USFL, are fans allowed?

Bubba Gump

First off, mods please move this thread to the appropriate area if need be. But is this league allowing fans? There are like 20-30 people at the stadium in New Orleans. This is opening week and I don't know how they last a whole season with no attendance. XFL drew at least some attendance. This is just pathetic. 

Edit: This game, Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans is being played in Birminghan, AL. No wonder no fans. Not to mention, this football sucks. 5 mins was enough for me. QBs are horrible 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Vomit 1

53 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

First off, mods please move this thread to the appropriate area if need be. But is this league allowing fans? There are like 20-30 people at the stadium in New Orleans. This is opening week and I don't know how they last a whole season with no attendance. XFL drew at least some attendance. This is just pathetic. 

Edit: This game, Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans is being played in Birminghan, AL. No wonder no fans. Not to mention, this football sucks. 5 mins was enough for me. QBs are horrible 

XFL quality of play has been better IMO and they've actually had some people in the buildings. Whether or not those people paid actual American currency to be there is debatable, but they were there 

• Haha (+1) 1

There must be some serious money laundering going on that supports these leagues, they all fail, yet they miraculously continue to rise from the ashes like a short lived phoenix…

Edited by Don Otreply

22 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

My cousin plays football at UAB. That's where they are playing in Birmingham.  The players get free tickets.  I can't remember how many though and it still looks like no one is attending 

Probably scared they'll be pressed into service.  Remember Jim Thorpe!

11 minutes ago, akcash said:

Why is TO not playing in these leagues? Hes been self promoting a comeback to the NFL.

1st - it’s not worth it 

2nd he doesn’t need a cheap shot for someone trying to get there name out that

3rd why would they bring him in it’s supposed to be a developmental league 

Again with these leagues, how is this time any different? The level of play is hard to watch and there's no fans. Why do they keep trying to recreate these leagues the same exact way as before and then wonder why they fail? What's different? There needs to be something to lure people in and they haven't found that yet.

33 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

1st - it’s not worth it 

2nd he doesn’t need a cheap shot for someone trying to get there name out that

3rd why would they bring him in it’s supposed to be a developmental league 

I guess I could see the point on  number one but his clock is ticking and it now or never to play professional tackle football. Number 2 I don't agree with. Its football. Number 3... are they all developmental leagues? Like USFL and XFL and not sure if that other league is still around. I would think he could fall under a developmental role since he's trying to get back into the NFL. And for teams and the league- ratings.

Edited by akcash

I enjoy the XFL games.. I enjoy the rule differences but hearing the coordinators is my favorite.. Houston’s offensive coordinator AJ Smith, the guy is phenomenal. Hearing him call a game is a ton of fun and I would recommend watching one of their games just to hear him conduct the offense. Wade Phillips is the head coach. Since they can talk into the headsets right up to the snap and the whole offense hears it, he’s calling everything and still has his next play ready. I hope the XFL sticks around. Some consistency with coaching and the league actually having a follow up season on schedule and they will really start developing talent to the NFL. 

I have not watched the USFL yet and don’t know much about it 

Edited by Rc2catch

Forget the fans in the stands, the TV ratings are historically bad--even compared to previous iterations of these bogus leagues.

8 weeks in, they had a single game with over a million viewers.  Week 7 featured a matchup that boasted the lowest TV ratings ever for a televised pro football game (177,000 viewers).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.