DO NOT DRAFT!

Zerovoltz

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Any safety, DT or LB in round 1-  

if it’s a pass rusher - so be it…. I wouldn’t like it but it’s a premium need-  unlike Mike 

that said- we’ll be drafting Mazi Smith-  DT with .5 sacks in 30 games

In terms of edge rushers...Anyone at the Senior Bowl not named Will McDonald.  Well, I'd take a chance on Yaya Diaby in later rounds.  He was at lest winning some 1 on 1 battle.

But this group as a whole was really pretty bad.

Andre Carter from Army...he needs a half decade of work.

Foskey  from Notre Dame..his blend of size and speed didn't help him from getting taken down.

Young from Tenn...I had high hopes due to his speed.  But he was just getting engulfed on his reps.

In terms of the offensive line...

Blake Freeland OT BYU.  People will look at his measurables and be happy we drafted him.  But he was getting beat continuously to inside moves.  It was glaring. 

Nick Saldiveri. OT/G Old Dominion.  Another guy whose measurable might make people happy.  But he was getting driven back nearly every rep.  And not just a step or 2, but 4 or 5.  The Senior Bowl is a great place for a small school guy to shine and...he didn't. Both Cody Mauch and McClendon Curtis had much, much better showings. 

I have my fear that the Bills will wait until the middle rounds, take one of these 2 and people will say how we improved the Oline. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Any player with armed robery, drug arrests,  restraining orders, resisting arrest,  impersonating a police officer, and high speed chases in a stolen car.

Just say no....

Those guys will all still be able to play though.

It's the ones that make bets you need to avoid.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are picking OL in the first two rounds either. 

I do, however, think they will pick a receiver. When the Bills have so many guys at a position in for pre-draft meetings they generally draft that position early. Not saying I know who, but I expect one of our first two picks to be receiver and the other to be a defensive player.

yeah, I was probably being overly pessimistic

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When the Bills have so many guys at a position in for pre-draft meetings they generally draft that position early.

Yep, in fact Cover 1 studied this and found a very high correlation between pre-draft meetings and the positions we draft:

Statistically we should expect WR to be the first pick and not much focus on LB or OL.

I would also just about guarantee we will draft a TE at some point considering we've been connected to so many TE prospects.

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

any player that has 'undersized' or 'high motor' in their profile

If they're going to pick someone that's going to piss us all off (DL, CB, scat back) then they better be an absolute sure fire prospect and not a project

in fact, no projects.  day 1 starters only, at least in first 3 rounds

Beane seems to love projects, especially if they are big.  Examples Tremaine Edmunds, Greg Rousseau, Spencer Long, Josh Allen, Kaiir Elam.  I think if we needed a QB he would target Anthony Richardson.

Very simple for me.

If they Draft a defensive guy at 27, my TV is going to be busted.

weapons and protection for 17. All picks. Let’s win games 41-38. Just score.

Defense is irrelevant now in the league. Hold a team under 30 with a QB like Allen and you are going to win games.

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Spears almost averaged 7 yards a carry and has speed.  He is TD animal and is the reason why Tulane beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

I think USCs defense is the reason that USC any game they played last year.  

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Any player with armed robery, drug arrests,  restraining orders, resisting arrest,  impersonating a police officer, and high speed chases in a stolen car.

Just say no....

Add positive pee test and you are down to about 8 guys....all from Saint John's of Minnesota and the Benedictine Abbey...ohhmmm ohhmmm  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Spears almost averaged 7 yards a carry and has speed.  He is TD animal and is the reason why Tulane beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

That's cool, there are a lot of players who have great college stats/performances that turn into very mediocre Pros... like Donnel Pumphrey for example.

I am not saying that Spears and Pumphrey are the same type player, but great college stats don't necessarily make great pros. With Spears, I just don't see anything exceptional that will translate to the next level.

11 minutes ago, CookieG said:

In terms of edge rushers...Anyone at the Senior Bowl not named Will McDonald.  Well, I'd take a chance on Yaya Diaby in later rounds.  He was at lest winning some 1 on 1 battle.

But this group as a whole was really pretty bad.

Andre Carter from Army...he needs a half decade of work.

Foskey  from Notre Dame..his blend of size and speed didn't help him from getting taken down.

Young from Tenn...I had high hopes due to his speed.  But he was just getting engulfed on his reps.

In terms of the offensive line...

Blake Freeland OT BYU.  People will look at his measurables and be happy we drafted him.  But he was getting beat continuously to inside moves.  It was glaring. 

Nick Saldiveri. OT/G Old Dominion.  Another guy whose measurable might make people happy.  But he was getting driven back nearly every rep.  And not just a step or 2, but 4 or 5.  The Senior Bowl is a great place for a small school guy to shine and...he didn't. Both Cody Mauch and McClendon Curtis had much, much better showings. 

I have my fear that the Bills will wait until the middle rounds, take one of these 2 and people will say how we improved the Oline. 

I was gonna add the BYU OT also... I would stay away from him, unless available with our 6th

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep, in fact Cover 1 studied this and found a very high correlation between pre-draft meetings and the positions we draft:

Statistically we should expect WR to be the first pick and not much focus on LB or OL.

I would also just about guarantee we will draft a TE at some point considering we've been connected to so many TE prospects.

And, how have our DP been lately?😉

Change may be good and time to shake things up a bit. Freak everyone out and go against the grain. 😁

12 minutes ago, McBean said:

Very simple for me.

If they Draft a defensive guy at 27, my TV is going to be busted.

weapons and protection for 17. All picks. Let’s win games 41-38. Just score.

Defense is irrelevant now in the league. Hold a team under 30 with a QB like Allen and you are going to win games.

Defense is not irrelevant.  That’s just stupid.

we scored 10 points vs Cinci-  was their D irrelevant?

the chiefs held the jags and Cinci to 20 points in the playoffs.  

Defense matters-  but having stars at every defensive position isn’t necessary to have a great D.  A great scheme and play calling can make up for some lack of star power.  

I pray we draft O with our first pick along with either our 2nd or 3rd pick. 

but saying defense is irrelevant is just about the most ignorant thing I’ve read in awhile.  And that’s saying a lot for as much as I read this board. 

SB losers scored:

2019- 3

2020- 20

2021- 9

2022- 20

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.