Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

I've never understood NFLs model here.

First off, the NFL should be their own network ( they literally already have this) 

The should have a stream service ( Again they have this)

Charge folks less, make it grow, and profit more by running it. 

Or

NFL should sell non exclusive deals with many people and several sources. Sell rights to Xfinity , Amazon, YouTube, DTV, Dish, etc ..

Let the above run PPV games ala carte. 

Let them all get the service for a non exclusive price. They would make more this way and continue to grow the sport and viewers. 

The exclusive rights deal is lazy. Bad corporate model and extremely risky. It's been bad for the NFL. 

The only caveat is RedZone, which is farmed out apart from Sunday ticket, and run well. RedZone is the standard. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

First off, the NFL should be their own network ( they literally already have this) 

Or

NFL should sell non exclusive deals with many people and several sources. Sell rights to Xfinity , Amazon, YouTube, DTV, Dish, etc ..

Let them all get the service for a non exclusive price. They would make more this way and continue to grow the sport and viewers. 

The exclusive rights deal is lazy. Bad corporate model and extremely risky. 

They could care less. They got paid a ton of money to do nothing.  All the risk is on YouTube to recoup their money, NFL gets paid regardless.

I do agree the cost should be less, and more options like single team.  They have no reason to do so unless they made more money doing so.

• Agree 2

Just now, davefan66 said:

They could care less. They got paid a ton of money to do nothing.  All the risk is on YouTube to recoup their money, NFL gets paid regardless.

I do agree the cost should be less, and more options like single team.  They have no reason to do so unless they made more money doing so.

There's inherit risk whenever you license out a property.

They have the keys to your castle. Any number of actions could effect your bottom line in the future or on the next deal. 

Take for example Thursday night football on Amazon. If your not growing viewers you are risking shrinking viewership. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Or

The exclusive rights deal is lazy. Bad corporate model and extremely risky. It's been bad for the NFL. 

The only caveat is RedZone, which is farmed out apart from Sunday ticket, and run well. RedZone is the standard. 

Do you really think the 10+ billion dollar entity did not consider all options and choose the one that is best value/growth and some random internet guy can just too out something better?

22 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Or

The NFL model works. They get billions of dollars for broadcasting their games and people pay for the ridiculous PSLs just for the right to buy a ticket.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

question regarding sharing Sunday Ticket for someone with technical knowledge of the service.....

Youtube conditions for service stipulate that a subscriber can view the NFLST on 2 devices, only for people who reside in the same household.

Is this enforceable? If I want to share a login and password with a neighbor, are there obstacles that Youtube has in place to prevent sharing outside the subscriber residence? What if I want to take my tablet remotely away from the house? Do I have to remain on the same home wi-fi network to receive the streaming from Youtube? 

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing these questions answered at Youtube's FAQ site.

I'm trying to avoid paying $350 for what will amount to only about 5 or 6 games not shown on local Atlanta TV/Peacock.  If I can split the cost with a friend it might be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any definitive answers.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Paid my 349 last week. Hope there aren’t any glitches but I expect some issues.

My concern is the lag time though it happens with satellite and cable as well. Watching NHL and NBA playoffs I've noticed about a 30 second difference when watching the games to checking scores on my phone. 

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

My concern is the lag time though it happens with satellite and cable as well. Watching NHL and NBA playoffs I've noticed about a 30 second difference when watching the games to checking scores on my phone. 

Given the short time of actual action in an NFL play, even a few seconds of lag is annoying if you are chatting with someone on, say, TBD Shout box. With NFL Sunday ticket I often found myself 10-15 seconds behind 

• Like (+1) 1

If you are only interested in bills games it is may not really needed.  I live I. Ne.   All four of the 4pm games are national games and will be on your local tv.   6 night games one in London leaves 6 1pm games.   Of those two are pats so those are local and a couple of the others I believe I will get also.  I may have to go to a bar for one or two.   Not worth $350 for me this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

If you are only interested in bills games it is may not really needed.  I live I. Ne.   All four of the 4pm games are national games and will be on your local tv.   6 night games one in London leaves 6 1pm games.   Of those two are pats so those are local and a couple of the others I believe I will get also.  I may have to go to a bar for one or two.   Not worth $350 for me this year. 

Yup. Same here. There won't be enough Bills games that won't be on locally in NH to make spending that much money worth it.

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I’m basically in the same situation. I’ll probably be able to watch at least 10-12 games at home. I’ve been spoiled with free Sunday Ticket the last few years, so the idea of paying $350 for maybe 5 games is not my preferred method. If I can split the cost….maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Maybe see you at Billy's Sports Bar for those 1 or two games....not really sure I will be there, might find another way ...but there is a backers group that goes there.

Yeah, I'm part of that group. In fact I got them to settle on Billy's when we were going in circles trying to pick a HQ bar. They give us our own room with the sound up. This year will be hard because the Bills will be on so many national games. Obviously attendance is better when the games aren't on.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yea if I wasn't local then I'd just get the NFL pass and I would avoid any way to hear game scores then just watch game after it gets posted on the NFL replay list and watch it as if it were live  which would be from my perspective though game was really already played.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.