The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

43 minutes ago, StHustle said:

It's a speculation I get. We ALL knew entering this relationship with Diggs that he was the type to act/speak out if he felt he wasn't being utilized correctly. Welp here we are. To me, and anyone who shares my frame of thought, MAKE HIM HAPPY. That includes proper game planning and proper roster management. He isn't wrong for feeling like something's off CAUSE IT IS! Beane made the right decision to bring this type of passionate guy to our table, now he needs to do what's necessary to keep that same type of personality HAPPY which only equates to winning!! I'm not mad at Diggs for putting pressure on the front office and you shouldn't either!!!!

I wish Allen was complaining about lack of OL and WR help, at least behind the scenes.  Diggs should be at voluntary offseason stuff though.  

Micah Hyde was asked about this on GMFB several weeks ago, and I like what he said:

“He wants the rock and he’s a competitor. I feel like if he was not complaining and we lost that game and we all set out into the sunset and into the offseason, that would probably be a problem,” Hyde said. “As a locker room and as an organization, we understand Diggs. We know the type of person he is. Nobody’s panicking. Nobody’s worried about that. I know Diggs personally and I know he’s a competitor and we talk junk in practice every day. That’s just how he is.”

This is just one of those off-season story lines the media gins up to keep football relevant. Frankly, I love what Diggs had to say about how the season ended.

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t find a face-palm gif big enough for this garbage thread

We need more players like Diggs. Not only does he speak the truth, he backs it up with his effort and production in practice/games

There is zero issue here. No one questions if Diggs is going to put in 100% effort 100% of the time. He’s earned the right to speak his mind. The culture of this team has plenty of room for 2-3 Diggs like personalities as long as they back it up like Diggs does.

Stop making things up that aren’t there. If you haven’t figured out Stef yet you never will so enjoy the elite WR play for a few more years

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I wish Allen was complaining about lack of OL and WR help, at least behind the scenes.  Diggs should be at voluntary offseason stuff though.  

Big difference between the QB complaining and the WR1 complaining. Say what you will, but facts remain the facts! 

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

We all know that Allen and Diggs are/were best friends.  We also all know what happened with Diggs at the end of the last season.

Recently, Allen was asked if his relationship with Diggs was still solid.  He responded, "Absolutely...  Stef's gonng be Stef.  I love the guy. He is one of my favorite people on this planet. He is so fiery, so competitive. He wants the ball in his hands 24/7, and I’m never going to not like a guy like that. He wants what’s best for the team.”

To me, that sounds a lot like coach-speak.  Allen keeps it positive, as he should.  But he never actually says that he and Diggs are still talking, hanging out, playing games together, acting like brothers from different mothers...  And his comment, "I'm never going to dislike a guy like that" came off as a little odd to me.  Who said anything about disliking?  Do you have reasons to dislike Stef that you're overcoming?  

I'm not going to churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques, bawling my eyes out, earnestly praying for divine intervention for them to patch things up.  But I do have some concerns about their relationship this year.  I hope those concerns are wrong.  

I don’t think you understand it’s 36 mill in dead cap this year and 25 next year if they trade him these two are

going to be like the odd couple the next two years until Diggs heads to Dallas to complain he’s not getting the ball enough in losses to the Eagles 

24 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I can’t find a face-palm gif big enough for this garbage thread

We need more players like Diggs. Not only does he speak the truth, he backs it up with his effort and production in practice/games

There is zero issue here. No one questions if Diggs is going to put in 100% effort 100% of the time. He’s earned the right to speak his mind. The culture of this team has plenty of room for 2-3 Diggs like personalities as long as they back it up like Diggs does.

Stop making things up that aren’t there. If you haven’t figured out Stef yet you never will so enjoy the elite WR play for a few more years

Then why wasn’t he at the workouts?  Allen was there.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

All you need to do is to look at the fact that the Bills restructured Diggs this off-season.  That essentially makes it impossible to get rid of him for the next 2 seasons.   

