JSN Top 30 Visit with Bills

Warriorspikes51

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s so funny to me that some people can’t take off their fan glasses and look at things for the way they are. I’d take juju or hardman over davis. I’d take skyy moore over anyone we had in the slot and toney was a good find as well. Come on with this “we had more” nonsense. 

He’s moving the goalposts on the conversation too.  I started talking about them being unhappy about their supporting cast.  OL and WR.   Watch the offense-  any success was a product of Allen and Diggs.  If they aren’t unhappy with the their OL and playmakers-  they aren’t the type of competitors we’re looking for.  That said-  they are the type of competitors we need.  Josh is never going to make his unhappiness public.  He’s a class act and our leader.  He knows to handle his business in house.  

if you think he’s happy with his OL and his playmakers I have a bridge to sell you @dje85

Edited by NewEra

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think anything is clear except that we are in the market for a WR.  Who’s knows which WRs will be selected when.  Now everyone saying flowers might be top 20.  The worthy WRs may all be drafted way before our pick, just like last year and a trade up could be too expensive.  

we hope it’s a WR….but it’s may not be in beanes control unless he wants to give up next years first 

Again FWIW Greg Cosell, who watches a ton of film and seen a few drafts, and who knows enough to stay away from putting out Mock Drafts in public, thinks that at least 2 WR with talent sets that would match what the Bills need will be available at 27.

Whether the Bills see them the same way is another question.

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Juju is average the guys we were bringing off the street are as good or better than him. If they werent older vets they would be getting those contracts as well. All Juju has for him is age. Gabe Davis on the open market would of gotten the top contract this year similar to the crazy bucks wrs were getting last year. 

But, I'm done arguing you won't agree with me and I'm sure as heck not agreeing with you as I'm certain I am correct. 

Beasley, Brown and Crowder are equal to juju.  Ok.  You are clueless and I can’t waste my time with this anymore.  Enjoy being in the dark

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Again FWIW Greg Cosell, who watches a ton of film and seen a few drafts, and who knows enough to stay away from putting out Mock Drafts in public, thinks that at least 2 WR with talent sets that would match what the Bills need will be available at 27.

Did he give a few names as to which WR's he likes for a fit here?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Haven’t watched cosell in a couple weeks.   I think the top 4 will be off the board, but I hope he’s right.  I think it’ll be Mazi Smith

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s moving the goalposts on the conversation too.  I started talking about them being unhappy about their supporting cast.  OL and WR.   Watch the offense-  any success was a product of Allen and Diggs.  If they aren’t unhappy with the their OL and playmakers-  they aren’t the type of competitors we’re looking for.  That said-  they are the type of competitors we need.  Josh is never going to make his unhappiness public.  He’s a class act and our leader.  He knows to handle his business in house.  

if you think he’s happy with his OL and his playmakers I have a bridge to sell you @dje85

I totally agree. Rankings don’t do much for me. Anyone with a warm brain can watch the games and realize why we are successful on offense. We have one of the most unique qbs in league history and an elite receiver. The rest is so meh it’s not even funny. Davis struggles with the dropsies, McKenzie was blah, our line is insanely awful. Our qb was the leading rusher most weeks and was constantly running for his life. It’s no wonder Diggs is upset. No one took pressure off him and it’s a miracle he had the numbers he did. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He’s also someone that has been vocal about the bills needing to add another playmaker for Allen. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Any fan of the Bills should be vocal about this. Ideally it would be 2 legit playmakers added

I agree, but there are still some old guys that think a LB is gonna be the missing piece to get us to the sb. This isn’t the 80s and 90s…

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Fair point that top vet MLBs don't earn as much as top vet WR.  For example, the top 12 WR contracts are all over $20k in AAV; the top 8 "Edge" contracts are over $20k; only the top 5 MLB are over $15k.

