Future sale of Bills ??????????? (speculation from attention seeking media)

DallasBillsFan1

I listen to Sirius XM NFL.  On Moving The Chains today with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller they discussed the sale of the Commanders.  Then the topic turned to potenital sale of other teams and Pat Kirwin mentioned Seattle and BUFFALO.   WHAT?  Kirwin said he heard of that possibility.  Maybe it's a wild rumor but this is the first I've heard anything like this.  It's only been 7 years since the Pegula's purchased the Bills.  The only thing that I could think that would prompt Mr. Pegula to sell the team of was the health of Kim Pegula ... but I am speculating.  Has anyone else heard of this?  Assuming there is any truth to this, what assurances does the county have that the new owner would keep the Bills in WNY (for new stadium)?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I listen to Sirius XM NFL.  On Moving The Chains today with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller they discussed the sale of the Commanders.  Then the topic turned to potenital sale of other teams and Pat Kirwin mentioned Seattle and BUFFALO.   WHAT?  Kirwin said he heard of that possibility.  Maybe it's a wild rumor but this is the first I've heard anything like this.  It's only been 7 years since the Pegula's purchased the Bills.  The only thing that I could think that would prompt Mr. Pegula to sell the team of was the health of Kim Pegula ... but I am speculating.  Has anyone else heard of this?  Assuming there is any truth to this, what assurances does the county have that the new owner would keep the Bills in WNY (for new stadium)?

We're not going anywhere. Relax

• Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You know, if Mrs. Pegula isn’t doing well and things continue on that path, there is going to be a lot of pain in the building for Mr. Pegula to endure. I could see good reason for him selling. He expected her to bury him, not the other way around. Devastating for their family. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

It's odd you posted this as the thought crossed my mind recently. I was hoping somebody who is more researched on the subject could speak to it. The thought was surrounding Terry's age and Kim's health and what if Terry just wanted to move on. I wasn't sure how the new stadium played a part. What our agreement is. Obviously the OP's post seems far fetched on the surface, but who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I am of the opinion that the only reason of this "speculation" is Kim's health.  I would like to mention that these guys don't know Terry Pegula

the way Bills fans do.  Terry is an emotional guy.  He would NEVER sell the Bills while Kim was alive.  I would go so far as to say he wouldn't

even if "god forbid" the worse happened.  He would honor her memory.  Terry may not work the day to day, but he would hire someone to do it

if it was too painful for him.  I firmly believe this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I would doubt it.  Would be really weird timing with the new stadium.  Also, Jesse's words in the players tribune certainly sounded like her long term career was going to be management of this franchise.

I like her, based upon what little I know of her. I’d be down for that assuming she has adequate guidance, then gets out of the way as her parents have done. 

This sounds like wild speculation, but I can see how they got to that point. I’m good with at least one more stadium worth of Bills in WNY, then it is probably not going to be an earthly concern for me any more. Let’s break ground! 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m going to submit a bid that he finances the purchase for me.  I’ll never move the team 

I think you are going to need at least a .00000000001% down payment, and a solid credit score. Maybe @HOUSE can help you?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

This sounds like wild speculation, but I can see how they got to that point. I’m good with at least one more stadium worth of Bills in WNY, then it is probably not going to be an earthly concern for me any more. Let’s break ground! 

I'm in agreement with this.  This will be my kids' problem.  But now that the state and county and league are involved, the project starts to gain a momentum of its own, and gets a lot harder to stop.

Related thought - I wonder if the thought crosses the minds of the pundits and prognosticators who put this stuff out in the first place.  "Hey, wanna spin 'em up in Buffalo?  Let's pass along THIS gem."

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I like her, based upon what little I know of her. I’d be down for that assuming she has adequate guidance, then gets out of the way as her parents have done. 

I think you are going to need at least a .00000000001% down payment, and a solid credit score. Maybe @HOUSE can help you?

After I buy a new ashtray

5 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Related thought - I wonder if the thought crosses the minds of the pundits and prognosticators who put this stuff out in the first place.  "Hey, wanna spin 'em up in Buffalo?  Let's pass along THIS gem."

End thread

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.