London Updated

corta765

Just now, BritBill said:

Yes, I suspect you're right considering the Jags following the NFL has drummed up over here over the years. I'm a bit surprised Bills season ticket holders don't get first dibs at the tickets. 

And…Jacksonville no longer sucks. So they actually have some home fans who’ll want to travel, just like Bills fans. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And…Jacksonville no longer sucks. So they actually have some home fans who’ll want to travel, just like Bills fans. 

And they can make a 10 days/fortnight of it too this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

Not like Wembley

It's better. Been to both. As a Spurs fan we spent over a year at Wembley before moving to our new stadium, and our new one is the better stadium, especially as it was purpose built to house both soccer and football, unlike Wembley.

Edited by Simstim

2 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Game is not at Wembley which sucks

I've been to NFL and soccer matches at both Wembley and Spurs and I can promise you that the Spurs stadium is a far better matchday experience. You are much closer to the action, which makes for a great atmosphere, and Wembley can be a drag to get into and out of. The only downside of the Spurs stadium is the smaller capacity. 

Edited by Roadrunner

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I've been to NFL and soccer matches at both Wembley and Spurs and I can promise you that the Spurs stadium is a far better matchday experience. You are much closer to the action, which makes for a great atmosphere, and Wembley can be a drag to get into and out of. The only downside of the Spurs stadium is the smaller capacity. 

I was going to ask about the train situation leaving Tottenham. We were utterly amazed at how fast they got everyone out of Wembley. Is Tottenham similar? Do they stack up the trains, ready to go? 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was going to ask about the train situation leaving Tottenham. We were utterly amazed at how fast they got everyone out of Wembley. Is Tottenham similar? Do they stack up the trains, ready to go? 

I always prefer to walk the 25 minutes back to Seven Sisters tube station, but there are a couple of closer rail stations if you don't mind taking your chances with the queues. 

This link will tell you all you need to know about the Tottenham Hotspur stadium

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur-stadium.html

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I've been to both. Wembley is the #1 stadium in the world. Please it's not even close

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

I've been to both. Wembley is the #1 stadium in the world. Please it's not even close

It's an impressive stadium, but only because of it's sheer size and the history associated with it (even though its a rebuild). The upper tier seats are miles away from the action and the atmosphere often leaves a lot to be desired as the noise can get lost in the vastness. I go to every England international soccer match played there, maybe I'm just bored of it after 50+ visits!? 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Simstim said:

It's better. Been to both. As a Spurs fan we spent over a year at Wembley before moving to our new stadium, and our new one is the better stadium, especially as it was purpose built to house both soccer and football, unlike Wembley.

I hate to agree but I do. The new Wembley is shite anyway. I know the old Wembley was crumbling, had no facilities and the stands were miles from the pitch but it had soul. The new Wembley is just a glass monstrosity in a ***** part of north west London with no transport links. At the time I was dead against the national stadium in the midlands idea but on reflection I think that would have been the right call. 

The Spurs stadium is every inch a modern sporting stadium. Shame about the team.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hate to agree but I do. The new Wembley is shite anyway. I know the old Wembley was crumbling, had no facilities and the stands were miles from the pitch but it had soul. The new Wembley is just a glass monstrosity in a ***** part of north west London with no transport links. At the time I was dead against the national stadium in the midlands idea but on reflection I think that would have been the right call. 

The Spurs stadium is every inch a modern sporting stadium. Shame about the team.

Gunner...in the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, they show computer generated aerial images of what's supposed to be the old Wembley Stadium from back during the Live Aid concert days. Are those images anywhere near accurate?

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gunner...in the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, they show computer generated aerial images of what's supposed to be the old Wembley Stadium from back during the Live Aid concert days. Are those images anywhere near accurate?

Not seen the film.

Also sucks the Jags are playing back to back weeks in London and will be there waiting for the Bills. NFL seemingly trying to hand the Bills an L or tell them they are good enough to win anyway so it won't be a big deal.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

On 5/3/2023 at 2:42 PM, GunnerBill said:

I think St James's is my favourite stadium in England since they ruined Anfield. Brilliant atmosphere and being in Newcastle city centre on a Saturday night after they have won is like a non stop party.

But their recent improvement is not exactly a little guy done good tale so much as it is is a nation state buys a football club tale.

Ownership aside, that intro is all Geordie and always will be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.