Josh Britt unverified Breakup rumour

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was just busting your chops, I hear ya

I was open for it, fair bust

Though speaking of bust - and I'm 100% NOT "what you see on social media is what a person is", but still - if I had a daughter who just broke up with the famous and wealthy athlete she's been "living the glamorous life" with for 6 years since she graduated college - I would want her to work on building her own independent life right now, not doing stuff that looks like advertising for her next dose of sugar.  Build her Pilates studio, get a job, pursue an advanced degree, spend 6 months on a church mission trip in Guyana, Whatever - just figure out who she is and what she wants to do on her own.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

Our boy's breakup making national news. Hopefully the "why" doesn't. It's just a terrible look for him. 

Why?  If true he knocked some girl up, Brady knocked-up Moynahan and left her (admittedly before he knew she was pregnant).  Again they weren't even engaged, much less married.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Why?  If true he knocked some girl up, Brady knocked-up Moynahan and left her (admittedly before he knew she was pregnant).  Again they weren't even engaged, much less married.

Is this a serious post? First off, for all intents and purposes they were living like a married couple for what, 6+ years? JA is lucky they're not in a state that recognizes "commom law" marriage, or he would surely be on the hook for millions of $$$ (paid to her).

Secondly, I'd say it's a HUGE moral disappointment, IF the rumors of him cheating are true. How do you do that to your long time partner, and at such a young age?  Is loyalty and commitment not a thing anymore? And if he did indeed get some girl pregnant, it's even worse, as that shows a real lack of common sense/intelligence.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Is this a serious post? First off, for all intents and purposes they were living like a married couple for what, 6+ years? JA is lucky they're not in a state that recognizes "commom law" marriage, or he would surely be on the hook for millions of $$$ (paid to her).

Secondly, I'd say it's a HUGE moral disappointment, IF the rumors of him cheating are true. How do you do that to your long time partner, and at such a young age?  Is loyalty and commitment not a thing anymore? And if he did indeed get some girl pregnant, it's even worse, as that shows a real lack of common sense/intelligence.

You should ask Edith to get you a beer. 

• Haha (+1) 3

On 4/15/2023 at 3:07 PM, Airseven said:

Who is Josh Britt?

^^^^

On 4/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, RussellDopeland said:

Did a google search- apparently he's a high school football player in Athens, Georgia. Who he broke up with, and how this relates to the Bills, I haven't a clue! 😆

^^^^

On 4/28/2023 at 4:09 AM, Nextmanup said:

I keep seeing this thread title and think "Who the hell is Josh Britt?"

😂

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't decipher this thread title!  There's a reason punctuation and conjunctions were invented about the time people started writing things down, people!   "Josh Britt" is one person!   "Josh/Britt" or "Josh-Britt"  or "Josh and Britt" or "Josh & Britt" says 2 people related in some way!   :doh:

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Get real.  Most people change over time, and the younger a person is, the more likely he or she will change as he or she matures.  Are you the same person you were at 18 or 22?   I surely am not the same person at 73 that I was at 43, and especially at 23.   I think that they've grown apart.   It happens all the time.  

Josh has become a famous, very wealth sports star because of his talent and hard work.  That says Allen has tremendous ambition and drive.   I don't know anything about her, so I'm not going to diss the young lady, but Brittany's only claim to fame is that she lives with Josh Allen.   She hasn't  developed a career or made a niche for herself -- for example, taking the lead in supporting some cause -- which suggests that she's not particularly ambitious.   This seems to be is a very unequal relationship in temperament and goals, not to mention wealth, and it was probably doomed by Allen's success.  He's never going to go back to the Central Valley and be a cantaloupe farmer. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Josh has become a famous, very wealth sports star because of his talent and hard work.  That says Allen has tremendous ambition and drive.   I don't know anything about her, so I'm not going to diss the young lady, but Brittany's only claim to fame is that she lives with Josh Allen.   She hasn't  developed a career or made a niche for herself -- for example, taking the lead in supporting some cause -

I know for a fact that Brittany is a pilates instructor. this quote from an article in people magazine:. Fashionista and influencer I guess that too.  How many young people are forging a career while involved in a relationship catch flack for not taking lead in a cause.  @-@ I understand she would have a much higher profile than some other person being #17's GF. But still...

If their relationship has run its course so be it. The backhanded slurs and comments about her otherwise I can do without. Just sayin'

Williams is a Pilates instructor and owner of the online workout platform Pilates by Britt. She regularly posts clips of her workouts on her @pilatesby.britt Instagram account, and revealed in a Story that she's been practicing Pilates since she was "around 15."

She's also a budding fashion influencer, and often shares photos of her work with brands like Revolve, Talentless and Alo.

Edited by muppy

50 minutes ago, SoTier said:

^^^^

^^^^

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't decipher this thread title!  There's a reason punctuation and conjunctions were invented about the time people started writing things down, people!   "Josh Britt" is one person!   "Josh/Britt" or "Josh-Britt"  or "Josh and Britt" or "Josh & Britt" says 2 people related in some way!   :doh:

Get real.  Most people change over time, and the younger a person is, the more likely he or she will change as he or she matures.  Are you the same person you were at 18 or 22?   I surely am not the same person at 73 that I was at 43, and especially at 23.   I think that they've grown apart.   It happens all the time.  

