Shaq Lawson returning

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

Bills are just treading water until they eventually sink. Same guys every year that can’t get the job done against the teams we will face in playoffs. It’s like they’re terrified to tiniest step back. McD picks these same guys over guys he drafted just because they have more experience. Bills gonna have the same ending as the past 3 years, our D not showing up in the biggest game. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

13-3

ALSO:

8 POINTS and ONLY THREE PLAYS away from being undefeated in the regular season. 

I see that still hasn't sunk in for some people.  

This team is fine. 

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

ALSO:

8 POINTS and ONLY THREE PLAYS away from being undefeated in the regular season. 

I see that still hasn't sunk in for some people.  

This team is fine. 

Yeah we’re fine, we have given up 105 points in 3 playoff loses.  We also gave up 22 second half points against the Texans in that other loss….  16-0 doesn’t mean ***** if you keep losing the same way in playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is like ordering a grilled cheese sandwich at Salvatores .

Disagree heartily

Not that I have or would

order a grilled cheese

from Salvatores

6 hours ago, BananaB said:

Bills are just treading water until they eventually sink. Same guys every year that can’t get the job done against the teams we will face in playoffs. It’s like they’re terrified to tiniest step back. McD picks these same guys over guys he drafted just because they have more experience. Bills gonna have the same ending as the past 3 years, our D not showing up in the biggest game. 

Always a pleasure to peruse your insight. Thank you 👍

BTW

Glad to read to read Shaq is Back. Good fit.

now draft me a one tech to hold up the middle and lean on a center !

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Unacceptable if that's the case.  This team needs more firepower. Especially on Offense.

and a MLB 

the "have one on the roster already" is absolute BS

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The only thing is they’re running out of money.

We know the 2023 cap is less than $8M in space now, and that’s got to cover rookies and IR money, and Beane has said 2024 is already tight.

So they need cheap labor. Dip into 2024 picks to secure a weapon and Campbell/Sanders early in this draft? 

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Yeah we’re fine, we have given up 105 points in 3 playoff loses.  We also gave up 22 second half points against the Texans in that other loss….  16-0 doesn’t mean ***** if you keep losing the same way in playoffs. 

There's not much quality difference between the top 4 or 5 teams.   You need to be good enough to get in the mix and then lucky enough to have some things go your way.  

Health is the biggest factor IMO and we lost Von Miller, Daquan Johnson (a great year for us)  and our secondary was devastated. We were playing Jaquan Johnson the Terrible (if it's not his name it should be), Not-On-Our-Team Dean Marlow, and Practice Squad Cam Lewis.   Their offense controlled the game while ours couldn't step up that game.

Sure our team has some flaws.   Our OL was shockingly bad with Saffold and Brown getting regularly beat like a red-headed stepchild. Our WRs and DEs under-performed. Our backup safeties weren't as good as expected.  (Jaquan Johnson the Terrible I'm especially looking at you)

We are good enough. Our record shows that we're good enough.  Let's fix our weaknesses (OL please!) as best we can and kick their asses next year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, BananaB said:

So this is treading water the last three seasons?

2020:  East Champ, 13 wins & AFC championship game

2021:  East Champ, 11 wins & 13 seconds

2022:  East Champ & 13 wins

Sure I want MORE but the last 3 years have hardly been treading water.  That was the 20 years before 2020.  I'm now convinced that with some tweaks and a little luck the Bills are in the Super Bowl next season.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So this is treading water the last three seasons?

2020:  East Champ, 13 wins & Lose AFC championship game

2021:  East Champ, 11 wins & 13 seconds Lose Divisional Round on the Road after crushing WC opponent

2022:  East Champ & 13 wins Lose Divisional Round at Home after barely escaping with a win against 3rd string QB

Sure I want MORE but the last 3 years have hardly been treading water.  That was the 20 years before 2020.  I'm now convinced that with some tweaks and a little luck the Bills are in the Super Bowl next season.

