AJ Klein Expected to Sign with Bills

Warriorspikes51

A great signing.  A no-brainer really.

Yeah, AJ isn't Hall of Fame material, but he has substituted in nicely for Edmunds when we was out.  In fact, I'd go so far in saying that he outperformed Edmunds in a number of games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Makes McDonald's Grimace and Hamburgler seem like Cambridge scholars. 🤨

https://kevingeeksout.com/thiskevin/the-duke-of-doubt-and-mascot-nemeses/

the comments seem to give more perspective as well.  Pretty funny and spot on comparison. 

I was around for him but don’t remember.  I was born in 74.

AJ is the backup QB of linebackers. He's a "team player" and a "locker room guy" and apparently that trumps talent and gets you a few extra years in the league. He's the Matt Barkley of the defense

Edited by KDIGGZ

46 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you sure you're in the correct thread?...🤔

I may have lost the correct message board! I’ll try to be more careful in my phrasing, because…………………you guys…..  😋

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

AJ is the backup QB of linebackers. He's a "team player" and a "locker room guy" and apparently that trumps talent and gets you a few extra years in the league. He's the Matt Barkley of the defense

I sense a little sarcasm there (maybe I'm wrong).  The comparison to Matt Barkley is probably unfair - Klein was named defensive player of the week as a backup in 2020, played capably in 4 games in 2021 for both LB positions, and played well against Detroit last season filling in for Edmunds.   Klein also played a lot of ST snaps in the last 5 games and both playoff games.

It's been a bit longer since Barkley contributed on the field to that extent.

But there's an element of truth, too, of course.  Absolutely being a smart and savvy player gets a guy extra seasons.  Micah Hyde calls him "Coach Klein", when a defensive captain who is relied upon by the coaches pays that respect to a peer, it probably means something. 

There's a thread here somewhere about good players who aren't great athletes, and I actually thought of AJ Klein when I read that.  It's like Jim Leonard, guy was never a great athlete by NFL standards but built a career by having a top level understanding of defense and being able to make the right call on what the opponent was gonna do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.