DO NOT DRAFT!

Zerovoltz

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

We need a guy that can make contested catches. I think we need to model our offense like the Bengals, we know Josh likes to throw the ball downfield. We need our Tee Higgins, we have enough small shifty guys.

I'm hoping we get Evans or Hopkins on a trade, or draft Quinten Johnston 

Johnston is taller and talented but he doesn’t play particularly big at this point.   I think Flowers is a better player.  That’s why I say don’t get caught up in measurables; measureables provide facts but leave out the context.

Yes on Evans or Hopkins.   If you want WRs who play big that’s the outcome you want.  

7 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

We need a guy that can make contested catches. I think we need to model our offense like the Bengals, we know Josh likes to throw the ball downfield. We need our Tee Higgins, we have enough small shifty guys.

I'm hoping we get Evans or Hopkins on a trade, or draft Quinten Johnston 

Sherfield will be our Higgins. He's gonna wow.    Shakir too    and a healthy determined Gabe.  I think a Tillman, Reed, Rice  pick after the 1st can offer just as big of a  contribution than a pick at 27 not named JSN. A 1st rd, wide receiver will be battling for no. 3 or 4 kind of snaps?

I want ...for a 1st rd. pick, to be able to start day 1, full time at a position of great need.   A good WR can be had in the 3rd, combined with a good vet and we're set at 7.

I also believe we'll come away with a good TE.

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Whatever happened to Hodge?

What ever happened to Merrill i always liked his analysis . Why isn't he a GM especially after seeing this ?

I would love to have both Skip & Steven A in the same place at the same time & play that clip for them to see their "Expert" reactions to their comments Merrill definitely nailed it nothing but net on both players !! 

Het maybe Beane could call him up fro some advice on a RB . 

• Agree 1

Jack Campbell. Just what we need is another 5 years of not being able to cover tight ends and crossers by putting a non cover guy in space. It’s Poz part II, a tackler who will get eaten alive by the athletes in this division. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Jack Campbell. Just what we need is another 5 years of not being able to cover tight ends and crossers by putting a non cover guy in space. It’s Poz part II, a tackler who will get eaten alive by the athletes in this division. 

Well, we could take a coverage lb, and see what happens when we face the likes of RB's Stevenson, Jacobs, Pollard, Mostert, Hall and Pacheco this season. Sure hope our DL is up for the task.😁

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, we could take a coverage lb, and see what happens when we face the likes of RB's Stevenson, Jacobs, Pollard, Mostert, Hall and Pacheco this season. Sure hope our DL is up for the task.😁

That is still the better play IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

Amen-  and we’ll have to spend a first rd pick in order to watch this unfold

On 4/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Darnell Washington.

6'7" 

largetst hands by about half an inch at 11"

heaviest TE at the combine (264lbs) and yet the 6th fastest 40 time at the position.

longest arms (34.38") by about half an inch

Only reason he might be available at #27 is due to his underutilization in the Georgia offense. 

I want Big "O" because he is an OL pick and a pass catcher. He is a true mismatch, I don't know when to take him but I hope he ends up in a Bills Uni.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are picking OL in the first two rounds either. 

I do, however, think they will pick a receiver. When the Bills have so many guys at a position in for pre-draft meetings they generally draft that position early. Not saying I know who, but I expect one of our first two picks to be receiver and the other to be a defensive player.

Great they waited to the worst year to take a Wr early classic Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I have thought that myself in some moments.

I’m not a big fan of this draft but I see better value at Wr in 2nd or 3rd rd mof other then OT I see great value in most positions outside of Pk #27 . I wish we can trade bk and add a extra 2-4 but that’s not likely to happen this yr. 

43 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’m not a big fan of this draft but I see better value at Wr in 2nd or 3rd rd mof other then OT I see great value in most positions outside of Pk #27 . I wish we can trade bk and add a extra 2-4 but that’s not likely to happen this yr. 

I don't see value in round 2 either. 3, maybe, and sure round 4. But because there are lots of guys who are value in round 4 doesn't mean you stock up on 4th round picks. Because 4th rounders rarely impact football teams. I'd rather trade up for guys I do think can make an impact (isn't a big list) or trade back and take assets next year. 

On 4/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, Big Blitz said:

Whatever happened to Hodge?

