My money is on Beane moving up in the 1st rd to take an offensive player.

Tipster19

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

And Zay Jones believed in lizard people.

Where does he fall on the offensive/defensive spectrum?

Don’t know, but he has the same dealer as sweat lodge boy over in Green Bay…,

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Not having an abundance of draft picks this year I expect Beane to tap into the the 2024 draft resource to make this happen, either using a day 2 or 3 pick to move up in this year’s draft. Why not use a future draft pick when the heat is on now for a successful draft. If Beane comes up short this year he may not have to worry about next year’s draft. 

Terry Pegula is not letting go Beane even if draft is bad.  He has assembled too much talent in front office.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Anyone interested in trading up for Jalen Carter if he falls to mid teens?  Some compare him to Warren Sapp and if he’s that guy I say it’s a no brainer . Warren Sapp fell in the draft due to character concerns as well and he turned out to be a hall of fame player. 

I doubt we would see it from the Bills, just based on what we know they look for as far as character. But I actually see that as less of a 'boom or bust' scenario than if Beane were to trade up for Bjorn Robinson. If he does that and misses, it's worst case scenario since it would be on a rd 1 RB. 

Beane's history is c/w giving away draft picks to go up and draft guys.  

This team needs multiple starters to emerge from this draft over the next two years at WR, OL, LB, and DL. He would be better off trading out of the first round and picking up an extra day 2 pick.  I would much rather have 4 top 100 picks instead of three. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t see Beane giving away future picks to move up in this draft.  The high end talent just isn’t there this year.  This team also needs a lot of cheap controlled contracts for the next handful of years.  Giving up high picks isn’t the way to achieve that. 

I see all the rumors and am skeptical about it. We have a lot to do in this Draft. I don't see him giving up our 2nd this year. I could see him banking on that 3rd comp next year and using a 3rd next year. I don't know how far a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year would get us. 

I see a hypothetical move up being for Quentin Johnston. OBJ visiting the Jets could mean he's out. We did look into DeAndre Hopkins, but my guess is they feel they can't afford the cost of the contract.

Johnston is the only true Outside WR with the blend of size, speed, and athleticism I think they're looking for in Round 1 and is at least just out of reach at 27.

I think they will Draft OL prospects, but I don't think they're looking for someone to outright replace Spencer Brown this year. And I don't see them trading up for a Guard.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

A middle linebacker will not be the difference maker that Bijan Robinson would on this team.  

A middle linebacker isn't putting this team over the top.

Bijan Robinson is talented. But we're covered at RB. We've already spent a 2nd Round Pick on James Cook and a 5th Round Pick on Nyheim Hines in less than a year. Then we went out and signed Damien Harris to compliment them.

There's zero chance they then spend a 1st Round Pick AND trade up for one after what they've already done. Less so with the holes we have to fill.

And I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again - McDermott has only ever dressed 3 RB's on Game Day. 2 true RB's and 1 RB/ST. Nyheim Hines will dress for the latter role. Meaning 1 of Cook and Harris would be made inactive on Game Day. I don't think they signed Damien Harris to be our TJ Yeldon/Matt Breida "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" inactive RB.

Cook, Harris, and Hines is a very solid core to dress on Game Day. Especially with how we tend to use RB here. I get liking Bijan's talent. But we have too much to do elsewhere to be making CJ Spiller-esque upgrade luxury picks. Picking him and especially trading up for him is nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

Beane may indeed move up.  He's done it before.

But I wonder about that approach.  Needless to say, the deeper you go to into the draft, the less chance you have of finding an All-Pro.  And that's what you need.  Jags, even if they earn a starting role, don't win Lombardi's.  

But does it make more sense to package a bunch of picks to move up and increase the odds that your first rounder is a difference-maker?  Or trade back in the draft to get more picks?  For example, would you rather have two second round picks or one first round pick?  Let's say a guy taken around Pick 10 has a 35% chance of being a All-Pro.  If second rounders have a 18% chance of being an All-Pro, you're marginally better going with two second rounders.  Forget the trade chart - I'd like to see an analytics guy or gal take a hard look at this.  

It depends on the details of course but my hunch is that it's better to have a lot of picks than just a few good ones.  The more darts you throw at the dartboard, the more likely you are to hit the bullseye.

In other words, I hope Beane doesn't trade up.  But if he does, I'm praying he's right - even if I am an agnostic Buddhist.  

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I see all the rumors and am skeptical about it. We have a lot to do in this Draft. I don't see him giving up our 2nd this year. I could see him banking on that 3rd comp next year and using a 3rd next year. I don't know how far a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year would get us. 

I see a hypothetical move up being for Quentin Johnston. OBJ visiting the Jets could mean he's out. We did look into DeAndre Hopkins, but my guess is they feel they can't afford the cost of the contract.

Johnston is the only true Outside WR with the blend of size, speed, and athleticism I think they're looking for in Round 1 and is at least just out of reach at 27.

I think they will Draft OL prospects, but I don't think they're looking for someone to outright replace Spencer Brown this year. And I don't see them trading up for a Guard.

Johnston is boom or bust. 

If anything I could see a scenario like last year where he's prepared to move up a few spots to grab the last player they have a 1st round grade on.  

The idea that Beane made a few phone calls to do some due diligence and something leaked would be plausible.  The idea that anyone would know what position he'd be trading up for I don't see how that could be anything more than a guess by the writer.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Johnston is boom or bust. 

So are a good percentage of WR's coming out of College. The same things were said about DK Metcalf. Johnston like most prospects needs to be coached up.

But the fact remains - he's the best Outside WR Prospect with the blend of size and speed I foresee us looking for at WR on the boundary. Flowers and JSN are clearly slot guys. Addison is a bit of a tweener.

If Beane moves up to select him, than he feels he's closer to Boom than Bust.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

Something like this seems like a good trade up to me.   At least I would be pretty excited about season.  

Screenshot 2023-04-08 084349.jpg

was this trade forced cause that is roughly 200 points in value given up. 

https://www.footballguys.com/pick-value-calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

2 different draft pick calcs would suggest not making that trade. when you trade the future pick of buffalo.. you have to assume the pick next year will be 27 or better yes? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.