Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

On 4/20/2023 at 5:57 AM, newcam2012 said:

That doesn't seem like a deal to me. I'm going to miss the days of getting the ticket for free or $99. 

To boot, YouTube tv prices are going up. The sports package I like is around $72 a month. I suspect prices with continue to go up. 

Right now, I still have DTV with discounts applied. Still paying more than $72 a month. Decisions decisions. I hate changing over as I'm an old dinasour. 

Maybe my kids can find a nice bootleg way to watch the games with a VPN. Not my style but I wanna watch my Bills games. However, I suspect the Bills with have quite a few nationally televised games too. 

yeah just use your laptop or phone to  cast a stream off NFL Bite ( Reddit ) onto your apple Tv box or smart TV and you are good to go.   free football

DTV is dead.  Get SlingTV for $40 per month.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

what are you on DSL or something?

Nah, we have Xfinity/Comcast, and it's pretty good speed, but....my point was that in order to get good, clean video from YT (including NFL games) you must have a decent internet connection, so even though nowadays everybody already has a home-based wireless internet set up, you still should take at least part of that cost as the cost of you watching NFL games on YT.

27 minutes ago, nucci said:

yep, even with them

I've said this before but youtube is $73 and disney bundle is $13. Live TV, unlimited DVR, hockey games and bunch of other stuff to watch so it's a great deal for me. My directv  channel package was $125/month. add in fees for boxes, multiple TVs taxes and other stuff and it came to about $180 without Sunday ticket and NHL Center Ice. Also Sunday Ticket Max was $395 last year. I'm getting it for $289 this season.

1 minute ago, talbert240 said:

Anyone know if you get just the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, without YouTube TV, can you only watch the games in real time, or are you able to stream the game later, on their cloud-based DVR?

Haven't seen this addressed specifically, but I would think that you would need YTTV to access their DVR.

37 minutes ago, talbert240 said:

Anyone know if you get just the NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, without YouTube TV, can you only watch the games in real time, or are you able to stream the game later, on their cloud-based DVR?

yes, with Youtube Primetime. I think Ned is correct about DVR access

https://tvanswerman.com/2023/04/21/nfl-sunday-ticket-should-you-get-youtube-tv-or-youtube-primetime-channels/

Edited by nucci

Answering my own post...

I just got off a chat with YouTube about recording games with NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, without YouTube TV.

YouTube said YES you can record games on the YouTube TV app, but not on the YouTube app.

I do not have either the YouTube TV or YouTube app, but plan to sign up for Sunday Ticket this year and hope this works as they described it.

17 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I am hoping loophole exists in spectrum app.  I have a friend who lives in WNY that is gonna let me try his  spectrum account first no national games,

Unless you can block your location while using the app, I really doubt you'll be able to watch games our of the area. In fact, even if you can block the location for regular TV, I doubt you can block it and watch local games. But, doesn't hurt to try.

10 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah just use your laptop or phone to  cast a stream off NFL Bite ( Reddit ) onto your apple Tv box or smart TV and you are good to go.   free football

DTV is dead.  Get SlingTV for $40 per month.  

I'll have to look into sling tv.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Nah, we have Xfinity/Comcast, and it's pretty good speed, but....my point was that in order to get good, clean video from YT (including NFL games) you must have a decent internet connection, so even though nowadays everybody already has a home-based wireless internet set up, you still should take at least part of that cost as the cost of you watching NFL games on YT.

In the Year of our Lord, 2023, I doubt anyone who streams any other services is going to have any kind of a problem with this.

FYI- My Plan is to wait for the schedule release (probably around 5/11) and then make an assessment.  

My rationale is at a minimum we should have and my tendencies are:

4 Primetime Games

2 In Person Games

2 Games which are just regular broadcast

The real kicker is usually I am out of town for about 4 weekends of the football season.  Usually, when traveling I like to find a Bills bar or just a sports bar to watch the game.  It is rare I am in a situation where I need to stream on my phone.  

Put that all together and I think I will have access to at least 12 of the 17 games.  That leaves me about 5 weekends to go to the local bar to watch the games.  I think I can manage that and it will be cheaper than purchasing the YouTube season ticket.

Anyone thinking along the same lines?

27 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

FYI- My Plan is to wait for the schedule release (probably around 5/11) and then make an assessment.  

My rationale is at a minimum we should have and my tendencies are:

4 Primetime Games

2 In Person Games

2 Games which are just regular broadcast

The real kicker is usually I am out of town for about 4 weekends of the football season.  Usually, when traveling I like to find a Bills bar or just a sports bar to watch the game.  It is rare I am in a situation where I need to stream on my phone.  

Put that all together and I think I will have access to at least 12 of the 17 games.  That leaves me about 5 weekends to go to the local bar to watch the games.  I think I can manage that and it will be cheaper than purchasing the YouTube season ticket.

Anyone thinking along the same lines?

Nope, I have youtubetv and Sunday ticket. Prefer to watch at home with no one bothering me

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.