Laid off from ESPN in 2017

Hasn't been heard from since

Amazing to me that Skip Bayless has any credibility left but he's still employed!  (Bayless if you might recall is the one who tweeted, "No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome")

On 4/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, nosejob said:

Sherfield will be our Higgins. He's gonna wow.    Shakir too    and a healthy determined Gabe.  I think a Tillman, Reed, Rice  pick after the 1st can offer just as big of a  contribution than a pick at 27 not named JSN. A 1st rd, wide receiver will be battling for no. 3 or 4 kind of snaps?

I want ...for a 1st rd. pick, to be able to start day 1, full time at a position of great need.   A good WR can be had in the 3rd, combined with a good vet and we're set at 7.

I also believe we'll come away with a good TE.

I like your enthusiasm with regard to Sherfield and Shakir.  I like your feelings of certainty on a healthy Gabe, as well.  I'm not sure I share them.  I think Sherfield is what he is - a career journeyman who plays ST and can fill the #5 WR slot as an injury backup.  I want to see the Bills bring in real competition for #2 and #3 with Davis and Shakir.

I have a little different take on the WR class.  We are drafting at pick #27.  Last year, there were 6 WR drafted in the top 18.  But that doesn't affect a team drafting at 27, unless we want to trade all the way up into the top 18!  What really matters is the quality of the WR who might be available when we pick.

So actually, I think the fact that the WR talent is seen as lower, might push a good WR down into the position where we can draft him. 

Since this is the "Do Not Draft" thread, I'll say that I don't understand the Jaxon Smith-Njigba love, and he is a player I would say "Do Not Draft".  I don't like that he missed the entirety of last season with a "hamstring injury" - either that injury is so bad that he might not be the same player, or it was a "career decision" pointed towards the draft.  He's coming out after a missed Jr year, he didn't play a lot of man coverage which means he needs to learn how to release against press man. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see value in round 2 either. 3, maybe, and sure round 4. But because there are lots of guys who are value in round 4 doesn't mean you stock up on 4th round picks. Because 4th rounders rarely impact football teams. I'd rather trade up for guys I do think can make an impact (isn't a big list) or trade back and take assets next year. 

I could be wrong but some of these LBers are not bad starting in the 2nd rd like Simpson, Hensley & Campbell or at Wr with Mims and Mingo in the 3rd as well as a bunch of TEs in the 2/4th rds . 

Not much difference making talent in this draft especially at Wr and Safety positions . I would love loading up on next yrs draft like u referred to but can’t see much movement happening in this draft unless the price is very cheap. Bijan can be a huge difference maker but I can’t see him making it to #27 I see a lot of draft guys calling him the next Ladainian Tomlinson if he’s that type of guy and he makes it to #27 we have to take him . I just don’t see it happening. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I like your enthusiasm with regard to Sherfield and Shakir.  I like your feelings of certainty on a healthy Gabe, as well.  I'm not sure I share them.  I think Sherfield is what he is - a career journeyman who plays ST and can fill the #5 WR slot as an injury backup.  I want to see the Bills bring in real competition for #2 and #3 with Davis and Shakir.

I have a little different take on the WR class.  We are drafting at pick #27.  Last year, there were 6 WR drafted in the top 18.  But that doesn't affect a team drafting at 27, unless we want to trade all the way up into the top 18!  What really matters is the quality of the WR who might be available when we pick.

So actually, I think the fact that the WR talent is seen as lower, might push a good WR down into the position where we can draft him. 

Since this is the "Do Not Draft" thread, I'll say that I don't understand the Jaxon Smith-Njigba love, and he is a player I would say "Do Not Draft".  I don't like that he missed the entirety of last season with a "hamstring injury" - either that injury is so bad that he might not be the same player, or it was a "career decision" pointed towards the draft.  He's coming out after a missed Jr year, he didn't play a lot of man coverage which means he needs to learn how to release against press man. 

I do still think Sherfield is gonna be a huge get. He was no.3 behind Hill and Waddle. He's a process guy whose determined and is gonna give 150%.

He's gonna be talked about a lot.  I also think Shakir will have a very high catch to target ratio on all 3 levels.

As far as rd. 1....Seattle, Detroit and Houston all have 2 picks and then the Pats, Jags, Bolts and Giants before us...JSN, Johnson and Addison will be gone.

Flowers is small ( shortest wingspan of any highly rated WR prospect ever?) from B.C?   He could end up just topping out as Lil Dirty 2. PASS

I think we could have better luck with a later rd. WR...( Tillman , Reed, Mims, Mingo, Rice). If we can land a good TE as well, I'm happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.