London Updated

corta765

12 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Cheers... Booked a place about 2 or 3 miles from the stadium, the Royal Oak I think... Not 5 star but reasonably priced, was just worried with the leaks around the date that accomodation would be snapped up quickly.

My nextdoor neighbour is a Raiders fan, so now he's on board too 😄

Excellent! My mate and his son who we go to games with are Cowboys fans and were hoping it'd be them we play. 

I can't wait until October now. Last season drained me a little and a small part of me was relieved it was over. Having the Bills in London was a timely boost. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2023 at 11:13 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Saratoga

If you’ve never been, I highly recommend staying an extra couple of days and taking the bullet train to Paris and back. It’s CHEAP, and the two hour ride is incredibly relaxing. The Eurostar leaves from London about every hour. If you’re traveling with a significant other you are going to score points that’ll last you a lifetime once she steps foot onto the streets of Paris. 

We leave Saturday for 5 days in Paris before heading to Italy. The lady cutting my hair yesterday told me the Eurostar to London (where I have never been) was just over 2 hours which I found very intriguing. For better or worse, we have stuff planned for Paris that doesn’t leave me a free day to see London. 

I mentioned this to the wife, and she had a simple solution: just go back in October when the Bills are there. That works for me! 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

We leave Saturday for 5 days in Paris before heading to Italy. The lady cutting my hair yesterday told me the Eurostar to London (where I have never been) was just over 2 hours which I found very intriguing. For better or worse, we have stuff planned for Paris that doesn’t leave me a free day to see London. 

I mentioned this to the wife, and she had a simple solution: just go back in October when the Bills are there. That works for me! 

Sweet! Next time. 
I’m sure the price has gone up, but right before the pandemic we were paying something like $99 for each round trip ticket on the Eurostar. Round trip! Unbelievable. 

I am planning on going. I went last time.

As a longtime Arsenal fan, I hope I can combine my two favorite professional "football" teams over the weekend as I did last time.

Go Bills!!!

COYG!!!

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sweet! Next time. 
I’m sure the price has gone up, but right before the pandemic we were paying something like $99 for each round trip ticket on the Eurostar. Round trip! Unbelievable. 

It looks like it’s $120-$370 now depending on which of the 3 classes you take. It’s not something you do every day, so the cost wouldn’t cause me to blink for a second. If I make it to London for the Bills game I may build in a day to get back to Paris to experience the ride as much as anything. The wife gets motion sickness just thinking about boats or trains, so if I’m over there alone it would be a perfect time to give it a shot. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

It looks like it’s $120-$370 now depending on which of the 3 classes you take. It’s not something you do every day, so the cost wouldn’t cause me to blink for a second. If I make it to London for the Bills game I may build in a day to get back to Paris to experience the ride as much as anything. The wife gets motion sickness just thinking about boats or trains, so if I’m over there alone it would be a perfect time to give it a shot. 

We sit in regular coach. It’s super nice. Nothing at all like being packed into an airplane. And smooth as silk. It’s hilarious….when you get to the middle of the channel the first translation of the public address announcements change from English to French depending on which side of the dividing line you’re on. (It’s completely dark outside when you’re in the actual Chunnel.)

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Elite Bills fans enjoy! While... We lose a home game.  😕 

I mean this is our 9 home game season so we are still technically get 8 (buffalo) home and 8 away games.

Could be the Jags and have to play only 7 games in the US.  Though I feel like London over Jacksonville is probably an easier pill to swallow.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Elite Bills fans enjoy! While... We lose a home game.  😕 

Just as does every other team every five years or so. I can tell you from having gone the last time we played there….it’s an absolute blast! Going on the assumption that you personally can’t afford attending the Super Bowl, might I suggest that the London experience is about as close as you’re going to get to the general atmosphere but for WAY WAY less money. 

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I did London to Paris by train a few years ago it worked out cheaper to get the Eurostar from London to Lille then another train to Paris. Added about an hour to the journey but I got to see a bit of Lille as well. The train station in Lille is very central to the centre. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I mean this is our 9 home game season so we are still technically get 8 (buffalo) home and 8 away games.

Could be the Jags and have to play only 7 games in the US.  Though I feel like London over Jacksonville is probably an easier pill to swallow.

Gonna be a hoot with new stadium and PSLs... That will be a harder pill.

Simply not a fan of this. 

At least doing during the cruddy weather part of the season. Like mid-November on.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

So another early bye ?.. 

As I’m assuming bills will take their bye the week after

Not necessarily. The teams have the option to have one after an International game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.