TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Who should the Bills take at #59

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at #59  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #59

• Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon St
    • Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
    • Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
    • Luke Wypier, C, Ohio St (3rd round grade, ESPN grade 74)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/22/2023 at 12:00 AM

Early in the process I thought that Antonio Johnson was a possible 1st round pick for us, but I guess his stock has decreased a lot because now I'm usually seeing him mocked in the 3rd round. I would still take him here at #59. We need to start thinking about the future beyond Poyer and Hyde.

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can’t believe some of you guys have Michael Wilson so high.  I wouldn’t consider him til rd 3, preferably 4.

this list is 💩 no offense.  

Yeah, it wasn't fun to put together

• Agree 1

Musgrave would be a catastrophically bad pick for Buffalo...

All options are poo-poo, and its brutal that Tillman went two picks ahead and Simpson went 4 -- either of those guys would be worth a minor trade up for over this mess, but had to go with Mingo of the options listed...

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Musgrave would be a catastrophically bad pick for Buffalo...

All options are poo-poo, and its brutal that Tillman went two picks ahead and Simpson went 4 -- either of those guys would be worth a minor trade up for over this mess, but had to go with Mingo of the options listed...

Agreed. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Early in the process I thought that Antonio Johnson was a possible 1st round pick for us, but I guess his stock has decreased a lot because now I'm usually seeing him mocked in the 3rd round. I would still take him here at #59. We need to start thinking about the future beyond Poyer and Hyde.

He's a weird prospect. His athletic scores at the combine were bad. His 40 was ok. 8 on the bench press is abysmal for a college football player. So you have this kind of position less player who has ok size but is not a great athlete. What do you do with him? 

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's a weird prospect. His athletic scores at the combine were bad. His 40 was ok. 8 on the bench press is abysmal for a college football player. So you have this kind of position less player who has ok size but is not a great athlete. What do you do with him? 

I'd take instincts and production over pure athleticism for a safety. These guys panned out just fine:

DP4Rsv5X0AA6FEH.jpg

jordan-poyer-ras-10619.webp

• Like (+1) 1

It's an underwhelming list. I chose Luke Wypler. Apart from ESPN, a number of sites have him as a late 2nd pick. The Bills had Wypler in for a visit and he is supposedly above average at both run and pass blocking. He's not an imposing athlete, but if he's effective that is what matters. Mingo or Musgrave are the skill players one might consider here. I'm not thrilled with either at 59, so I think doubling up on the oline is a worthy strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Play him in the box and near the LOS. His NFL.com pro comparison is Kyle Dugger. I've been saying this defense needs some size and physicality, right now it's too much finesse. Johnson gives us that element. Year one I'd expect him to be a sub package DB, maybe a big nickel or brought in for dime packages. Year two I'd expect him to take over for Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.