Sunday ticket advance prices released

Xwnyer

4 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

YouTube TV is sending out a ST promo YTTV users can sign up for 249 (advertised as 100$ off) user who just want plain ole ST a without a subscription to YTTV is 349 (advertised as 100$ off).  Offer available til a June 6.

That doesn't seem like a deal to me. I'm going to miss the days of getting the ticket for free or $99. 

To boot, YouTube tv prices are going up. The sports package I like is around $72 a month. I suspect prices with continue to go up. 

Right now, I still have DTV with discounts applied. Still paying more than $72 a month. Decisions decisions. I hate changing over as I'm an old dinasour. 

Maybe my kids can find a nice bootleg way to watch the games with a VPN. Not my style but I wanna watch my Bills games. However, I suspect the Bills with have quite a few nationally televised games too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That doesn't seem like a deal to me. I'm going to miss the days of getting the ticket for free or $99. 

To boot, YouTube tv prices are going up. The sports package I like is around $72 a month. I suspect prices with continue to go up. 

Right now, I still have DTV with discounts applied. Still paying more than $72 a month. Decisions decisions. I hate changing over as I'm an old dinasour. 

Maybe my kids can find a nice bootleg way to watch the games with a VPN. Not my style but I wanna watch my Bills games. However, I suspect the Bills with have quite a few nationally televised games too. 

since I dont pay for TV service now since I get spectrum as part of HOA fees this is a deal for me.   I do miss the DTV DVR and whole home functionality and PIP options I had at the old house.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes 

I switched to YTTV just over a year ago and it was a great decision.

Yeah I largely like it, especially (for now) they have unlimited DVR so you can keep shows for a looong time and not have to delete because you've filled your disk.

I feel like DirecTV had a model which allowed them great latitude to reward long-time subscribers so that Sunday Ticket was almost baked into your rates and they'd all but give it to you for free if you seemed dissatisfied with paying the steep price. It sure seems likely that this particular system will not transfer to YouTubeTV. And now that Buffalo seems to get nearly half of their games on Network TV, I'm balking at paying for the Ticket and instead take my money to a Backers Bar for the games that end up regional.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

FYI:

This was all announced and discussed on here back on April 11th when YouTube came out with these ST prices. It’s in the enormous YouTube Sunday ticket thread. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

There's a difference between reading old stuff and letting people who weren't engaged in the previous thread a chance to connect and have a discussion on it from scratch. I say let the thread live till it gets near the bottom of the first page and then merge with the old thread. 

Kind of like that South Park episode with the "Simpsons did it"

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

There's a difference between reading old stuff and letting people who weren't engaged in the previous thread a chance to connect and have a discussion on it from scratch. I say let the thread live till it gets near the bottom of the first page and then merge with the old thread. 

Kind of like that South Park episode with the "Simpsons did it"

I hear ya.  Not complaining, just added the link to the related thread.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

so YTTV + NFL packagage is how much?

i still have Diseny and loathe that.

YTTV is around $70-75 a month.  Sunday Ticket adds $249 with the early bird discount.

I have the Disney+ bundle because it gives me ESPN+ to watch the Sabres and college sports.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

so YTTV + NFL packagage is how much?

i still have Diseny and loathe that.

One thing I don't see being discussed much in here is that to even get any YouTube videos (and be able to play them smoothly), you need to have a good internet connection. Sssoooo, when talking about getting NFL football on YT, in addition to the $$$ you pay to YT, you also should figure in what your internet provider costs are....no decent internet provider (good download speed) means no good NFL football. No internet provider at all means no NFL games on your TV. Sure you could try to watch them through "over the air" signals delivered to your phone or tablet....Good Luck with that!

Edited by Bob Jones
Words
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The NFL has become a product which i feel in the long run like Nascar it will hurt the NFL . Everything with the NFL you have to buy & i could see that in the future the only way anyone that wants to  watch it is either go to the games or buy some kind of plan to watch it .

Lately i have went to NFL.com & in more cases than ever before the only way you can even read about certain articles is if you buy a yearly subscription to read those posted on the site when you use to be able to just go read them .

Eventually they will push away the casual fan from watching the game all in the name of the mighty dollar like they don't make enough as it is already .

It wouldn't even surprise me if each individual team were made to because being under the shield of the NFL that any thing all encompassing will need to be paid for if you want any access to the NFL & your team . I will always route for the Bills & buy merch & go to games when i can but if it comes to that i will need to find something else to do with my free time during football season .

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, colin said:

So my question is -- can i get the sunday ticket and no other youtube tv stuff?  if so, will i get all of the nfl games?

Thanks

You don't need a subscription to sign up... I think the price may be $299 for non subscribers, not sure, but Sunday ticket is available to everyone

Apologies if this has been answered and discussed previously…

Don’t want to read through 20+ pages looking for answers. 🤓

question regarding ability to share YTTV:

If a subscriber is using a firestick or similar USB device with their TV to get steaming apps, can that USB device be used on another TV or different Wi-Fi network?

e.g.- can I take my Roku stick over to my neighbor’s house, plug it in to their smart tv, and watch the NFL Sunday Ticket I’ve subscribed to?  Or has YTTV made it so your subscription is tied to a single network, preventing 2 parties from ‘sharing’ a subscription?

If that’s the case, can I not use my mobile device on another Wi-Fi network to watch games at Goodyear while I’m waiting for my tires to be rotated? 
Thanks in advance for any info related to these inquiries. 

Edited by SoMAn

18 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You don't need a subscription to sign up... I think the price may be $299 for non subscribers, not sure, but Sunday ticket is available to everyone

ok, thanks.  will i miss any games (like local games, or games on espn or whatever)?  

if it won't get me all the games (for the most part) then it isn't worth it to me.

Just now, colin said:

ok, thanks.  will i miss any games (like local games, or games on espn or whatever)?  

if it won't get me all the games (for the most part) then it isn't worth it to me.

primetime games are not on Sunday ticket, just sunday 1pm and 4pm games

not 100% sure about local games as I am out of area...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.