NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

It's a Blowout. A bona fide butt kicking by the LV Golden Knights.  FL is frustrated by the Vegas goaltender and the only goal they do have is a deflection off the defense man into the net?

lol

Neither of these teams are lily white as far as physical shots are concerned.  It's not over but IT"S OVER.

2-0 series lead. And senor Eichels head is intact after a vicious but legal check. 

HA  Tkachuk  scores now 6-2. I'm watching for extra chippiness at this point FL is desperate

Edited by muppy

lol Tkachuk the human wrecking ball on skates. Misconducts Plural INDEED.

goon.

..............................................................Vegas power play

chippy Chippy CHIPPY

naughty Naughty NAUGHTY

😄

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

.............................................did I hear 8 skaters are now off the ice?

LOL

EDIT: 7. They're dropping like flies. To the showers yer DONE haha

geesh

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm starting to think that Eichel's woes with the Sabres wasn't all Eichel. It was Eichel (and Reinhardt and Montour and Staal and anyone else) playing under Ralph Kruger as coach. If Eichel was on the Sabres today under Don Granato, he would buy into the team like he is in Vegas. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had his shoulder popped back into his socket after that hit from Tkachuk.

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm starting to think that Eichel's woes with the Sabres wasn't all Eichel. It was Eichel (and Reinhardt and Montour and Staal and anyone else) playing under Ralph Kruger as coach. If Eichel was on the Sabres today under Don Granato, he would buy into the team like he is in Vegas. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had his shoulder popped back into his socket after that hit from Tkachuk.

Eichel isn't a leader.  Hes a talented player and is fitting in well with a good team that has a strong coach and some solid veterans in the locker room.  Between the trash coaches we had, the uninspiring system, and all the expectations for the #2 pick it was a poor situation for any young kid.  Particularly Eichel who was asked to lead the team at a young age.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Eichel isn't a leader.  Hes a talented player and is fitting in well with a good team that has a strong coach and some solid veterans in the locker room.  Between the trash coaches we had, the uninspiring system, and all the expectations for the #2 pick it was a poor situation for any young kid.  Particularly Eichel who was asked to lead the team at a young age.

He's also a million miles away from being the "generational talent" he was advertised as, pre-draft.

I recall arguing with Sabres fans over at Sabrespace in Eichel's/McDavid's first season, and I mentioned the gap between the 2 is HUGE.  Needless to say the masses came after me arguing they are the same player.  LOL.

I have Eichel somewhere around the 10th best center in the league.

If he was Canadian, and the Olympic team went back to using NHlers, Eichel wouldn't even make the team.

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's also a million miles away from being the "generational talent" he was advertised as, pre-draft.

I recall arguing with Sabres fans over at Sabrespace in Eichel's/McDavid's first season, and I mentioned the gap between the 2 is HUGE.  Needless to say the masses came after me arguing they are the same player.  LOL.

I have Eichel somewhere around the 10th best center in the league.

If he was Canadian, and the Olympic team went back to using NHlers, Eichel wouldn't even make the team.

Its funny that Eichel vs McDavid was even a conversation.  It may as well have been Leaf v Manning. McJesus is perhaps the most singularly talented player to ever put on skates.  I am not declaring McDavid the greatest player, but I don't think anyone compares to his blend of speed, skill, vision, and agility.  The stuff he pulls off is unreal.   

I think 10th is generous for Eichel as it stands.  There are many centers more productive than Eichel and his defensive game has never been anything noteworthy.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Its funny that Eichel vs McDavid was even a conversation.  It may as well have been Leaf v Manning. McJesus is perhaps the most singularly talented player to ever put on skates.  I am not declaring McDavid the greatest player, but I don't think anyone compares to his blend of speed, skill, vision, and agility.  The stuff he pulls off is unreal.   

I think 10th is generous for Eichel as it stands.  There are many centers more productive than Eichel and his defensive game has never been anything noteworthy.

I was going to give this a thumbs up except for your last sentence… Eichel has been phenomenal on D for us! Like literally outstanding. That was a weird add in, unless you haven’t watched him this post season

Just watching the highlights, after Gudas screamed in that young goalies face against the Leafs, after they had basically clinched the series, and seeing all his cheap shots through this playoffs… I am so glad we crushed his head in the ice. Their whole deserves that!

26 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I was going to give this a thumbs up except for your last sentence… Eichel has been phenomenal on D for us! Like literally outstanding. That was a weird add in, unless you haven’t watched him this post season

Thanks once again for your insight on your one month of beginner hockey observations.  My opinion is based on watching him for 6 years and having played and watched hockey my entire life.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Thanks once again for your insight on your one month of beginner hockey observations.  My opinion is based on watching him for 6 years and having played and watched hockey my entire life.

But not these playoffs? Oh, and you’re welcome

Edited by Prospector

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

You are really clueless. 

I probably am… but I guess so are the experts on NHL network, Wayne Gretzky, Sirius XM who all said the same thing. This board is the only accumulation of hockey knowledge in the world that is reliable , and the actual experts who played the game at its highest level and/or are paid a ton for their hockey insights are clueless… just like me. Eichel has definitely been bad on defense, because this board said he was bad for years

21 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Oh you left out lots of stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.