London Updated

corta765

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have no idea where either of those two play…but since beggars can’t be choosers so …I’ll take it! 👍 “Come on, you Stevenagers?”

Leyton Orient are another London club. They've just been promoted to League One. 

The stadium is in the E10 area of London. E10 is also the home of the famous Hackney Marshes which playing fields holds 88 full sized soccer fields used by amateur teams and leagues from all over London. 

Stevenage is a boring commuter town outside London. Don't ever go there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BritBill said:

Leyton Orient are another London club. They've just been promoted to League One. 

The stadium is in the E10 area of London. E10 is also the home of the famous Hackney Marshes which playing fields holds 88 full sized soccer fields used by amateur teams and leagues from all over London. 

Stevenage is a boring commuter town outside London. Don't ever go there. 

Leyton Orient's ground, Brisbane Road, is also famous for having two corners filled in by supposed "luxury" apartments with views over the pitch from the balconies. At one point one of those apartments was rented by someone who basically ran a brothel from there and the home fans would be treated to scantily clad women coming out onto the balcony for a smoke between clients. I believe it has been closed down by law enforcement now.

It's also the closest professional club to my current address. I went a couple of times last season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Leyton Orient's ground, Brisbane Road, is also famous for having two corners filled in by supposed "luxury" apartments with views over the pitch from the balconies. At one point one of those apartments was rented by someone who basically ran a brothel from there and the home fans would be treated to scantily clad women coming out onto the balcony for a smoke between clients. I believe it has been closed down by law enforcement now.

It's also the closest professional club to my current address. I went a couple of times last season. 

No further questions, Your Honour 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

Anybody in the position where they just want to have tickets in hand quickly and don't mind paying very over the odds there are plenty on StubHub 

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

Could well work out that paying an extortionate amount for tickets might offset increased cost of travel if you book that later?

I just want to know how these people got their tickets 

We've just booked a hotel near Euston Station so will be in London for the weekend. We'll be having breakfast in The Rocket pub at Euston on the Sunday morning before heading to the stadium. Anyone on here is welcome to join us if you're in that area at that time. 

https://www.therocketeustonroad.co.uk/ 

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

We've just booked a hotel near Euston Station so will be in London for the weekend. We'll be having breakfast in The Rocket pub at Euston on the Sunday morning before heading to the stadium. Anyone on here is welcome to join us if you're in that area at that time. 

https://www.therocketeustonroad.co.uk/ 

A full English breakfast or one of those cheap hotel ‘continental’ buffets? 😉

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A full English breakfast or one of those cheap hotel ‘continental’ buffets? 😉

Such a tough choice 😃

I had the "Mega" breakfast in The Rocket before a game at Wembley last year and I struggled to walk to the tube station after. It was immense. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:07 AM, BritBill said:

Anybody in the position where they just want to have tickets in hand quickly and don't mind paying very over the odds there are plenty on StubHub 

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

Could well work out that paying an extortionate amount for tickets might offset increased cost of travel if you book that later?

How are these tickets available? Who's are they?

Just now, Max Fischer said:

How are these tickets available? Who's are they?

Some will be from the "Premium" ticket sales last week. Others, I don't know. Especially the seats high in the stands. Possibly London games season ticket holders putting them on before they renew. If that's still a thing that is. 

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Some will be from the "Premium" ticket sales last week. Others, I don't know. Especially the seats high in the stands. Possibly London games season ticket holders putting them on before they renew. If that's still a thing that is. 

Thanks. I would have assumed reselling the premium tickets (I couldn't get two together), but the "regular" tickets I've seen on sale seem a bit sketchy. 

5 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Thanks. I would have assumed reselling the premium tickets (I couldn't get two together), but the "regular" tickets I've seen on sale seem a bit sketchy. 

Yes, the regular tickets being on there already is baffling. Someone will know the reason for sure. 

On 5/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, eball said:

We actually talked about doing just that.  Been to Europe but not Paris.

We just got back from a trip that included my first visit to Paris. I’d highly recommend it, especially where we stayed in the Latin Quarter by Le Bon Marche. I walked over 20k steps the first day just taking in all the little shops, farmers markets and cafes. I love walkable cities, and this was great. 

If I hadn’t just been there, I’d make it a day trip from London if time allowed. Just my two cents. 

BTW - today is the first day I’ve seriously thought about going, where to stay, how to get around, etc. The wife is actually really pushing me to go. I wonder if I will come back and find out she moved?    🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3

This is pricey, but perhaps not a bad deal once the secondary market kicks in. Research indicates that Seat Unique is a legit company with the blessing of Manchester United, the Jaguars and good consumer report reviews.  Still a better deal than the very expensive "packages."

https://www.seatunique.com/sport-tickets/nfl/nfl-london-tickets/e5e6b4b0d3-9ec9f44b-c184-40d9-b8dc-5cadbffcbb0b/a40a6325

I haven't looked here for a few days, and this morning you guys are making me nervous.  

I'm planning a family trip to the game, Scotland, and Ireland.  I don't have plane tickets but I don't expect to have a lot of trouble with that.  Flying through Dublin to London, back home from Dublin.  Planning on arriving Saturday morning, spend the day recovering from the trip, go to the game Sunday, train on Monday to Edinburgh.  We're not planning to do anything in London by way of sightseeing, shopping, whatever.  Some of us have been there, others aren't interested.  Given our travel plans, none of the package deals make sense for us.  