I'm not quite sure how that folds into the prediction that "Campbell will be a bill for 4-5 years then walk".  Depending upon the team's overall makeup and depth at different positions, it could be equally true that a 1st round pick who makes good at edge or WR would be a Bill for 4-5 years then be traded or tagged and traded, or let walk if they don't live up to expectations?

Because paying a Mike big bucks isn’t in many GMs plans.  Obviously, I don’t know this to be fact, just my opinion.  See every other Mike we’ve had over the last 20 years.  Have we signed one to a 2nd contract?  

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s so funny to me that some people can’t take off their fan glasses and look at things for the way they are. I’d take juju or hardman over davis. I’d take skyy moore over anyone we had in the slot and toney was a good find as well. Come on with this “we had more” nonsense. 

I think you just are over critical on our group as you watch them all the time and can pick them apart easier.  I wouldn;t take JuJu or Hardman over a healthy Gabe Davis. Davis played hurt last season. Even hurt he still played at a similar level. Sky Moore isn't good at all. You liked him last draft I am assuming and kept that crush.. 

We had a very solid roster last season our oc just got locked into poor schemes because Allen got hurt early with the elbow issue and they didn;t want to stress it with many short throws. Hence why our game plan was all deep balls and play action runs. 

I will agree they probably had better rbs I forgot about Pacheco. But wrs? Nope and my argument was we minus diggs they minus kelce they have way less weapons which I still believe. The Cjiefs are just better at scheming their players open and when not Mahomes does mroe with less to make crazy things happen.

I'm done arguing though I don;t agree with your bad take and you can disagree with what you feel is my bad take. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Haven’t watched cosell in a couple weeks.   I think the top 4 will be off the board, but I hope he’s right.  I think it’ll be Mazi Smith

I hope not…I’m afraid of what might be left at 59 if we don’t get a WR in 1…

21 hours ago, whorlnut said:

If the bills are interested in a top WR, they are doing a very poor job of hiding it. 

Since I assume they host other players and positions as well, what is the point?  How are they supposed to "hide interest" in different positions?

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

I think you just are over critical on our group as you watch them all the time and can pick them apart easier.  I wouldn;t take JuJu or Hardman over a healthy Gabe Davis. Davis played hurt last season. Even hurt he still played at a similar level. Sky Moore isn't good at all. You liked him last draft I am assuming and kept that crush.. 

We had a very solid roster last season our oc just got locked into poor schemes because Allen got hurt early with the elbow issue and they didn;t want to stress it with many short throws. Hence why our game plan was all deep balls and play action runs. 

I will agree they probably had better rbs I forgot about Pacheco. But wrs? Nope and my argument was we minus diggs they minus kelce they have way less weapons which I still believe. The Cjiefs are just better at scheming their players open and when not Mahomes does mroe with less to make crazy things happen.

I'm done arguing though I don;t agree with your bad take and you can disagree with what you feel is my bad take. 

Lots to rip apart here. 

You talk about Davis being hurt, but you forget it was an ankle. It had nothing to do with his ability to catch the ball. Whoops. 

Didn’t have a crush on Moore at all. Just saying I’d rather have him over anyone who played the slot for us last year.

The “solid roster” idea was fabricated all season long. It wasn’t nearly as “solid” on offense as we had 2 boundary receivers, a gadget guy playing in the slot, a RT that was forced to start week one after back surgery because there wasn’t depth behind him, and an aging LG that couldn’t block the wind. Keep trying to convince this roster was better than it actually was. That’s your right. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

I don't mind Hyatt being the guy if it's not at 27. If they're targeting Hyatt (who I think is a nice outside option) i hope it's in the mid-30s. Someone is going to get drunk on that Bama game film though.

You mean like how bills fans got drunk in Davis’s KC playoff game?

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Does he say which 2? I’m loving Jordan Addison at 27. Some are high on slot Josh Downs. Addison is the guy I would sit and wait for at 27. JSN and Flowers probably have to move up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.