New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Come on Weo….Let me ask you this? What do your prefer the State does with it’s tax money? Let me guess….social service programs? 

I prefer they let me keep a little more for myself.

Now answer my question

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I prefer they let me keep a little more for myself.

Now answer my question

Well on that we DEFINITELY agree! I’m all for keeping more for myself. But…since they’re taking the taxes anyway I’d rather have a stadium to show for it. 😉

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They aren't taking your taxes...

Weo…I live in California. Believe me when I say that my taxes have and will continue to be thoroughly and relentlessly ‘taken’. On that I feel your pain. If you follow the news we’ve been supposedly building a $10 BILLION bullet train for well over a decade and to date it has managed to travel absolutely nowhere. I therefore recommend you show them big time by going and sitting in that stadium for as many hours as is humanly possible. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:12 PM, mrags said:

Ok. But everything you just stated also applies to the Bills and the new stadium AND, they are also charging PSLs. Again. You can’t say that all these companies are getting breaks and profiting but then not include the Bills. And you can add Sams Club and Costco all you want. That’s a membership fee. But if you really want to include them and their $50-100 membership fees to prove your point then I guess I’ll just concede and that you refuse to listen to any argument. So have a good day. 

yeah i never said it did not apply to the Bills also...🙄

if it's ok for all of them, why is it not ok for sports teams to do it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

yeah i never said it did not apply to the Bills also...🙄

if it's ok for all of them, why is it not ok for sports teams to do it?

I never said it wasn’t ok for them to do it. Throughout this whole thing you can go back and see that I’m not against public funding. I’m not against PSLs or price increases either. What I do have a problem with, is basically getting the same experience we currently have now. Except everyone’s taxes have paid for it. And everyone is paying more for tickets and PSLs. I’ve argued that the Bills have a hard enough time as it is, selling out games in the winter. Especially when they are less than a top team in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I never said it wasn’t ok for them to do it. Throughout this whole thing you can go back and see that I’m not against public funding. I’m not against PSLs or price increases either. What I do have a problem with, is basically getting the same experience we currently have now. Except everyone’s taxes have paid for it. And everyone is paying more for tickets and PSLs. I’ve argued that the Bills have a hard enough time as it is, selling out games in the winter. Especially when they are less than a top team in the league. 

Yes. We get it. You have no problem with the ticket price increases or the PSLs except for the fact that we’re all paying more and “you’re getting the same thing.” In other words, not getting your F’n dome that you won’t shut up about. It’s over. Watch football outside sir, it won’t kill you. Buy a new coat.

You have no idea if we’re “getting the same thing” though, even though you’ve said it probably hundreds of times over two threads now. The only thing you know is the “same” is both stadiums are open air. You’ve said nothing about the concourse or gate or seating improvements that could be in this new stadium, because you don’t know. 

“basically the same experience we have now” - your words. Based on nothing except for the fact that there’s no roof. 

dude just don’t go. Honestly I’d feel icky being in the same building as someone like you anyways. Give your seats up to someone that can handle the elements. Christ.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

46 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yes. We get it. You have no problem with the ticket price increases or the PSLs except for the fact that we’re all paying more and “you’re getting the same thing.” In other words, not getting your F’n dome that you won’t shut up about. It’s over. Watch football outside sir, it won’t kill you. Buy a new coat.

You have no idea if we’re “getting the same thing” though, even though you’ve said it probably hundreds of times over two threads now. The only thing you know is the “same” is both stadiums are open air. You’ve said nothing about the concourse or gate or seating improvements that could be in this new stadium, because you don’t know. 

“basically the same experience we have now” - your words. Based on nothing except for the fact that there’s no roof. 

dude just don’t go. Honestly I’d feel icky being in the same building as someone like you anyways. Give your seats up to someone that can handle the elements. Christ.

Pretty sure I was having a conversation with @cba fan. Im quite sure I didn’t reply to any of your posts. I also haven’t brought up anything about a dome in a long time. I’m way past that as we all are at this point. I’m simply bringing up the fact that when the new place is built, and the team isn’t doing well. It’s not going to be easy selling it out. 

and it pretty much is going to be the same experience for much much more. Open air. Jumbotron at one or both ends. Teams on the field playing. Some highlights. Some concourses (which who really gives a crap about) and some concessions. 

not to mention that as much as I don’t know what we’re going to be getting, you have no idea what we are getting either. So that makes both of us clueless on the subject. 

28 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Easy for you to say from SoCal…

See in cold western NY there’s an obvious difference between sitting indoors and sitting under an overhang

Yup. About 40 degrees and about $1500 per season ticket for the year. And that’s now. I’d imagine $3000 difference or more with the new stadium. Not to mention the PSL fee 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

Pretty sure I was having a conversation with @cba fan. Im quite sure I didn’t reply to any of your posts. I also haven’t brought up anything about a dome in a long time. I’m way past that as we all are at this point. I’m simply bringing up the fact that when the new place is built, and the team isn’t doing well. It’s not going to be easy selling it out. 

and it pretty much is going to be the same experience for much much more. Open air. Jumbotron at one or both ends. Teams on the field playing. Some highlights. Some concourses (which who really gives a crap about) and some concessions. 

you’re not having a conversation with cba or anyone in particular if you’re posting in a thread. There’s DMs for that. And as far as “no one cares” about things like concourses, uh, I do. I’d like to not be sardined into tiny narrow concourses right after I waited 25 minutes to get through the gate. 

