bills first round is knowing which 25 players will be picked before the Bills are on the clock.  Barring a trade, the Bills will select from among these players, in this order, depending on who remains on the  board:

1. Dalton Kindcaid TE (despite no top 30 visit.  No visit was needed. If Kincaid is on the board, very likely he is easily the BPA.  Bill top 30 visits or private workouts with three other TE's.  This is a position of interest to the Bills. 
  2. Michael Mayer  TE.  If Kincaid is off the board and Mayers is left he will be the pick for the same reasons. 
  3. Darnell Wright OT.  If Kincaid and Mayer are off the board, and Wright is on the board, he is likely the top rated player left whom the Bills have targeted with a top 30 visit. 
  4. Zay Flowers WR.  If the top 3 players are gone, and Flowers is left, he is almost certainly the best offensive weapon left on board. Separation is 95% of what matters for NFL WRs and Flowers is arguably the best separator in the pass (Bills had top 30 visit with Flowers)
  5. Darnell Washtington TE.  Bills had a top 30 interview with Washington. Likely in hopes of landing him in the second.  But the Bills will be emotionally committed to drafting offense with pick 1.  TE is a position of interest to the Bills, and Washington would be taken ahead of remaining lineman (assuming nothing weird like Broderick Jones being on the board still).  Washington is one of one in this draft in terms of physical potential at the TE position. (Note Wright and Flowers will be targeted ahead of Washington, because they are far more likely to have 2023 impact. Long term Washington may improve more important.

With the buzz that Flowers has gotten in the pre-draft process, I am almost positive he's coming off the board before Mayer and possibly Wright. He's not a fall back plan if neither are available at this point.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I think we go offense with both picks.  Any of the five I listed (except Wright) plus Tippman or Bergeron would be transformational for the offense. 

This sounds more like what you would like them to do as opposed to what they have a track record of doing

I mean you’re allowed your opinion

Just now, Chaos said:

We will find out soon. I hope but am doubtful they will go offense early and often this year

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the buzz that Flowers has gotten in the pre-draft process, I an almost positive he's coming off the board before Mayer and possibly Wright. He's not a fall back plan if neither are available at this point.

We will know in a few days if his t-rex arms cause him to drop or not.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

It’s looking more and more and more like a defensive tackle or defensive end to me

Bijan Robinson won’t be there

I might not be able to find a trade down partner

Totally agree, except that if Addison, Flowers, Kincaid or Johnston is there, I think that will be the pick.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This sounds more like what you would like them to do as opposed to what they have a track record of doing

I mean you’re allowed your opinion

It was I think they will do. Convinced offense with the first pick and BPA at a position of need with the second pick.  If Bergeron or Tippman are there at 59, it is very likley they are the BPA ahead of any defense needs. 

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It was I think they will do. Convinced offense with the first pick and BPA at a position of need with the second pick.  If Bergeron or Tippman are there at 59, it is very likley they are the BPA ahead of any defense needs. 

So I hope it doesn’t affect the decision, but also keep in mind that McDermott is running the defense this year

My thought is that he should coach up what we’ve got, but he might have other ideas

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Kelce wasn't a 1st rd pick. Neither was Gronk or Shannon Sharpe. Tony Gonzales was but he never won a title. The previously mentioned has. 🤷

Doesn't matter where any of those were picked. In this particular draft there are two consensus first round TE picks. That is extremely rare. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.