Josh has become a famous, very wealth sports star because of his talent and hard work.  That says Allen has tremendous ambition and drive.   I don't know anything about her, so I'm not going to diss the young lady, but Brittany's only claim to fame is that she lives with Josh Allen.   She hasn't  developed a career or made a niche for herself -- for example, taking the lead in supporting some cause -- which suggests that she's not particularly ambitious.   This seems to be is a very unequal relationship in temperament and goals, not to mention wealth, and it was probably doomed by Allen's success.  He's never going to go back to the Central Valley and be a cantaloupe farmer. 

LMAO. He's still in his 20s, right? So just another athlete/actor/entertainer dumping the woman who was with him through the "lean years", and then undoubtedly off to find a new "trophy wife?" Usually, the latter scenario happens later in life, and also calls for a younger, more "affectionate" woman, but that can't be true in this case, can it?

Again, none of the details are really known, so we're all just speculating here, but like I said above, IF the rumors are true, a lot of people are certainly going to lose a lot of respect for him (especially women), whether you believe it or not.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Is this a serious post?

In the (I think) 7 states  + DC that recognize common law marriage, the first criterion for a common-law marriage is INTENT and mutual agreement to enter into a marriage relationship.  Another criteria is public declaration or being "known to the community" as husband and wife.   We purchased property once from a couple who met those criteria.  They wore rings; they referred to each other has husband and wife, they had a child they referred to as "our daughter".    Everyone in the community believed they were married and he was the father of the child, until she passed away and it came out neither was true.

So even in a state in which common law marriage is recognized, the two of them would have to have an intent and mutual agreement to be husband and wife, and to present themselves as such.  Living together and referring to each other as "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" doesn't cut it.

Either way, Josh seems to have had his legal and financial act together stemming back to before the draft, so I'd be pretty surprised if the two of them didn't have a written "palimony" agreement spelling out the finances for how they cohabited and in the event of a breakup.

As far as morality and commitment, that's really between the two of them.   I don't expect sports heroes to be moral exemplars to the rest of us.  Everything that's out there seems REO-Speedwagon-ish (heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...heard it from another, you've been messing around).  I do know people who have cheated in their committed relationships and the relationship has mended and moved on, and others who have cheated and the relationship ended.  So either way it's between them.

7 years is a long time for a committed relationship.  Their breakup could be as simple as she wanted to progress to marriage and have kids, and he didn't.  Or it could be a recognition that they really don't have strong mutual interests any more - Allen is obviously passionate about football and golf, there have been hints in interviews and social media that maybe she isn't very interested in either outside of "support your man".

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LMAO. He's still in his 20s, right? So just another athlete/actor/entertainer dumping the woman who was with him through the "lean years", and then undoubtedly off to find a new "trophy wife?" Usually, the latter scenario happens later in life, and also calls for a younger, more "affectionate" woman, but that can't be true in this case, can it?

Again, none of the details are really known, so we're all just speculating here, but like I said above, IF the rumors are true, a lot of people are certainly going to lose a lot of respect for him (especially women), whether you believe it or not.

What the hell do you actually know about anything in this situation?  You seem to revel in rumors, assumptions, and runaway imagination.

What is undeniable is that Britt and her friends are on some bizarre "husband material" shaming crusade via social media.  Whatever Josh did to precipitate it, does he really want to marry any woman who handles their relationship problems this way?

It's completely juvenile and bizarre IMO.  Unless there's actually some revealing truth to what happened, any rush to judgment should focus on what we can see and know.  And that's one sided to this point.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

"The lean years"?  LOL!  They started dating in 2017, when Josh was considered a potential 1st round pick.  

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

"The lean years"?  LOL!  They started dating in 2017, when Josh was considered a potential 1st round pick.  

LOL indeed. ONE significant injury in 2017 would have meant that his draft capital would have fallen off the charts. So NOTHING was guaranteed at that point. He could have gone back to working on the family farm.

In any case, if rumors are true, SHE may have dumped him for his cheating ways. Maybe we'll find out someday....maybe not.

Just now, Bob Jones said:

LOL indeed. ONE significant injury in 2017 would have meant that his draft capital would have fallen off the charts. So NOTHING was guaranteed at that point. He could have gone back to working on the family farm.

In any case, if rumors are true, SHE may have dumped him for his cheating ways. Maybe we'll find out someday....maybe not.

Would you say Britt or Jordan Palmer was more responsible for shaping Josh into the QB he is today?  Its too close to call, in my opinion.  

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yeah, Josh was sure lucky to avoid injury.  I'm sure Britt would have stayed with him if he did...

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Would you say Britt or Jordan Palmer was more responsible for shaping Josh into the QB he is today?  Its too close to call, in my opinion.  

So, you’re saying Britt cheated on Josh with Jordan Palmer? Wow! What a plot twist that is!

Isn’t that how those things get started? Someone somewhere on the internet got the ball rolling! I’m sticking with this to see if it catches on!

Life happens. I’m sure this wasn’t how things were planned out, but we don’t know what was happening behind the curtain in their relationship. And there is no need for us to know. As I’ve said before, I love to be rich, but hate to be famous. Every little up and down moment gets magnified, almost beyond recognition at times. I wish them both well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.