See these are things that the new stadium will almost definitely improve and you disregard because, again, you’re just salty about it not having a dome. I really don’t care how long it’s been since you’ve brought it up, people paying attention to these threads know what you’ve said. Stop trying to add nuance to your argument. there is none. And again, don’t go. You actually upgraded your seats so you’d have better priority for seasons in the new stadium? And now you’re complaining non stop because “it’s gonna be the same thing.” 
aka “I’m cold where’s my dome”

those tickets are wasted on the likes of you. Again, give em up. Let someone on the wait list have a go.

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you’re not having a conversation with cba or anyone in particular if you’re posting in a thread. There’s DMs for that. And as far as “no one cares” about things like concourses, uh, I do. I’d like to not be sardined into tiny narrow concourses right after I waited 25 minutes to get through the gate. 

See these are things that the new stadium will almost definitely improve and you disregard because, again, you’re just salty about it not having a dome. I really don’t care how long it’s been since you’ve brought it up, people paying attention to these threads know what you’ve said. Stop trying to add nuance to your argument. there is none. And again, don’t go. You actually upgraded your seats so you’d have better priority for seasons in the new stadium? And now you’re complaining non stop because “it’s gonna be the same thing.” 
aka “I’m cold where’s my dome”

those tickets are wasted on the likes of you. Again, give em up. Let someone on the wait list have a go.

Naw. I think I’ll keep my tickets. And screw someone so they can’t get tickets. Then I’ll sell them to an opposing fan for 3x as much as I paid for them. Just to annoy people like you. 

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You can stay home too. No one will miss you. 

I’ll miss him 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Naw. I think I’ll keep my tickets. And screw someone so they can’t get tickets. Then I’ll sell them to an opposing fan for 3x as much as I paid for them. Just to annoy people like you. 

Haha you think you’ll get 3x face value? When the new dump doesn’t even have a roof? I don’t know those Jets fans may have an issue with the chilly breezes. They may just stay home.

Okay people…the Oakland A’s have just announced that they’re in the final stages of moving to Las Vegas where they plan on building a $1.5 Billion, 35,000 seat stadium with a….yep…

retractable roof. The site is just a mile north of Allegiant Stadium along the Strip if anyone is familiar with the area. 

Oakland, another small, working class, original AFL city will have now lost EVERY one of its major sports franchises. (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL). Three of the four will have left in the span of a decade, and all have left over lack of updated facilities. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okay people…the Oakland A’s have just announced that they’re in the final stages of moving to Las Vegas where they plan on building a $1.5 Billion, 35,000 seat stadium with a….yep…

retractable roof. The site is just a mile north of Allegiant Stadium along the Strip if anyone is familiar with the area. 

Oakland, another small, working class, original AFL city will have now lost EVERY one of its major sports franchises. (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL). Three of the four will have left in the span of a decade, and all have left over lack of updated facilities. 

They will need a roof. Could you imagine playing baseball especially in June, July, and August outside in Vegas. Nothing like running around in 120-degree weather.

Just now, Gregg said:

They will need a roof. Could you imagine playing baseball especially in June, July, and August outside in Vegas. Nothing like running around in 120-degree weather.

I wasn’t aware but apparently they have a Triple A team now, that’s the farm team for the A’s. I’m guessing they’ll relocate. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oakland briefly had an NHL team many decades ago.  If there are any hockey fans in Oakland, they can go watch the bay area team in San Jose....which is pretty much where 49ers fans have to go to watch their once local NFL team...

Also, The Warriors have always been a Bay Area team, so Oakland really didn't "lose" an NBA team.  Oakland residents can cross the bridge to see them, just like SF residents had done for years to watch them in Oakland.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oakland briefly had an NHL team many decades ago.  If there are any hockey fans in Oakland, they can go watch the bay area team in San Jose....which is pretty much where 49ers fans have to go to watch their once local NFL team...

Also, The Warriors have always been a Bay Area team, so Oakland really didn't "lose" an NBA team.  Oakland residents can cross the bridge to see them, just like SF residents had done for years to watch them in Oakland.

Weo….we’ve now established that you’re not from California. Oakland and San Francisco are most definitely not the same place. This is a significant blow to what was once a second tier major league city. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Weo….we’ve now established that you’re not from California. Oakland and San Francisco are most definitely not the same place. This is a significant blow to what was once a second tier major league city. 

A's are a blow for sure, but.

But regarding "losing their" NBA team, was it as equal of a blow to SF losing the 49ers to Santa Clara/San Jose?  That's a lot longer commute than for Oakland residents to go see the "Golden State" Warriors.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A's are a blow for sure, but.

But regarding "losing their" NBA team, was it as equal of a blow to SF losing the 49ers to Santa Clara/San Jose?  That's a lot longer commute than for Oakland residents to go see the "Golden State" Warriors.

With much respect. The nuances of various regions are sometimes difficult to comprehend. There’s a significant difference between the east and west bay side. I’m sure it doesn’t seem like much from WNY, but do not try and tell somebody from the Bay Area that they’re the same. 

And as you correctly pointed out, the A’s and Raiders will now have both moved out of State, not just out of the metro area. Further still, if memory serves, the San Jose Sharks are NOT the old California Seals. I believe they are a totally new franchise.

Edited by SoCal Deek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.