Players you Absolutely Want the Bills to Draft

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Mazi Smith, Jack Campbell, a good OL, and Rashee Rice

You have to prioritize the items in that menu. Smith or Campbell, for instance. Hard to see how you could get both.

I'd personally prefer trying to solidify oline and add weapons at WR and TE2.

Darnell Wright, Darnell Washington, Rashee Rice would not be a bad plan in my book, though you'd have to trade up from 59 to secure Washington.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:03 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Post a few of your favorite players that you want the Bills to draft

Feel free to add why you want that specific player

Mine:  (I'll start with 1 and add to the list later) 

TE Darnell Washington

The first highlight I saw of this beast, he was hurdling defenders and that reminded me of Josh.  
I think he brings a lot of value immediately to this offense.  He can be used as an extra OT. He can maul defenders.  
His size makes him a matchup nightmare.  6'7 and 265. He's fast for his size and bulldozes through tackles.
He has 11 inch hands and his catch radius is insane. He will help Allen.
Instant Red Zone target. Toss it up. High Points the ball 
I watched interviews of him and in his own words, he views himself as humble. 

Only 21. Untapped potential.  Massive lean muscular frame.

5 Star recruit out of high school as the 10th overall player in the country. Was considered the No.1 athlete in the class.

Because he chose Georgia over some other schools that really needed a TE, he hasn't yet been utilized to dominate games

Sounds a bit like Knox who was a great piece in rd 3. 

Knox had like 30 catches coming into the NFL

Honestly?  Nobody.  There are guys I'm intrigued by.   Adetomiwa Adebowore is fascinating.  Guys who weigh 280+ lbs don't run sub 4.5 40s or have a vertical jump of over 3 feet.  He played edge in college, but he could be a moveable chess piece in the NFL.  He could line up as a 3 tech, or on the edge.  You could even play him at linebacker.  There's probably no chance that Buffalo drafts him, but man is he fascinating. 

Darnell Washington is a guy whom the Bills could draft.  He's got to mature and develop some, but he has the potential to be a Gronk like tight end.  He's big and athletic, somewhat under utilized in college.  He's OK at blocking, but could learn to be much better.  Of course, he made that wild one handed catch at the combine.

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Honestly?  Nobody.  There are guys I'm intrigued by.   Adetomiwa Adebowore is fascinating.  Guys who weigh 280+ lbs don't run sub 4.5 40s or have a vertical jump of over 3 feet.  He played edge in college, but he could be a moveable chess piece in the NFL.  He could line up as a 3 tech, or on the edge.  You could even play him at linebacker.  There's probably no chance that Buffalo drafts him, but man is he fascinating. 

Darnell Washington is a guy whom the Bills could draft.  He's got to mature and develop some, but he has the potential to be a Gronk like tight end.  He's big and athletic, somewhat under utilized in college.  He's OK at blocking, but could learn to be much better.  Of course, he made that wild one handed catch at the combine.

I am an UGA fan. Live near Athens. Washington is already a very good blocker. I don't see Gronk like athleticism as a receiver. He had to make the one-handed catch because he's not a fluid mover. Brock Bowers is the pass catching athletic freak on the Dawgs. Washington is a legit RZ threat, though, and I'd love for the Bills to grab him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

He could become the next Jason Peters.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:56 PM, Pete said:

BIJON

people laughed at me when I was pounding the table for Breese last draft.  Breece would be the best RB on our roster last year and this season.  Bijon is twice the player Breece is IMO and one of top 5 players in this draft IMO.

Opposing D’s worry themselves over Josh.  Josh has damn bear broken Belichick.  Josh and Bijon in same backfield- that’s better than Mahomes and Kelce.

F conventional wisdom rhetoric- don’t over draft RB, don’t pay RB, draft CB, DE, WR yada yada-

we need touchdown makers!  Playmakers!  Players that opposing Ds must game plan against- freeing Josh, freeing Diggs 

I am not opposed to packaging next years number 1 and trading into low teens and drafting Bijon.

we need playmakers!  Who has bigger upside than Bijon?  

McDermott and Beane to a degree are on the hot seat.  They must get over that hump asap and win Buffalo a Super Bowl.  They can’t keep losing in playoffs.  And AFC east is getting scarier.  Don’t die with any bullets.  Win now baby.  Make it happen Beane

I'm kind of with you on this if the Jets would have had Breece in that last game i think the Bills lose & when McCafrey came available i was hoping Beane would be able to make some magic but didn't .

Every one or the "Experts say" that the RB position is not what it once was & that may be so but you put either one of those players on the Bills offense after seeing what they did for their respective teams last year the Bills offense becomes almost unstoppable .

