London Updated

corta765

49 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Based on todays tweet expect the Bills to play in October and it is very possible it is against the Jags. 

This cannot be true.  Jags are scheduled to play at Wembley (instead of one of their home games) and the Bills are scheduled to play at Tottenham (instead of one of our home games).  Unless the Jags are playing 2 games in London, they cannot be our opponent.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember, it was in England.  Hughes needed one of those 'high drama' reactions to the hold in order to be recognized by the obviously EU influenced refs. 😁

The bad news then is that Brexit has made everything worse. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

This cannot be true.  Jags are scheduled to play at Wembley (instead of one of their home games) and the Bills are scheduled to play at Tottenham (instead of one of our home games).  Unless the Jags are playing 2 games in London, they cannot be our opponent.

The idea of the Jags playing multiple games in London in a year has been mooted before. It wouldn't shock me. And it wouldn't shock me if the NFL ballses this up by having a "road team" who have been in the country two weeks play a "home team" who have been there for 48 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Being a Jags fan must really suck.

Luckily their existence is only theoretical and has never actually been proven in real life

And I lived in Jacksonville ~ 10 years ago.  They were easily the 10th most popular team in town, behind Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Auburn, and probably 5 more pro teams

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

We host the Jags this year so they have to come to us. It has been rumored Jags would play their home game and then be "at" the Bills the following week or vise versa. They have not done that yet but this year may change that.

Just now, mushypeaches said:

Luckily their existence is only theoretical and has never actually been proven in real life

And I lived in Jacksonville ~ 10 years ago.  They were easily the 10th most popular team in town, behind Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Auburn, and probably 5 more pro teams

To think, the fans really wanted Tim Tebow to be their franchise QB.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still have nightmares of the massive uncalled hold on Jerry Hughes on the Jags' game winning touchdown. He only strangled him with one arm in fairness and the NFL was desperate to sell the Jags as relevant. So no flag. Obvs. 

Not the ridiculous PI on Roby-Coleman that kept the Jags alive?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

We host the Jags this year so they have to come to us. It has been rumored Jags would play their home game and then be "at" the Bills the following week or vise versa. They have not done that yet but this year may change that.

I think the NFL would rather expose the UK fans to one more team rather than punish them with another Jags game.

It's like "First prize, a weekend in Rochester. Second prize, an entire week in Rochester."

JUST KIDDING, I'm from Rochester too although I moved overseas 33 years ago.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

To think, the fans really wanted Tim Tebow to be their franchise QB.

The Bills didn't exactly cover themselves with glory in that draft by picking CJ Spiller when we already had Lynch and Jackson

But at least we didn't pick the gadget QB that everyone KNEW would suck in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.