Pitts RB Israel Abanikanda. Maybe a 3rd rder?

Tipster19

An interesting prospect.  He's got some flaws in his game.  His agility tested pretty low (3 cone and shuttle).  He's also a poor blocker.  On the plus side, he has good straight line speed.  I'd look at him in the third round, but probably wouldn't trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to say this won't happen.

But

after using 2 consecutive 3rd round draft picks plus last year's 2nd round on RBs

while

investing a 4th and a 5th round on WR (and yeah, I know about the Diggs trade - he was a 5th round pick who developed himself)

I'm like WE'RE A PASS FIRST TEAM

Invest in the OL, then just about anyone can run behind them

Invest in the OL, give those late round WR more time to get open and Allen more time to find them

Invest in WR and TE

The Chiefs found a good RB who contributed to their Superbowl win, where?

I will now go smell grass and lilacs and spice bush blossoms and try to calm down

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Here’s my thinking, at one point, beginning of last season, we had a ton of secondary guys and it seemed that in a blink of an eye we were down to a7th rder, FAs and just back up type players. If James Cook goes down then what do we really have, a Patriot cast off (Harris)? A 3rd down RB (Hines) or a STer (Jones)? No, the Bills need another RB, a valid one at that and imo Abanikanda could be that guy, he’s heavier than Cook and he can also catch out of the backfield, so why not him? There’s usually some quality RBs in the 3rd and 4th rds and I think Abanikanda fits the Bills’ criteria.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Here’s my thinking, at one point, beginning of last season, we had a ton of secondary guys and it seemed that in a blink of an eye we were down to a7th rder, FAs and just back up type players. If James Cook goes down then what do we really have, a Patriot cast off (Harris)? A 3rd down RB (Hines) or a STer (Jones)? No, the Bills need another RB, a valid one at that and imo Abanikanda could be that guy, he’s heavier than Cook and he can also catch out of the backfield, so why not him? There’s usually some quality RBs in the 3rd and 4th rds and I think Abanikanda fits the Bills’ criteria.

Wait when did Bills re-sign Taiwan Jones?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Wait when did Bills re-sign Taiwan Jones?

Oops, maybe I misspoke, I pulled up the roster on the Bills’ app and there he was listed. Either way it doesn’t matter with him because he’s just a STer which shows the need all the more. Btw, thanks for your alertness! I must say if anyone ever wants to find out information on the Bills, past or present, all one needs to do is to pull up this message board because it is VERY astute.

He sure looks fast, but he had some gaping holes to exploit in a lot of those highlights. I don't think he gets past the line of scrimmage very often against NFL defenses. I would be more interested to learn more about his teammates on the O-line!

What is with this misguided need to draft another RB in the third when we already have a good batch of them already inked?  On top of that what we really really really need is O-line improvements much much more.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.