NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

Who's everyone rooting for now?  Now that Lindy and the Devils are out I'm pulling for Edmonton.  Just really don't want Vegas, Carolina or Dallas to win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

remind me never to crow about a 2 to nothing lead in an NHL hockey game especially after just the first period. ROOKIE MISTAKE

I forget how goals can come enny ole time...I will in the future wait until a 3 goal lead to feel comfy...and maybe not even then!

Boooo freakin hoooooo Torontooooo...I have lost No love for you because I never had any. 

in your own building even......😋

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

remind me never to crow about a 2 to nothing lead in an NHL hockey game especially after just the first period. ROOKIE MISTAKE

I forget how goals can come enny ole time...I will in the future wait until a 3 goal lead to feel comfy...and maybe not even then!

Boooo freakin hoooooo Torontooooo...I have lost No love for you because I never had any. 

in your own building even......😋

No harm, no foul!😉 

All's well that ends well!

Just for future reference... The old axiom:

"A 2-0 lead in hockey is the hardest lead in all of sports to hold." 

Enjoy!

TheTitanicTheMapleLeafs.thumb.jpg.a1b644fa00ac964e37e2880deaefb7de.jpg

I know, I know we Sabres fans should talk... BUT I can't help myself. We gotta win this damn snack bowl (Stanley Cup) before they do! We are much more deserving city! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Go Panthers.

Go Oilers. 

For me it's Oilers or nothing. IMO these southern teams don't deserve anything. They only support their teams when winning or in the case of the Panthers never support them. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

For me it's Oilers or nothing. IMO these southern teams don't deserve anything. They only support their teams when winning or in the case of the Panthers never support them. 

I'm with you, but I've already watched the Canes "fans" achieve Cup glory in 2006 with incredible generational luck at the Sabres expense.

I honestly don't care who might win if it prevents them  from winning again.

I want to see the Canes lose a top 6 defenseman every game this series.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm with you, but I've already watched the Canes "fans" achieve Cup glory in 2006 with incredible generational luck at the Sabres expense.

The best was Jay McKee being knocked out with a staph infection from an injection.  :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

DAYUM! So living in NC kind of soured you towards that team. I get it now. I relate to that living in san diego .   After a really bad experience at Jack Murphy stadium

from that point forward i detest the Chargers

So your beef is they are bandwagoners?

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

DAYUM! So living in NC kind of soured you towards that team. I get it now. I relate to that living in san diego .   After a really bad experience at Jack Murphy stadium

from that point forward i detest the Chargers

So your beef is they are bandwagoners?

They have a lot of bandwagon fans for sure, but honestly every city will have those during deep playoff runs.

What the Canes have in abundance among their fan base are team swappers. They show up in their canes gear all season until the team from the city they moved from comes to town, then it's time to put on that jersey.  And yes I know more than a few Sabres "fans" here who do this. 

At a sabres game here about ten years ago I saw a guy wearing a canes jersey and sabres hat. Disgusting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

They have a lot of bandwagon fans for sure, but honestly every city will have those during deep playoff runs.

What the Canes have in abundance among their fan base are team swappers. They show up in their canes gear all season until the team from the city they moved from comes to town, then it's time to put on that jersey.  And yes I know more than a few Sabres "fans" here who do this. 

At a sabres game here about ten years ago I saw a guy wearing a canes jersey and sabres hat. Disgusting. 

yeah I doubt dude was repping for his 2 NHL player sons with one on each team.  🙂

I have an NHL question. When a player scores a hat trick the tradition is to throw your hat on to the ice. What happens to those hats? I hope if people don't get them back somehow they are donated to a charity and no just thrown away.

m

36 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I have a friend I went to college with who does this.  Isn't even a hockey fan.  During the playoffs though he continually spams social media about the Rangers.  During Carolina runs its the same way with Carolina.  I just think you cant do that.  I had to endure his 4 Yankees world series wins when in college.  He is also a big Lakers "fan".  

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

yeah I doubt dude was repping for his 2 NHL player sons with one on each team.  🙂

I have an NHL question. When a player scores a hat trick the tradition is to throw your hat on to the ice. What happens to those hats? I hope if people don't get them back somehow they are donated to a charity and no just thrown away.

m

Looks like players keep some of them with hat trick guy getting first dibs, some are tossed and some are donated if they aren't too grimy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/hockey-mystery-happens-hats-thrown-hat-tricks--nhl.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

For the VGK, we only have 5 players from our original Stanley Cup Final team that all the experts said was a bottom 5 team before the season... we made multiple coaching, GM and players changes since then. Heck, what are we on, our 11th Goalie by now since Fleury [A. Hill (who is our 3rd, maybe 4th, back up for the season?!)]. After our missed playoffs last year, our team still sold out all season tickets. You can't go into any store/business/meeting area and not see Golden knights gear all year round. Vegas is a VGK town, like Buffalo is a Bills Town... and we say go Knights in other cities just like we say Go Bills in other cities. And it is kinda cool that 3 of our 5 remaining expansion players scored every goal last game. I just wished Carrier and Eichel would have made a goal, so my Bills fandom could puff its chest.

• Vomit 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.