Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

8 hours ago, SoMAn said:

question regarding sharing Sunday Ticket for someone with technical knowledge of the service.....

Youtube conditions for service stipulate that a subscriber can view the NFLST on 2 devices, only for people who reside in the same household.

Is this enforceable? If I want to share a login and password with a neighbor, are there obstacles that Youtube has in place to prevent sharing outside the subscriber residence? What if I want to take my tablet remotely away from the house? Do I have to remain on the same home wi-fi network to receive the streaming from Youtube? 

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing these questions answered at Youtube's FAQ site.

I'm trying to avoid paying $350 for what will amount to only about 5 or 6 games not shown on local Atlanta TV/Peacock.  If I can split the cost with a friend it might be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any definitive answers.

I've had YTTB for the last 2.5 years. It allows 5 logins for family members (I see your comments that it's only two for the Ticket, I'm talking regular YTTV). I use it in Orange County CA, Rochester, Syracuse, and Milwaukee. But to use outside of my home area which is Rochester, each user must login from Rochester every three months. I do this by setting up an email for my family members that's only for YTTV and logging in to YTTV from each of these emails regularly. 

• Like (+1) 2

I just cut the cord with Direct TV. My discounts just expired and it was too expensive. Plus, no NFL ticket. 

Subscribed to YouTube TV. Prices went up a lot. $72 a month which is about $100 cheaper than my Direct TV. Pretty good savings. 

Also, signed up for $249 NFL ticket. Supposedly, it's a $100 off promotion until June 6th. 

Personally, I like the setup of the Direct TV better. Seems easier for a non tech guy like myself. However, YouTube TV doesn't seen daunting. Will take a little getting used to. 

I can't help but think Direct TV is going to lose a lot of business. The retention department didn't even really try to retain me. Offered me a $50 off for 12 months. Not worth it! 

Thanks for your help in this matter. A few of you really encouraged me to make the jump. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I just cut the cord with Direct TV. My discounts just expired and it was too expensive. Plus, no NFL ticket. 

Subscribed to YouTube TV. Prices went up a lot. $72 a month which is about $100 cheaper than my Direct TV. Pretty good savings. 

Also, signed up for $249 NFL ticket. Supposedly, it's a $100 off promotion until June 6th. 

Personally, I like the setup of the Direct TV better. Seems easier for a non tech guy like myself. However, YouTube TV doesn't seen daunting. Will take a little getting used to. 

I can't help but think Direct TV is going to lose a lot of business. The retention department didn't even really try to retain me. Offered me a $50 off for 12 months. Not worth it! 

Thanks for your help in this matter. A few of you really encouraged me to make the jump. 

As I said in other posts, I switched to You Tube TV from DirecTV around 2.5 years ago. I always found it very easy. However, sometimes it does "spin" for a bit and it's almost always much slower to fast forward than with a regular DVR. I think that may have more to do with my Visio TV than my internet connection or You Tube as it works much better with a FireStick. But, it's great service, unlimited cloud DVR, many great channels, and MUCH cheaper than cable or satelite. I think you'll get used to how to use it very quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

This has been around for a bit... hope no one paid the $350 full price. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, newcam2012 said:

I can’t believe Directv was that much. I was paying around 70/ month and hated that. Thought “cutting the cord” was supposed to save money, but it ends up being the same or more. I pay $15 month for Philo Tv, $9 through Netflix (both discounted via T-Mobile) and then $14 for the Disney bundle.

Hate the thought of having to go back to $75/ month to sign up for YouTube tv.  

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I can’t believe Directv was that much. I was paying around 70/ month and hated that. Thought “cutting the cord” was supposed to save money, but it ends up being the same or more. I pay $15 month for Philo Tv, $9 through Netflix (both discounted via T-Mobile) and then $14 for the Disney bundle.

Hate the thought of having to go back to $75/ month to sign up for YouTube tv.  

$75 does seem a bit steep. Direct TVs pricing is really expensive because of the add on fees. Boxes, insurance, taxes, and hi def fee to name a few. 