Actually it is losing ground

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Shaq is interesting to me. It’s rare to see a guy go from overrated, to underrated to properly rated. Shaq ia a quality football player. He does everything pretty well. When the Bills drafted him we all wanted more. He became a good edge setter and a smart player. Now, he’s in the role where he belongs. He’s a good, rotational DE, with a high floor. Good signing

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

NICE!!!!

We didn't crush our WC opponent in 21. Indy played a helluva gm. That was a sweat job. Agreed with everything else 

21 was crushing the Pats

20 was squeaking past the Colts and then beating the Ravens on one of the top 5 plays in Bills history - the Taron Johnson pick six

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Shaq is interesting to me. It’s rare to see a guy go from overrated, to underrated to properly rated. Shaq ia a quality football player. He does everything pretty well. When the Bills drafted him we all wanted more. He became a good edge setter and a smart player. Now, he’s in the role where he belongs. He’s a good, rotational DE, with a high floor. Good signing

Agree little pass rush but rarely out of position. He is a quality backup DE but can start opposite Rousseau for several games while Miller comes back

1 hour ago, Mark Long Beach said:

There's not much quality difference between the top 4 or 5 teams.   You need to be good enough to get in the mix and then lucky enough to have some things go your way.  

Health is the biggest factor IMO and we lost Von Miller, Daquan Johnson (a great year for us)  and our secondary was devastated. We were playing Jaquan Johnson the Terrible (if it's not his name it should be), Not-On-Our-Team Dean Marlow, and Practice Squad Cam Lewis.   Their offense controlled the game while ours couldn't step up that game.

Sure our team has some flaws.   Our OL was shockingly bad with Saffold and Brown getting regularly beat like a red-headed stepchild. Our WRs and DEs under-performed. Our backup safeties weren't as good as expected.  (Jaquan Johnson the Terrible I'm especially looking at you)

We are good enough. Our record shows that we're good enough.  Let's fix our weaknesses (OL please!) as best we can and kick their asses next year.

So agree with above.  All good teams require depth over a tough 17 game grind.

• Like (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills signing Shaq Lawson is much to do about nothing. Unfortunately he was a over drafted Rex Ryan Bills drafted player that was average at best in the pros. Nothing really special if he is here fine if he is gone in a year fine. Shaq Lawson just isn’t ever going to be great which when you see him brings back bad memories of Rex Ryan and how undisciplined the Buffalo Bills were under Rex Ryan in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

6 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Big Yawn... Lets be serious if we dare. What about this team as constituted right now makes anyone reasonable think they can make it to the AFC Championship game? It's basically the same squad with a couple of fringe receivers and OL's added. I'm sure the Chiefs and Bengals, and even the Jets are shivering in their boots because the Bills have signed Hardy, McGovern, Harris, and Sherfield to some low-ball contracts. Nobody they draft is going to scare anyone either. If anything, there's even more pressure on Josh to carry them on his back in 2023 than last year... Bills have gotten older, and LESS talented then they were 4 months ago. 10 wins, 3rd place... Maybe.       

Big Mecole Hardman guy, huh?

None of the teams that you listed made a big offensive splash this season. If all else is the same as last year then the Bills didn't really fall behind. Furthermore Harris could be the biggest offensive offseason pick-up in the AFC East (well maybe after Gesicki to NE anyway). The Chiefs arguably got worse having lost Brown and Hardman.

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Cool, like him a lot, great news.

Unrelated here, but our punter was only on a one year deal, right?

Anything on him?

Sorry, I have been out of the loop.

Bills resigned him before free agency or just as it started.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Success said:

Nah; I don't think the bolded is going to happen.

Changing DC was the biggest move we could make.  The players, for the most part, are not the issue. We have a lot of talent on our defense.

- new DC

- JA17 with no elbow problems and humming along

- Dorsey 2nd year

- improved OLine 

- more Avon Miller

- Micah Hyde and Poyer healthier 

- better situational coaching in big games too please

All these little things will help.  Hopefully a lot!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.