London Updated

corta765

30 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Since the Bills are the home team will they have EJ Manuel on hand to lead the charge to commemorate his epic game against the Jags in London years back .

General NFL fans know Nickell Robey-Coleman for being the offender in the worst PI non-call in NFL history. I wonder how many of them know he was part of an equally dumb call on the opposite end of the spectrum? Oh well, probably for the best. That loss cemented EJ as a backup or worse and helped bring the Rex Ryan era to an end.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:08 PM, Mark Vader said:

I still have nightmares of the referees calling a defensive pass interference against the Bills when there was clearly no contact at all.

the horrendous PI call was on nickell roby Coleman who would later be the center of the most famous pi non-call in NFL history (rams saints nfc championship). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

the horrendous PI call was on nickell roby Coleman who would later be the center of the most famous pi non-call in NFL history (rams saints nfc championship). 

Yeah, that is still what I most remember.  Buffalo was actually recovering from that 💩-show EJ performed earlier.

Wait!  The Chiefs refused to play overseas this season?  So, just like that they get an advantage over us?  It's just that easy to say "Nah."?

This actually has my blood boiling right now.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

All the airports have great transport links into central London. Especially Heathrow. 

The area which the stadium is in itself probably isn't the best for staying in. You'll be fine anywhere more central. You can get a London Overground train from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane station (very close to  Spurs stadium) and back. So if you're wanting an easy journey from the stadium to your hotel after the game then hotels around Liverpool St would suit. 

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree with Brit Bill. I wouldn’t stay near the stadium. You’ll regret it.  All of the week’s activities are in central London. The game will be in the late afternoon and the stadium is in a primarily residential neighborhood. Just take the overground train to Tottenham….it’s easy and cheap. 

Thanks guys.

I just bought airline tickets :)

And I also found out that a friend of mine lives 15mins walk from the Stadium and he probably can sleep me on his sofa lol.

For anyone going, looks like you have to register before buying tickets: https://shp.csharmony.epsilon.com/pages/NFL_US/2023_London_ROI/?ck=

Although it does say "Registering for tickets is the only way you can access the first day of general admission sales for the 2023 London Games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium." So maybe you don't need to register if buying tickets not on the first day?

38 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thanks guys.

I just bought airline tickets :)

And I also found out that a friend of mine lives 15mins walk from the Stadium and he probably can sleep me on his sofa lol.

What airline did you go with? From Buffalo?

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yeah, that is still what I most remember.  Buffalo was actually recovering from that 💩-show EJ performed earlier.

Wait!  The Chiefs refused to play overseas this season?  So, just like that they get an advantage over us?  It's just that easy to say "Nah."?

This actually has my blood boiling right now.

From what I'm looking at the Chiefs "host" the Dolphins in Germany.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Booked hotel yesterday.  Will work on flights once we decide what we want to do on the back end of the trip.

As I’ve mentioned, if you’ve never been to Europe, I highly recommend just hopping on the train and go to Paris for a couple of days. You definitely won’t regret it. Then take the Eurostar back to London and leave back out of Heathrow. The round trip air fair is easier. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I’ve mentioned, if you’ve never been to Europe, I highly recommend just hopping on the train and go to Paris for a couple of days. You definitely won’t regret it. Then take the Eurostar back to London and leave back out of Heathrow. The round trip air fair is easier. 

We actually talked about doing just that.  Been to Europe but not Paris.

• Like (+1) 1

Mrs. Faderphreak, just confirmed that we have our tickets and that she took the liberty of upgrading to sideline tickets. 

Please keep all of the tips coming!  Neither of us has ever been to London, so this is as much about experiencing a new place as it is about the game.  

On 5/10/2023 at 8:54 AM, BritBill said:

Now the date is confirmed, if anyone needs any help with anything about this side of the pond please feel free to ask 👍

Was actually thinking about starting a separate post so we can have info in one spot. Not if warrented though

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.