Sure a first round pick for a RB is unheard of for the most part but if you can get a generational talent like Bijon for possibly 5 years along with Josh, Diggs, Knox, Cook, Gabe, Harte, Shakir, OMG the points to be had .

A LB is another piece but lets just say the Bills first 2 picks were Bijon (which i don't see him falling that far) in the first & Campbell in the second then a O linemen or one of the better TE's in the third round i'm ecstatic !! But maybe that's just me .

Edited by T master

On 4/14/2023 at 4:56 PM, Pete said:

BIJON

people laughed at me when I was pounding the table for Breese last draft.  Breece would be the best RB on our roster last year and this season.  Bijon is twice the player Breece is IMO and one of top 5 players in this draft IMO.

Opposing D’s worry themselves over Josh.  Josh has damn bear broken Belichick.  Josh and Bijon in same backfield- that’s better than Mahomes and Kelce.

F conventional wisdom rhetoric- don’t over draft RB, don’t pay RB, draft CB, DE, WR yada yada-

we need touchdown makers!  Playmakers!  Players that opposing Ds must game plan against- freeing Josh, freeing Diggs 

I am not opposed to packaging next years number 1 and trading into low teens and drafting Bijon.

we need playmakers!  Who has bigger upside than Bijon?  

McDermott and Beane to a degree are on the hot seat.  They must get over that hump asap and win Buffalo a Super Bowl.  They can’t keep losing in playoffs.  And AFC east is getting scarier.  Don’t die with any bullets.  Win now baby.  Make it happen Beane

So, you think you were somehow vindicated in your position about Breece Hall? How so?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

So, you think you were somehow vindicated in your position about Breece Hall? How so?

Breece was running away with offensive rookie of the year.  Perhaps he would of been difference maker as a Bill against the Bengals.

Breece will be a handful for Buffalo to deal with this year.  Miami ran all over us with mediocre RBs and OL.

If the Bills draft Offensive Rookie of the Year- this draft would be a huge success IMO

and like I’ve been stating- Bijon is twice the player Breece is.  And a top 5 talent.  So I’m down for a splash move.  Bijon is the player the Bills need the most from this draft imo.  Smith—NJigba is the other player I would consider trading up for.  Buffalo is desperate for a playmaker besides 14

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Breece was running away with offensive rookie of the year.  Perhaps he would of been difference maker as a Bill against the Bengals.

Breece will be a handful for Buffalo to deal with this year.  Miami ran all over us with mediocre RBs and OL.

If the Bills draft Offensive Rookie of the Year- this draft would be a huge success IMO

and like I’ve been stating- Bijon is twice the player Breece is.  And a top 5 talent.  So I’m down for a splash move.  Bijon is the player the Bills need the most from this draft imo.  Smith—NJigba is the other player I would consider trading up for.  Buffalo is desperate for a playmaker besides 14

Who cares? Nobody thought Breece Hall was bad, or that Bijon Robinson won't be good.

I will never want a RB in the first round.

Edited by MJS
  • Vomit 1

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

Who cares? Nobody thought Breece Hall was bad, or that Bijon Robinson won't be good.

I will never want a RB in the first round.

So no OJ, Walter Payton, Billy Simms, Barry Sanders, Saquon, MCCaffery for you.

bills have needed a RB that can pass protect, can catch, and who must be accounted for, we’ve sucked at RB since Thurman mostly

34 made the KGun, not 12.  Without 34, McKeller and company are not an offensive juggernaut 

Edited by Pete
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

bills have needed a RB that can pass protect, can catch, and who must be accounted for, we’ve sucked at RB since Thurman mostly

34 made the KGun, not 12.  Without 34, McKeller and company are not an offensive juggernaut 

The days of the dominant “bell cow” RB are mostly gone.  Titans tried that approach with Derek Henry - they were hard to deal with, but ultimately could not compete with the high octane passing teams.  

Of course, having a great RB would help any offense, but less so if that team has poor run blocking.  I don’t think anyone is arguing that having a top RB would not be awesome.  The argument is more about how much you should spend (draft picks, $) on a RB.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not 1964 anymore.

Matthew Bergeron (OL, Syracuse) would seem to be a really good fit for the Bills.  He tested well and has positional flexibility.  Only problem is that 27 seems too early and he probably won't be available at 59... 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

Trenton Simpson LB, who is the best of this year’s crop IMO. Fast and versatile.

Then I believe Beane will trade back up in the second round and take Sam LaPorta TE. Good all around TE. Gives Josh another weapon. Worthy of the pick in a weak draft. 

Both solid choices. Of the top 3 LBS, Trenton Simpson is the one I like best, though I hope they make a play for offensive help. Lots of folks griping about Addison, but I'd be happy if he fell to 27. I prefer Washington if you are trading up for TE, btw, but LaPorta is one of the top 4 and I'd be good with any of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.