London Updated

corta765

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Not necessarily. The teams have the option to have one after an International game.  

I know. But I’m assuming they will take it.

GB didn’t last year and it didn’t work well for them. (Of course they had other issues as well)

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I know. But I’m assuming they will take it.

GB didn’t last year and it didn’t work well for them. (Of course they had other issues as well)

Only one team took it last year. I suspect that the Bills do not take their bye the week after.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Only one team took it last year. I suspect that the Bills do not take their bye the week after.

I hope you’re right but the vast majority of the teams do.

What makes you think the bills will be more of an outlier out of curiosity?

So the Jags get two games in a row in London, and the second is against Buffalo? That mean they will stay there and be more adjusted to the jetlag than we will be?

• Like (+1) 1

No idea why anyone finds these international games exciting.

I guess if you base travel around Bills games, it’s something. 

Jags/Bills, at 9:30 am ET, on the second half of a back to back for Jax, is the most uninspiring part of our schedule (imo). 

Just all around meh. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't think that it is meant to be exciting for Bills fans or even US fans in general.

But trust me it is very exciting for European fans, me including. Much easier/cheaper to see your team live.

I fully understand why you don't like it. Apparently NFL thinks it's good for business (I have no idea if they are right).

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jags/Bills, at 9:30 am ET, on the second half of a back to back for Jax, is the most uninspiring part of our schedule (imo). 

Just all around meh. 

If it's going to be once every 8 years I don't mind it for a change of Pace kinda thing but would hate it if it was a regular thing.  Last time we played in London my family got together and we did a big breakfast spread and drank screwdrivers all morning, it was a good time.  

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't think that it is meant to be exciting for Bills fans or even US fans in general.

But trust me it is very exciting for European fans, me including. Much easier/cheaper to see your team live.

I fully understand why you don't like it. Apparently NFL thinks it's good for business (I have no idea if they are right).

Oh, for sure.  I get it from the NFL’s and for overseas fans.

I’m more speaking to all our social media teams and team reporters trying to hype it up. 

Most fans, stateside, just see it as a throw away.  For me, the only week less exciting on the schedule is our bye week.  

And I especially don’t love playing a team who has already been over there for a week.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We have been screwed with that scheduling. We get a home game against a visitor who has been in town for 10 days by that point and completely acclimatised. If Jax was going to do back to back games they should have been at home second. 

Will the adversity never end?!?!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just all around meh. 

I don’t like it personally, but I definitely understand it.

If you had a business and you can expand/make more money, wouldn’t you do it?

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh, for sure.  I get it from the NFL’s and for overseas fans.

I’m more speaking to all our social media teams and team reporters trying to hype it up. 

Most fans, stateside, just see it as a throw away.  For me, the only week less exciting on the schedule is our bye week.  

And I especially don’t love playing a team who has already been over there for a week.  

Isn't that their job? Lol

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.