Does any defender in the NFL have a reputation of being the best defender against Travis Kelce?

Chaos

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I will never understand this line of thinking. Trying to beat the best QB in the league at their own A game on purpose. I can’t agree with anything less. The only way we will ever beat KC in the playoffs is by being different. You aren’t going to beat them at their own game. A shootout with Mahomes….it’s just dumb. I’m sorry. You find a way to be different. Be good at throwing but have balance enough to keep the ball away and make them play a style of game they are not comfortable in. Power run game? Physical line play, sprinkle in what we do well already. We aren’t the Trent Dilfer ravens our QB is excellent but you aren’t better at passing than KC. Definitely playing good defense would be a very good start. You want to play 45-41 games with KC? Their QB is the best in the league…you aren’t winning that game. The last thing you want to do is get into a game with KC where you are trying to out pass them. It’d be like trying to be the Warriors in a 3 point contest. You want to do everything but.

sans 13 seconds, it worked once already. 

Like everybody else, i’ve wondered how to shut Kelce down. With the free release we have so often given him and his expertise in beating zone it seems to me that jamming him to the point that you knock him down (Mel Blount like) could at least throw off his route/timing/synchronicity with PM. Not many DBs could do that but maybe a linebacker who can run with him after he gets up.

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Bills lost so clearly didn’t work. 🤷‍♂️

Which person would you draft on the defensive side of the ball in this draft, that would have prevented McDermott from f'ing up the 13 seconds. After Allen had lead the Bills to a clearly winning margin?

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Which person would you draft on the defensive side of the ball in this draft, that would have prevented McDermott from f'ing up the 13 seconds. After Allen had lead the Bills to a clearly winning margin?

Obviously winning can’t be clear if you lost. In future games with KC maybe committing to an effective running attack that could shorten the game would be more ideal than shooting it out. Limiting Mahomes’ possessions.

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Obviously winning can’t be clear if you lost. In future games with KC maybe committing to an effective running attack that could shorten the game would be more ideal than shooting it out. Limiting Mahomes’ possessions.

you do realize in a game, both teams get the same number of possessions. (barring significant turnover situations)

On 4/9/2023 at 6:42 PM, Chaos said:

so far these replies are depressing :)

Yup....the only thing stopping Kelcie is retirement. 

On 4/9/2023 at 7:18 PM, KzooMike said:

Out of the 14 teams that have played him 3 times or more since 2018 a few stand out 

All stats are 2018 or later, minimum 3 games against, playoffs included, 14 qualifying teams, stats are all per game averages

Patriots = 3 games, 2nd in Catch %, 1st-Tie in Receptions, 1st in yards, 1st-Tie in TD's

Indy = 3 games, 1st in Catch %, 1st-Tie in Receptions, 6th in yards, 3rd-Tie in TD's

Denver = 10 games, 4th in Catch %, 3rd-Tie in Receptions, 2nd in yards, 6th in TD's 

Buffalo = 5 games, 8th in Catch %, 12th-Tie in Receptions, 10th in yards, 13th in TD's

Indy has had a very good defense during this time. Darius Leonard has been an all pro LB nearly the entire time for them. New England is just a good scheme team. Denver has also been very good on defense and has played more man defense than most teams during this time. Kelce also appears to be better against zone than man, ranking 8th in yards per route vs zone and 26th vs man.  

I would've loved to see Sean tell Tremaine to play him man all game. Just one damn time.

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

you do realize in a game, both teams get the same number of possessions. (barring significant turnover situations)

Wow I didn’t realize this. The same number of possessions huh? I must be watching a different game all these years. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

My #1 thing was get rid of Fraizer. That’s thankfully done…3 years too late but whatever. I’m good with what we have done so far this offseason. I’d like to improve the running game quite a bit and turn into a more sustainable offense in inclement weather. I think our defense will already be better. Addition by subtraction with both Les and Tremane. I’d like to draft a MLB but after today I’d probably rather trade for white.

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Personally, I think they already resolved that issue signing Von. Had we had Von and White at the time, I don't think that game has the same results. I also think if we didn't have all of the issues and injuries last year that we did, the season wouldn't have ended the same way. JMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.