Around the NFL 2023

T&C

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Well it's not like they're going to rely on Hackett.

Lol, the "I've been everywhere" man... forgot he was with the Jets this go around.

• 3 weeks later...

NFL owners passed a vote to allow Thursday Night Football flex scheduling.

Thursday Night Football had been the only primetime spot not subject to flex scheduling late in the season. The passed vote allows the league to manipulate all primetime games late in the season, effectively removing the potential for poor matchups. It seems like another money grab idea predicated on satiating the paying broadcast companies after Amazon purchased the rights to Thursday Night Football for $1 billion this season. While there are strict rules in place as to which teams can flex into the Thursday Night Football game, the new rule could be viewed as detrimental to the competitive integrity of the game, particularly considering the increased magnitude of late season games.

May 22, 2023, 6:16 PM ET

The Athletic's Kalyn Kahler reports the NFL is investigating a fifth Lions player who may have violated the league's gambling policy. 

The player under investigation, according to Kahler, is not a prominent member of the team. That likely means the player is not fantasy relevant. This is the team's latest potential violation of strict gambling-related rules implemented by the league in recent years. In April, safety C.J. Moore and wide receiver Quintez Cephus received indefinite suspensions for betting on NFL games, and wide receivers Jameson Williams and Stanley Berryhill received six-game suspensions for placing bets on other sports while at the Lions facility. Williams later said the team had not informed him of the NFL's rules around gambling. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
May 26, 2023, 10:49 AM ET

On 5/3/2023 at 11:15 AM, NewEra said:

You’re surprised?  He’s been as close to worthless as a player can get.  He’s played in 1 game over the last 2 seasons.  

Yea a huge bust. They got 38 y.o Duane Brown likely to start. 

I guess cause I'm in the nyc area and listen to wfan and ESPN on the road, the Jests hype and Buffalo disrespect is starting to get to me. I can't stand it , everytime I listen,  hosts and callers are talking SB . Saying Bills peaked and will be way worse, just so much nonsense it's nauseating . This team has the longest playoff drought as well as not having a winning record in a decade. Rodgers won 8 games in a bad division and conference , and him alone is going to propel a 7 win team into a SB? Can't stand it

On 5/23/2023 at 3:25 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh no

Anyway…

And Lazzard went down and didn't return,  not that he's a serious threat

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yea a huge bust. They got 38 y.o Duane Brown likely to start. 

I guess cause I'm in the nyc area and listen to wfan and ESPN on the road, the Jests hype and Buffalo disrespect is starting to get to me. I can't stand it , everytime I listen,  hosts and callers are talking SB . Saying Bills peaked and will be way worse, just so much nonsense it's nauseating . This team has the longest playoff drought as well as not having a winning record in a decade. Rodgers won 8 games in a bad division and conference , and him alone is going to propel a 7 win team into a SB? Can't stand it

And Lazzard went down and didn't return,  not that he's a serious threat

Yeah it’s nauseating for sure.

That nausea will turn to laughter when Zach is under center due to Rodgers getting destroyed.

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah it’s nauseating for sure.

That nausea will turn to laughter when Zach is under center due to Rodgers getting destroyed.

Oh ya I can't wait , I think it'll be similar to the Rams game last year. Kyle Allen will be slinging the rock by mid 4th qtr. I just expect Buf to come in feeling disrespected and dominate that lower franchise 

Jon Gruden visited the Saints to "assist in the installation of their offense" with Derek Carr.

Gruden, per Vic Tatur of The Athletic, "still holds out hope of coaching again" after he was forced to resign from his job with the Raiders. This appears to be a trial balloon to the idea of Gruden coming back after offensive e-mails surfaced during the NFL's unrelated investigation of workplace harassment with the Washington Commanders. Gruden would probably have better odds trying to come back as an underling, but it remains unlikely that an NFL team will actually hire him. 

RELATED: New Orleans Saints
SOURCE: The Athletic
May 26, 2023, 5:13 PM ET

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Jimmy Garoppolo can be released without penalty by the Raiders this summer because of his 2022 foot injury.

Garoppolo's deal originally included an $11.25 million signing bonus, but that was converted to part of his base salary after he failed his Raiders physical this spring. Garoppolo can be cut for "any reason" related to his foot, but his $22.5 million salary becomes guaranteed once he "passes a physical exam, is active for at least one regular-season game, and does not suffer re-injury to his left foot." It would certainly seem Garoppolo's physical was most disturbing to the Silver and Black. What was already looking like a questionable signing now has the makings of a potential fiasco. 

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
May 28, 2023, 9:31 AM ET

Evan Engram was not spotted not at the Jaguars' voluntary OTAs.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported in April that Engram wasn't expected to participate in voluntary workouts as he and the Jaguars look to reach an agreement on a long-term extension. Engram was franchise tagged by the Jaguars earlier this offseason, but GM Trent Baalke has already expressed confidence in the two sides working out a deal. Engram posted a career-high 766 receiving yards on his one-year prove-it deal with the Jags and was leaned on heavily during the season's final two months. He'll have some low-end TE1 upside this season and is a threat to go off for a big game on any given week.

SOURCE: Demetrius Harvey on Twitter
May 30, 2023, 11:32 AM ET

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

This has to be a joke that they are doing during the media days right?

Lol... the local news is on and they were gushing over these two. Carolina should take that division this year but maybe NO will make it interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.