Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

On 6/2/2023 at 1:17 PM, Jukester said:

I went with the stand-alone Sunday ticket/red zone package.
YTTV doesn’t carry Bally sports which carries all the Cardinals and Blues games here in St Louis. I could get by without but an absolute must for the rest of the family. So when I look at switching, I’d still have to get Bally via another sub and it ends up costing more than I pay now for DTV. 
As much as people complain about DTV, I never paid full price for ST Max in 11 years, usually free or at least 75% off at worst. Also would call every year and get steep discounts on tv package in general. So this switch just means I have to fork over $389 for the ST/red zone package and have to show the family how to access it differently this year. Not gonna complain too much - that’s still not bad as we’ve got 3 nfl teams we follow and this assures we’ll get every game. 

I just did the same. However, it is important to be aware that the $100 early discount only applies to this year. Youtube clearly states that next year it will be $489 for the stand-alone ST w/ RZ ($449 w/o RZ). Of course, you can cancel it before it renews.

1 hour ago, DrW said:

I just did the same. However, it is important to be aware that the $100 early discount only applies to this year. Youtube clearly states that next year it will be $489 for the stand-alone ST w/ RZ ($449 w/o RZ). Of course, you can cancel it before it renews.

Is there a link to where it states that?  My take on it is like anything that goes on sale, once the sale ends it goes back to standard price.  Until the next sale.  And the next sale could be even better or not as good, or not on the terms you want.  But did YTTV state there will never be another early discount in future years?

On 5/31/2023 at 9:02 AM, Beast said:

If a game is shown locally are blacked out on the Sunday ticket. All games shown on local television in your area will not be shown on Sunday Ticket.

I would assume so. Just like DirecTv had those games on local stations.

Always found that kind of annoying on DTV.  Would rather be able to just click up one or maybe two channels to see local game rather than have to switch from channel 800 something to #4.   If they have the technology to know say I'm in the Buffalo viewing area, why can't they also show the channel 4 broadcast on channel 8XX.   Likely will be the same with YTTV too

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Is there a link to where it states that?  My take on it is like anything that goes on sale, once the sale ends it goes back to standard price.  Until the next sale.  And the next sale could be even better or not as good, or not on the terms you want.  But did YTTV state there will never be another early discount in future years?

I did not find a link, but the receipt I received for my payment says that the price for next year is $489.

Membership details

NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone
Regular season  $489.00

Inaugural offer  $100.00 discount limited to your purchase today    -$100.00

Recurring annual charge (Billing starts: Aug 6, 2024)  $489.00

13 minutes ago, DrW said:

I did not find a link, but the receipt I received for my payment says that the price for next year is $489.

Membership details

NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone
Regular season  $489.00

Inaugural offer  $100.00 discount limited to your purchase today    -$100.00

Recurring annual charge (Billing starts: Aug 6, 2024)  $489.00

OK. my view is so they call it something else next year, loyalty reward, etc.  Or they don't offer any discounts and quickly find out the price point that people are willing to pay.  At $489 Reddit starts to look good again.

Actually was disappointed I had already signed up when I saw this years schedule, as many Bills games that are either at 4:25, or prime time, kind of felt it's not worth paying for it.

44 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK. my view is so they call it something else next year, loyalty reward, etc.  Or they don't offer any discounts and quickly find out the price point that people are willing to pay.  At $489 Reddit starts to look good again.

Let's hope so!

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually was disappointed I had already signed up when I saw this years schedule, as many Bills games that are either at 4:25, or prime time, kind of felt it's not worth paying for it.

Yes, exactly. I’ve already canceled the auto renew. Will revisit everything again next summer. 

8 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Anyone know if you can order YouTube before deadline but delay start date till around season start. I would honestly cancel all cable if not for Bills. I imagine you probably have to start service immediately. 

Yes! I did exactly this. They allow you to “pause” service. So I signed up and paused for 3 months until the season starts. 

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can you separately cancel auto renew just for ST as I also have a subscription for YTTV which I auto pay the monthly bill.

Not sure as I did the standalone ST only and not the tv package

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Yes! I did exactly this. They allow you to “pause” service. So I signed up and paused for 3 months until the season starts. 

Did you have to pay for the first month?  I looked into this VERY BRIEFLY and I thought that the pause took place at the end of the month in which you requested it.  If I sign up today or tomorrow and want to pause immediately, would I still have to pay for June?

15 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Did you have to pay for the first month?  I looked into this VERY BRIEFLY and I thought that the pause took place at the end of the month in which you requested it.  If I sign up today or tomorrow and want to pause immediately, would I still have to pay for June?

Nope, no charge other than the $289 Sunday ticket cost or whatever it was with red zone. I signed up and paused the same day. They labeled day one as a “free trial” and billing was set to take place the next day. But that was the day the pause took effect. 

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Thanks. Do you have to call to get the delay or can it be done online?  Thanks. Go Bills. 

All done online in your profile. Just make sure you set the pause right after you sign up, because it takes effect the next day, which is the day your first bill will charge. So if you don’t set the pause immediately you’ll end up being charged for the first month. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Just signed up for the standalone NFL package.  Man, that was a bit painful after getting heavily discounted or Free Sunday ticket for many years.  No negotiating with YouTube....no human phone contact, you pay their price and receive it or you don't.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Just signed up for the standalone NFL package.  Man, that was a bit painful after getting heavily discounted or Free Sunday ticket for many years.  No negotiating with YouTube....no human phone contact, you pay their price and receive it or you don't.

true but I'm saving over $100 per month since switching from directv to youtube tv. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

true but I'm saving over $100 per month since switching from directv to youtube tv. 

That's solid. I dropped DTV and have the Verizon Fios bundle now. All told save about $50 per month on TV/Wifi.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.