The Las Vegas A's are coming in 2027

Draconator

On 4/21/2023 at 5:12 PM, Draconator said:

Dave Kaval said on MLB Radio on SIriusXM, "The Las Vegas A's has a nice ring to it". The A's name is styaing. 

There's some talk that MLB will add 8,000 seats to Las Vegas' new Triple-A ballpark and the A's would play there for 3 years until their new stadium is built. That would be a max attendance of 18,000 which is still more than what they draw now in Oakland.

I agree, it's almost certainly going to stay.  Would be pretty dumb move to change what is basically an original teams nickname (with the 3rd most WS rings in history).  However, if there is one thing we have learned as A's fans, do NOT trust a single word that POS  liar says.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2023 at 5:12 PM, Draconator said:

Dave Kaval said on MLB Radio on SIriusXM, "The Las Vegas A's has a nice ring to it". The A's name is styaing. 

There's some talk that MLB will add 8,000 seats to Las Vegas' new Triple-A ballpark and the A's would play there for 3 years until their new stadium is built. That would be a max attendance of 18,000 which is still more than what they draw now in Oakland.

It worked in Buffalo. Even if they only had 10K seats to work with. Beats playing as a lame duck in Oakland.

• Agree 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:50 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

It worked in Buffalo. Even if they only had 10K seats to work with. Beats playing as a lame duck in Oakland.

Yes when Buffalo/Toronto Blue Jays are outdrawing Oakland Athletics on average during Covid-19 with half our market is on the other side of the Peace Branch Bridge with lockdowns. I believe that was the final straw what are we doing in Oakland by the commissioner? Here is the date get it done or move on. That alone with the huge success of the Vegas Golden Knights and Las Vegas Raiders lead to the Oakland Athletics moving. I don’t think the Bay Area will be out of major league sports in 20 years I could see something going back. After the Oakland politicians are done running Oakland into the ground residents will wake up and vote corrupt politicians in bed with land developers out of public office. Brooklyn returned to major league sports after that control nut Robert Moses in the 1950’s. I have no doubt Oakland will at some point be in major league sports again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

On 4/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, BillsPride12 said:

How come Oakland can't hang on to any of it's teams anymore?

In a word, Greed. 

The should simply change the name from Athletics to: Aces.

Keep everything the same... But ditch jumbo the elephant and replace it with an ace of spades. ♠️

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

In a word, Greed. 

Oakland is pretty rough. When we went to Bills games there. We stay in South Frisco and take The BART. Went and promptly left.  Ain't gonna wander around Oakland. 

Bay Area doesn't need two teams anymore.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 4/20/2023 at 3:27 PM, Draconator said:

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/news/a-s-buy-land-in-las-vegas-for-future-ballpark

Las Vegas is always a fun time and the A's will add to that, but damn. So many friendships are more were made in Oakland at A's games. It's a shame both sides couldn't get the Howard Terminal deal done. 

Las Vegas is the new Oakland suburb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.