My season ticket representative assures me the Bills will have tickets, but as of ten days ago she didn't know how many they're getting or when they will be available.   I have two season tickets but will need four tickets to the game.   I hope (1) I can get tickets through the Bills and (2) that I can get four.   My plan always has been to go to the ticket services if I need to, and you guys are making me nervous now about what prices will be like.  

I'd love some good advice about hotels and transportation to the game.   I'm assuming we'll take the train/tube/subway (whatever it's called).  I never leave games early, and I assume we'll hang in the stadium for ten or fifteen minutes before making our way to the station.   Does that make sense?   Will there be a long wait at the station, or does the crowd thin out by a half hour after the game?

As for hotels, I have four considerations:  (1)  Easy access to the station for the train to game.  (2)  Reasonable price (for London).  (3)  Bills fan activity within walking distance.  (4)  Close to Kings Cross station for getaway to Edinburgh.   I know (1) and (4) might be mutually exclusive (currently I don't know where anything is - all I know is that everything is about 3000 miles east of where I live). 

I'd appreciate any suggestions from you guys on the ground there.  Thanks.

Edited by Shaw66

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I haven't looked here for a few days, and this morning you guys are making me nervous.  

I'm planning a family trip to the game, Scotland, and Ireland.  I don't have plane tickets but I don't expect to have a lot of trouble with that.  Flying through Dublin to London, back home from Dublin.  Planning on arriving Saturday morning, spend the day recovering from the trip, go to the game Sunday, train on Monday to Edinburgh.  We're not planning to do anything in London by way of sightseeing, shopping, whatever.  Some of us have been there, others aren't interested.  Given our travel plans, none of the package deals make sense for us.  

My season ticket representative assures me the Bills will have tickets, but as of ten days ago she didn't know how many they're getting or when they will be available.   I have two season tickets but will need four tickets to the game.   I hope (1) I can get tickets through the Bills and (2) that I can get four.   My plan always has been to go to the ticket services if I need to, and you guys are making me nervous now about what prices will be like.  

I'd love some good advice about hotels and transportation to the game.   I'm assuming we'll take the train/tube/subway (whatever it's called).  I never leave games early, and I assume we'll hang in the stadium for ten or fifteen minutes before making our way to the station.   Does that make sense?   Will there be a long wait at the station, or does the crowd thin out by a half hour after the game?

As for hotels, I have four considerations:  (1)  Easy access to the station for the train to game.  (2)  Reasonable price (for London).  (3)  Bills fan activity within walking distance.  (4)  Close to Kings Cross station for getaway to Edinburgh.   I know (1) and (4) might be mutually exclusive (currently I don't know where anything is - all I know is that everything is about 3000 miles east of where I live). 

Shaw, the Tube system is so efficient that it makes little difference where you stay around Central London. Trains come every three minutes to each station…guaranteed. My only suggestion would be to pick a hotel somewhat close to a station for ease of ALL your weekend commuting. You can get everywhere in Central London within minutes. As far as leaving the game, the Wembley experience was utterly amazing. They emptied that entire 80,000 seat stadium in a matter of minutes after the game. Incredible! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Shaw, the Tube system is so efficient that it makes little difference where you stay around Central London. Trains come every three minutes to each station…guaranteed. My only suggestion would be to pick a hotel somewhat close to a station for ease of ALL your weekend commuting. You can get everywhere in Central London within minutes. As far as leaving the game, the Wembley experience was utterly amazing. They emptied that entire 80,000 seat stadium in a matter of minutes after the game. Incredible! 

Thanks, Deek.   That's useful information.  

We'll be in King's Cross, because that's where the train to Edinburgh leaves from.  And Google Maps actually gave me good information about the Tube to the stadium  Presumably Tottenham will be similarly efficient as Wembley.   Now, I'll need to track down a hotel.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Shaw, I'll start with tickets. The dates for the general ticket sale haven't been announced yet. All we know is it'll be in June. I suspect when that is announced wo will details of ticket sales to Bills season ticket holders.

As Creek states, getting around London is so easy and getting to Tottenham stadium is no exception. We've used two options in the past. 1, the Underground (Tube) from Kings Cross to Seven Sisters. Take the Victoria Line for 8 minutes. Then it's a 20 minute straight walk to Tottenham Stadium. 2, The London Overground from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane. Many Underground lines (head east) serve Kings Cross to Liverpool Street (8 minutes). Once at Liverpool St, head to the main train concourse and get the London Overground to White Hart Lane. This takes 20 minutes but White Hart Lane station is right next to Tottenham Stadium.

There are many apps you can use to plan your way around London. "Tube Map" is the one I use. 

You can also use both routes in reverse to return back to central London.

This link has info on all you need to know about the stadium - https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur-stadium.html

Hotels. It depends what you want from hotel. When in London all we ever need is somewhere safe to store our bags and somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep. Only ever use the room to sleep. We also use Kings Cross to get into and return from London as all trains heading north east go to and return from there. We've booked a Premier Inn (https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/home.html) at Euston which is a 10 minute walk to King Cross. There are also Travelodge hotels (https://www.travelodge.co.uk/) which provide a simple but effective stay. 

If you're wanting a bit more from a hotel then Trip Adviser will be your friend. 

I hope I've been of some help.

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.