London Updated

corta765

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills social media team selling me on an overseas game

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Assuming that SC stands for South Carolina and not Southern California, why do you care this much? The Bills play at almost every possible hour and on almost every day of the week but Wednesday and Thursday now. If you’re that much of a creature of habit you’re gonna miss half the season. 😉

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Assuming that SC stands for South Carolina and not Southern California, why do you care this much? The Bills play at almost every possible hour and on almost every day of the week but Wednesday and Thursday now. If you’re that much of a creature of habit you’re gonna miss half the season. 😉

South Carolina. 

Spend half my week in SC, half in Atlanta. 

I don’t care “so” much.  I’m just being a prick about it. 

Do I like it .. nah, but I also think the Saturday games we keep playing late in the season are gross as well. 

Sunday afternoon/night & MNF is just my preference.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

South Carolina. 

Spend half my week in SC, half in Atlanta. 

I don’t care “so” much.  I’m just being a prick about it. 

Do I like it .. nah, but I also think the Saturday games we keep playing late in the season are gross as well. 

Sunday afternoon/night & MNF is just my preference.  

Thanks for clarifying. It’s always good to know when you’re just being a “prick” about something. At least that’s what my wife tells me. 😉

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We have been screwed with that scheduling. We get a home game against a visitor who has been in town for 10 days by that point and completely acclimatised. If Jax was going to do back to back games they should have been at home second. 

Coming from Manhattan, it takes me no more than  an hour to get acclimatized to London!

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I hope you’re right but the vast majority of the teams do.

What makes you think the bills will be more of an outlier out of curiosity?

Teams didn’t have the choice until last season. 5 of the 6 teams declined.

They would be the norm, not an outlier. I just think that they don’t want week 6.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Anyone ever fly Norse Atlantic UK?

Pretty inexpensive flights from BOS to Gatwick but never heard of them...

Teaser-10-2048x781.jpg

We’ve always gone Virgin Atlantic from LAX to Heathrow. Gotta love the open bar and those purple polyester steward outfits! 😁

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

That only happens when we're drunk 🙂

:)

On a more serious note, I am definitely coming. Any tip for a hotel close to stadium which has also good connection to airports? But I guess it's too early to ask, I need to check airline tickets first since there are quite a lot airports in London.

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

On a more serious note, I am definitely coming. Any tip for a hotel close to stadium which has also good connection to airports? But I guess it's too early to ask, I need to check airline tickets first since there are quite a lot airports in London.

All the airports have great transport links into central London. Especially Heathrow. 

The area which the stadium is in itself probably isn't the best for staying in. You'll be fine anywhere more central. You can get a London Overground train from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane station (very close to  Spurs stadium) and back. So if you're wanting an easy journey from the stadium to your hotel after the game then hotels around Liverpool St would suit. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I agree with Brit Bill. I wouldn’t stay near the stadium. You’ll regret it.  All of the week’s activities are in central London. The game will be in the late afternoon and the stadium is in a primarily residential neighborhood. Just take the overground train to Tottenham….it’s easy and cheap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree with Brit Bill. I wouldn’t stay near the stadium. You’ll regret it.  All of the week’s activities are in central London. The game will be in the late afternoon and the stadium is in a primarily residential neighborhood. Just take the overground train to Tottenham….it’s easy and cheap. 

2:30pm kick off has been confirmed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yea, you don't want to stay in Tottenham. Stay closer to Regents Street. I don't know if it will be like this this year, but this is what it was like when the Bills last played there in 2015. It was a BLAST. 

Literally, ONE BUFFALO everywhere from the second you land at Heathrow.

Bills-London-takeover-10-24-15.jpg

Ohio-State-marching-band-perform-along-R

Ohio-State-marching-band-perform-along-R

A-giant-NFL-logo-stands.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

There goes Josh being too commercialized again.

The biggest surprise watching this clip was that Harry Kane did not take a dive.

My fellow Gooners will understand the comment above.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.