You can read into any comments you want, but the Bills don’t make that move if there was some concern about Diggs. 

Diggs is not the problem anymore than Josh. Go out and get DHop for a couple years. Tell your candy ass OL to step up or out. Stop asking your 53M dollar TE to block.  And good Lord find a real offensive "identity" that includes a run game.  Just outscore teams.  I'm tired of waiting around for our D to ever have a good playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Diggs is the only player I can stomach these days. I'm pissed off just as he is.

I have a different take. I think he's indulging himself, reverting to the prima donna role he played in Minnesota. Like his teammates, he's frustrated, but because he's STEFON DIGGS, he gets to act out until people notice. Reminds me of when he went to the hospital to see Damar Hamlin. I'm sure many players wanted to go, but out of respect for the family, they stayed away. Not Diggs, who is special. Another "Look at me!" moment. 

He must have gotten tired of the lovey-dovey role. Didn't garner him enough attention. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a cancer.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Allen and Diggs will be fine. However, I can only imagine the drama if the Bills do manage to acquire Hopkins. The first game Allen would throw more balls to Hopkins than Diggs, Stef will erupt like a volcano.

What part don't y'all get?? Diggs wants to win, period!! He doesn't care about the amount of passes he receives as long as they win. I'm wondering if Stef is more pissed with the organization not putting enough around them to win a SB. All the focus around the defense and not enough on offense. Having to rely on a passed by Beasley and Smoke to help in the passing game. His QB standing behind a porous offensive line. I believe that "come rescue me" message was to DHop knowing that he needs someone to help him lead this team to a SB win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Allen and Diggs will be fine. However, I can only imagine the drama if the Bills do manage to acquire Hopkins. The first game Allen would throw more balls to Hopkins than Diggs, Stef will erupt like a volcano.

Diggs only gets frustrated if the offense is sputtering.

Gabe Davis had a few games where he outshined Diggs and Diggs was happy for him. He just wants to win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

What exactly is it that would give you that impression? 

9 minutes ago, finn said:

I have a different take. I think he's indulging himself, reverting to the prima donna role he played in Minnesota. Like his teammates, he's frustrated, but because he's STEFON DIGGS, he gets to act out until people notice. Reminds me of when he went to the hospital to see Damar Hamlin. I'm sure many players wanted to go, but out of respect for the family, they stayed away. Not Diggs, who is special. Another "Look at me!" moment. 

He must have gotten tired of the lovey-dovey or role. Didn't garner him enough attention. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a cancer.

As far as Josh and Diggs goes, I'm not worried at all. They will be fine. As far as Diggs goes, some of it I wonder about. I mean, imagine if somebody you know just goes off. Is extremely unprofessional. Then everybody else is like, hey, give that guy a break, he's passionate about his work. One, that sort of dismisses the rest of people in that group as not being passionate, which isn't right. Two, it disregards the need to remain professional which is a standard we all have to live by. MAYBE that person gets a break once, maybe, but then it happens again? How many times is it justified to just say "it's ok, he's really passionate". You have the sideline incident with McD last year which Sean did a hell of a job, then the end of the year with Josh. It's just not a good look and if it keeps being justified with "he's passionate" respect will eventually be lost. It seems like the Bills are ok with it for now, if you were a betting man, do you think we will see his "passion" again? I would think so. Love guy, but as a leader he needs to channel this stuff better. Great player and I like him a lot. Hopefully he matures.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Social media has become the bane of human existence. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People believe anything they read. What social media has shown me is how the media can shape a narrative. Scary actually. 

Not that it changes my opinion that this is a non-story but this is the media we're talking about... network television... newspapers... 

26 minutes ago, Billl said:

Then why wasn’t he at the workouts?  Allen was there.

Diggs wasn't at the start of OTAs last year either. According to McDermott the Bills have 90% attendance meaning there are several other players also not there. That probably includes some players considered to be team leaders.