Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

On 5/28/2023 at 7:44 PM, Beast said:

Blackouts will be no different than they were while on DirecTv. If you live in the viewing area, it will be blacked on on YouTube.

But I am assuming the game would be broadcast on the local channel and viewable in the YTTV App on that local channel.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:44 PM, Beast said:

Blackouts will be no different than they were while on DirecTv. If you live in the viewing area, it will be blacked on on YouTube.

what blackouts are you referring to.? NFL doesn't blackout games anymore.

56 minutes ago, nucci said:

what blackouts are you referring to.? NFL doesn't blackout games anymore.

If a game is shown locally are blacked out on the Sunday ticket. All games shown on local television in your area will not be shown on Sunday Ticket.

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

But I am assuming the game would be broadcast on the local channel and viewable in the YTTV App on that local channel.

I would assume so. Just like DirecTv had those games on local stations.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Beast said:

If a game is shown locally are blacked out on the Sunday ticket. All games shown on local television in your area will not be shown on Sunday Ticket.

ahh, right. Sorry. Misunderstood

• Like (+1) 1

I can't believe it, but for the first time in decades I will not be getting Sunday Ticket.  My schedule analysis is that there will only be 4 games I will need ST for - weeks 2, 3, 4 and 7.  Not counting the last 2 games as at least one should get flexed.  Anyway, can't justify the price for 4 games.  Might travel for one of them anyway.  For those 4 weeks I guess now I'll have to learn how some of you have been getting the games for free😎

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I can't believe it, but for the first time in decades I will not be getting Sunday Ticket.  My schedule analysis is that there will only be 4 games I will need ST for - weeks 2, 3, 4 and 7.  Not counting the last 2 games as at least one should get flexed.  Anyway, can't justify the price for 4 games.  Might travel for one of them anyway.  For those 4 weeks I guess now I'll have to learn how some of you have been getting the games for free😎

Find a friend who has YTTV in WNY use one of the multiple,IDs allowed 

On 5/24/2023 at 2:32 PM, newcam2012 said:

I just cut the cord with Direct TV. My discounts just expired and it was too expensive. Plus, no NFL ticket. 

Subscribed to YouTube TV. Prices went up a lot. $72 a month which is about $100 cheaper than my Direct TV. Pretty good savings. 

Also, signed up for $249 NFL ticket. Supposedly, it's a $100 off promotion until June 6th. 

Personally, I like the setup of the Direct TV better. Seems easier for a non tech guy like myself. However, YouTube TV doesn't seen daunting. Will take a little getting used to. 

I can't help but think Direct TV is going to lose a lot of business. The retention department didn't even really try to retain me. Offered me a $50 off for 12 months. Not worth it! 

Thanks for your help in this matter. A few of you really encouraged me to make the jump. 

About to do the same.  Already added YouTube TV with The Ticket to get the good deal.  Need to finish watching some things on Direct TV DVR then I’ll cancel them.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2023 at 5:57 AM, newcam2012 said:

That doesn't seem like a deal to me. I'm going to miss the days of getting the ticket for free or $99. 

To boot, YouTube tv prices are going up. The sports package I like is around $72 a month. I suspect prices with continue to go up. 

Right now, I still have DTV with discounts applied. Still paying more than $72 a month. Decisions decisions. I hate changing over as I'm an old dinasour. 

Maybe my kids can find a nice bootleg way to watch the games with a VPN. Not my style but I wanna watch my Bills games. However, I suspect the Bills with have quite a few nationally televised games too. 

Direct TV was a terrible service though.  Most of us wouldn’t change providers -even if it meant getting the Sunday Ticket, so I’m pumped for YouTubeTV

I went with the stand-alone Sunday ticket/red zone package.
YTTV doesn’t carry Bally sports which carries all the Cardinals and Blues games here in St Louis. I could get by without but an absolute must for the rest of the family. So when I look at switching, I’d still have to get Bally via another sub and it ends up costing more than I pay now for DTV. 
As much as people complain about DTV, I never paid full price for ST Max in 11 years, usually free or at least 75% off at worst. Also would call every year and get steep discounts on tv package in general. So this switch just means I have to fork over $389 for the ST/red zone package and have to show the family how to access it differently this year. Not gonna complain too much - that’s still not bad as we’ve got 3 nfl teams we follow and this assures we’ll get every game. 