The good thing is the convience and ease of using their system. Also, I was always able to get the NFL ticket free or $99 for years. 

With YouTube TV there is no negotiations that I know of. The price is the price. 

YouTube TV is pretty easy to get used too. I was a bit apprehensive. Saving some extra cash is never a bad thing. 

44 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I may have missed it, but what if you already have YouTube TV?

Do they still do blackouts for local games? I don't have any cable/satellite anymore, so it'll be really annoying to have the service I'm paying for block games.

Blackouts will be no different than they were while on DirecTv. If you live in the viewing area, it will be blacked on on YouTube.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, newcam2012 said:

Sounds like my call with them.  I said no sunday ticket and I get free basic cable in new home.  With as many games that will be on national TV not gonna sign up for the ticket package.   I need to do the free trial of YouTube tv wondering if I can pause live sports since I really prefer synching Bills radio broadcast with the video!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Sounds like my call with them.  I said no sunday ticket and I get free basic cable in new home.  With as many games that will be on national TV not gonna sign up for the ticket package.   I need to do the free trial of YouTube tv wondering if I can pause live sports since I really prefer synching Bills radio broadcast with the video!

The DVR on YouTube tv is as good as any cable/sattelite service with a box.  You should have no problem synching it.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The DVR on YouTube tv is as good as any cable/sattelite service with a box.  You should have no problem synching it.  

I plan on watching on YouTube since don’t have YouTube TV hope the pause function is available 

On 4/22/2023 at 9:43 AM, RichRiderBills said:

I've never understood NFLs model here.

First off, the NFL should be their own network ( they literally already have this) 

The should have a stream service ( Again they have this)

Charge folks less, make it grow, and profit more by running it. 

Or

NFL should sell non exclusive deals with many people and several sources. Sell rights to Xfinity , Amazon, YouTube, DTV, Dish, etc ..

Let the above run PPV games ala carte. 

Let them all get the service for a non exclusive price. They would make more this way and continue to grow the sport and viewers. 

The exclusive rights deal is lazy. Bad corporate model and extremely risky. It's been bad for the NFL. 

The only caveat is RedZone, which is farmed out apart from Sunday ticket, and run well. RedZone is the standard. 

i agree

ive said it numerous times. You make it available on all platforms like how season packages are for other sports leagues and the cost is about 1/3 it is now they will bring in more than they got from YouTube.  You can also sell individual team packages.  You have a high cost PPV to get individual games

just like direct tv, I’m not switching to you tube to get the package 

this season based on the schedule release. There are 3 games I won’t be able to get. Vegas and both cheats games. Dallas is a maybe because it’s not a clear east/west split with Philadelphia in the slot.  The peacock game  I could pay to get.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Can someone explain to me if I have to sign up for the YouTube TV at 78 whatever dollars a month in order to sign up for the NFL Sunday ticket or do I have to do both?

I believe the answer is no, ya can get it with out you Tube TV but it costs more

On 5/24/2023 at 8:41 PM, TheWeatherMan said:

Anyone know if this is going to impact NFL Game Pass subscriptions for us fans not in the US? 

I'm getting this message in Game Pass - 

"NFL Game Pass International will have a new home for the 2023 season. If you are looking to subscribe for the 2023 season, please check back here, or look out for an email from us soon for further details. If you are currently a subscriber and are looking to watch NFL Draft April 27 to April 29, the live stream can be accessed via the Game Pass International homepage during that time. If you are not a subscriber currently and are looking to watch NFL Draft, please see the table here for local listings by country."

I think there could be changes a foot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Can someone explain to me if I have to sign up for the YouTube TV at 78 whatever dollars a month in order to sign up for the NFL Sunday ticket or do I have to do both?

You can bundle NFL Sunday Ticket together with a YouTube TV subscription, or purchase as a standalone Primetime Channel on YouTube. The NFL games you'll get depend on the package you choose.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/12769543?sjid=13405091786317741485-NA

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.