TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Who should the Bills take at #59

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at #59  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #59

• Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon St
    • Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
    • Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
    • Luke Wypier, C, Ohio St (3rd round grade, ESPN grade 74)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/22/2023 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'd take instincts and production over pure athleticism for a safety. These guys panned out just fine:

DP4Rsv5X0AA6FEH.jpg

jordan-poyer-ras-10619.webp

Oh yeah I agree. But that is why these guys went in the 5th and the 7th respectively. That's just the way the draft works. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You would take Antonio Johnson, right? I remember you saying you would even take him in the 1st round.

He'd be near the top of my list yea. I have a high second on him I don't have my board infront of my but I suspect he is my BPA.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

I chose Mingo, but Wypler or Benton would be solid choices in need area too.

The draft is weak in areas the Bills need help.  No way around that.  After round 2 start leaning into the stronger positions in this draft and find some that can contribute instead of reaching for need and striking out.

Edited by OldTimer1960

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's an underwhelming list. I chose Luke Wypler. Apart from ESPN, a number of sites have him as a late 2nd pick. The Bills had Wypler in for a visit and he is supposedly above average at both run and pass blocking. He's not an imposing athlete, but if he's effective that is what matters. Mingo or Musgrave are the skill players one might consider here. I'm not thrilled with either at 59, so I think doubling up on the oline is a worthy strategy. 

I read somewhere that they really like him and Schmitz. Which leads me to believe they want Tippmann. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Those choices? Meh. I'd take the Tight End and I don't love him.

Certainly the highest ceiling of the group, but dude has almost zero floor.

Obviously we all hope it doesn't shake out this way, but I think we HAVE to find a contributor at that spot... MIngo's far from perfect, but provides matchup options as a jumbo slot and could potentially be arbitrage for Gabe as well. 

12 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Certainly the highest ceiling of the group, but dude has almost zero floor.

Obviously we all hope it doesn't shake out this way, but I think we HAVE to find a contributor at that spot... MIngo's far from perfect, but provides matchup options as a jumbo slot and could potentially be arbitrage for Gabe as well. 

I wouldn't be certain I'd take Mingo at #91. There is no way I'd take him at #59. I take the point about Musgrave's floor. I don't really want him at #59 either, but he is the highest on my board of those 4 choices. I think he is the best of them.

I have a very late 3 on Wypler and 4s on Mingo and Benton. 

The best players on the board here are defensive backs IMO the way this has fallen. 

Antonio Johnson is my BPA, Cam Phillips III is my #2. Darius Rush is my #3. I then have Derick Hall (don't think he is gone) and Rashee Rice. There is then another 8 guys on my board before I get to Musgrave. But he is over a round lower than Johnson and exactly a round lower than Phillips by my grades. Any of these 4 are a reach IMO. But Musgrave is the best of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Has anyone ever seen a play where Musgrave broke a tackle? like ever? He seems to get taken down by a mild breeze... and it usually looks painful. I find it near impossible to not be able to break at least 1 tackle, especially in your highlight video as an elite pass catching TE prospect. Heck, he even tackles himself if no one is around. If we draft this guy, it's to be a possession WR, and that's it.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't be certain I'd take Mingo at #91. There is no way I'd take him at #59. I take the point about Musgrave's floor. I don't really want him at #59 either, but he is the highest on my board of those 4 choices. I think he is the best of them.

I have a very late 3 on Wypler and 4s on Mingo and Benton. 

The best players on the board here are defensive backs IMO the way this has fallen. 

Antonio Johnson is my BPA, Cam Phillips III is my #2. Darius Rush is my #3. I then have Derick Hall (don't think he is gone) and Rashee Rice. There is then another 8 guys on my board before I get to Musgrave. But he is over a round lower than Johnson and exactly a round lower than Phillips by my grades. Any of these 4 are a reach IMO. But Musgrave is the best of them.

As usual, you and I are pretty well aligned, I was just "defending" Mingo based on the available poll options. It's gross as all getout, but fills a need at a spot I think we need to address. As I said in my original post, we'd be incredibly dumb to not flip a 4 or a 5 for Tillman or Simpson.

Of your list, I really like Phillips and would be fine with Johnson as well.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

As usual, you and I are pretty well aligned, I was just "defending" Mingo based on the available poll options. It's gross as all getout, but fills a need at a spot I think we need to address. As I said in my original post, we'd be incredibly dumb to not flip a 4 or a 5 for Tillman or Simpson.

Of your list, I really like Phillips and would be fine with Johnson as well.

Yea I'm not desperate to draft a DB in the first two rounds but if it falls like this I'm not sure you have much option. I'd agree if it begins to go this way you have to try and trade up or if you can't you have to try and trade out of the round altogether. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t agree with you on Mingo. He and Wilson have the highest upsides of any remaining WRs (outside of Boutte who has major character red flags). We need more playmakers so why not take a chance on one of the guys who could pay off huge with the right coaching instead of the retread safe WRs with no real upside like Tillman or even Tank Dell imo.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You would take Antonio Johnson, right? I remember you saying you would even take him in the 1st round.

Interesting that NFL.COM has Kyle Duggar as his pro comp. Weren’t we reported to be interested in Duggar prior to the Cheaters* snagging him? I seem to remember hearing about how versatile he is, and we obviously love that. 

44 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Has anyone ever seen a play where Musgrave broke a tackle? like ever? He seems to get taken down by a mild breeze... and it usually looks painful. I find it near impossible to not be able to break at least 1 tackle, especially in your highlight video as an elite pass catching TE prospect. Heck, he even tackles himself if no one is around. If we draft this guy, it's to be a possession WR, and that's it.

He’s a heck of an athlete, but I can’t argue with you on the falling down all the time thing I did notice that myself lol

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Interesting that NFL.COM has Kyle Duggar as his pro comp. Weren’t we reported to be interested in Duggar prior to the Cheaters* snagging him? I seem to remember hearing about how versatile he is, and we obviously love that. 

Yes, it was confirmed by at least one credible poster on this board that we had tried to trade up for him in the 2nd round that year before the enemy took him. Although the only play of his I remember against us is one where Devin Singletary took him for a 10 yard ride along the sideline 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.