7 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

So multiple people on said account could watch Sunday ticket at the same time? 

Mot sure with ST but YTTV accounts support 5 devices.   My buddies kids use it while away at school and he uses it at home

2 hours ago, Jukester said:

I went with the stand-alone Sunday ticket/red zone package.
YTTV doesn’t carry Bally sports which carries all the Cardinals and Blues games here in St Louis. I could get by without but an absolute must for the rest of the family. So when I look at switching, I’d still have to get Bally via another sub and it ends up costing more than I pay now for DTV. 
As much as people complain about DTV, I never paid full price for ST Max in 11 years, usually free or at least 75% off at worst. Also would call every year and get steep discounts on tv package in general. So this switch just means I have to fork over $389 for the ST/red zone package and have to show the family how to access it differently this year. Not gonna complain too much - that’s still not bad as we’ve got 3 nfl teams we follow and this assures we’ll get every game. 

I agree about getting the ticket at a discounted price. Often you could get it free as well. I will miss that for sure. 

I'd add that DTV was pretty easy to use and I really didn't have any major issues. 

Nevertheless, YTTV still is a lot cheaper even paying full price for the NFL ticket.

Edited by newcam2012

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree about getting the ticket at a discounted price. Often you could get it free as well. I will miss that for sure. 

I'd add that DTV was pretty easy to use and I really didn't have any major issues. 

Nevertheless, YTTV still is a lot cheaper even paying full price for the NFL ticket.

Not really cheaper for me. Paying $105 for DTV including regional sports channels and I get HBO for free. I believe it would be at least that much for YTTV for similar package. But I know people’s miles vary with DTV.

1 hour ago, Jukester said:

Not really cheaper for me. Paying $105 for DTV including regional sports channels and I get HBO for free. I believe it would be at least that much for YTTV for similar package. But I know people’s miles vary with DTV.

Wow $105 for DTV is a really good price. 

I was paying around $175 a month once my 12 months discounts ended. I paid for additional boxes, insurance for broken equipment, high def feed, added taxes and fees, DVR genie service, etc...

You tube is $73 flat. I added a free trial 4k and unlimited DVR service. It's $10 a month extra. Not sure I will continue it. I added it because my wife was watching a show she supposedly recorded the same day. She fell asleep and when she woke up she was unable to watch it. The system for some reason would allow it. Then when I added that free trial she was able to watch it. 

Anyone know what might have happened? I don't have a 4k capatable tv. Hoping I don't need the service. Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by newcam2012

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Wow $105 for DTV is a really good price. 

I was paying around $175 a month once my 12 months discounts ended. I paid for additional boxes, insurance for broken equipment, high def feed, added taxes and fees, DVR genie service, etc...

You tube is $73 flat. I added a free trail 4k and unlimited DVR service. It's $10 a month extra. Not sure I will continue it. I added it because my wife was watching a show she supposedly recorded the same day. She fell asleep and when she woke up she was unable to watch it. The system for some reason would allow it. Then when I added that free trial she was able to watch it. 

Anyone know what might have happened? I don't have a 4k capatable tv. Hoping I don't need the service. Any help is appreciated. 

Yes it is quite a deal. At $175 I’d be out in a heartbeat. I call every 12 months (sometimes more often) and get re-upped with discounts continually. I’m due in July again. Hopefully things don’t change too much. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ironically, after pining for Sunday Ticket for 20 plus years, now that I can finally get it, I think I might pass. I may get the YTTV sports package (10.99 a month) which has a bunch of crap I don't care about...but it has RedZone.  I am not sure how much I would actually even use it, but so many swear it is the greatest innovation in NFL viewing. I personally like just focusing on one game...but we shall see. Reason I am thinking of passing on Sunday Ticket is not only the money, but I feel like I am bound to get somewhere between 7-12 Bills games without it. I can go to the Backers bar (which I enjoy, been doing for 30 years) if I can't watch at home. 

I will likely re-up on NFL +. True, you can't watch games live, but I like rewatching Bills games during the week, in smaller chunks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.