Calling it now: Drew Sanders will be the Bills number Three pick 😁😁

7 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Bills are looking to trade up.  At least that is the word on the streets. 

It won't be for Drew Sanders, but more likely someone they love at OT or DE - premium positions - that is falling.

If we stay put it could be Sanders, but more likely we wait until the 2nd

I'm seeing it's for a "Skill Player" or Offensive Lineman. Not Defensive End.

So a WR, TE, or OL. Maybe Bijan. But I would be shocked to see us trade up for a RB with the core we have and what we need to fill in the Draft.

My guess is for Quentin Johnston, if he happens to fall within range or Darnell Wright.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10071545-nfl-rumors-bills-eyeing-trade-up-from-no-27-pick-in-2023-nfl-draft

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If we go linebacker, I think it will end up being Jack Campbell

The ras score on that dude is insane

I'm in line with most prognosticators - which is Drew Sanders and Trenton Simpson are ranked above him. And thus far, Simpson is the only MLB prospect we have lined up for a visit (that has been reported on). If Campbell is a target, you don't take him at 27.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If we go linebacker, I think it will end up being Jack Campbell

The ras score on that dude is insane

Totally agree. 

ESPN BB  #1 Ranked ILB

Draft Buzz BB #1 Ranked ILB

MDD BB #2 Ranked ILB

Granted as of right now, Draft Buzz is the only one listing him as a Late 1st, MDD at 42 and ESPN 51 overall he is still tops as an ILB.

Also made DJ,'s Top 50.😁

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2023-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:18 PM, machine gun kelly said:

BB, you know I respect you’re opinion, but it’s highly unlikely most teams will use their #1 even at 27th on an off the ball LB.

You know I like MTC on NFLR and those guys are pretty informative.  They are in the season where they do their mock drafts on Fridays.  They referenced the same point that S, RB, and the above position usually you can get a quality one in the 2nd rd.

On the other hand if we don’t get into the Hopkins or OBJ sweepstakes, we probably will grab a WR.  We can always add depth at RT in the 3rd, and I’d love it if we grabbed a stud TE in one of the higher rounds as this is a deep TE class. Beane has tipped his hand if you read between the tea leaves that he wants a better 12 personnel option.

We spent higher on Edmunds and Sanders will be more than an off the ball LB.

1. LB drew Sanders

2. OG Cody Mauch

3. Zack Kuntz

4. WR Jonathan Mingo

On 4/6/2023 at 3:02 PM, Mango said:

The difference between both Sabrespace and TBD is funny. I made an off color joke based on somebody's phrasing and I got a slap on the wrist from a mod. 

Over hear you get all the fake internet points. 

I do appreciate that neither devolve into any wild crassness.....even though that is how I communicate in real life. 

im usually getting suspended over here.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:48 AM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Lawrence ***** Taylor? you had to go there

and ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

He is more Edmunds than Campbell is.  His biggest cons are his missed tackles and lack of instincts, areas he is considered raw at.  Basically the same as Esanddmunds was coming out, athletic freak but raw and would need to be developed in a lot of areas.

hopefully with McDermott running the D , instead of passive Frazier, he will get back to his aggressive Carolina/Philly roots with more blitzing and confusing fronts, and will turn Sanders loose.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:59 AM, Shaw66 said:

Well, I don't know if he merits a first-round grade, but I see in him what you see.   Well, I don't see Lawrence Taylor.    If he had much of Lawrence Taylor in him everyone would have seen it by now.   

But "dynamic and can not only play off the ball and he can rush the passer and not just a blitzer but actually has pass rush moves....  And he's got that NASTY, which this team needs more of" is exactly right.  He's all of that.  Especially the NASTY part - he's hungry to hit people, and that's the thing that no one ever said about Edmunds.  Technique isn't always the best, but he hits people. 

Right on, and he has room to grow and improve.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:32 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Not saying I know you're wrong. And yeah, Sanders is a good player.

But I am saying that Lawrence Taylor was not an MLB. And an MLB is what we're missing.

Sanders had 10.5 sacks in his collegiate career, 5 passes defensed and three forced fumbles. Taylor had 21 sacks, 10 forced fumbles and 2 INTs. 16 sacks in his final year there, playing his second year as an LB. And Taylor hadn't played organized football until 11th grade and started at UNC as a DL until he was switched.

I don't see Sanders as our LT in any way. LT was drafted second overall. Is Sanders being discussed in that range? IMO that's a huge huge stretch.

We dont have a traditional MLB, but two LBs that play sideline to sideline.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:33 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Why? One is a first team all-pro and we only play two on the field at the same time. We should draft a LB, but not necessarily in the first or second round. 

Because he can rush the passer too

🤑

On 4/5/2023 at 10:00 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Everyone likes Jack Campbell, and i do too, but hes the safe pick to replace Edmunds but Sanders is dynamic and can not only play off the ball and he can rush the passer and not just a blitzer but actually has pass rush moves. 

he could be our Lawrence Taylor instead of another Edmunds.

And hes got that NASTY, which this team needs more of.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We don't have a traditional MLB, but two LBs that play sideline to sideline.

I think this is the important point.   

I'm not anything like an NFL-caliber strategic analyst, and I have to admit that I've never quite understood how McDermott sees defensive strategy, but it's obvious that he doesn't think it's necessary to have a downhill thumping middle linebacker.   What he seems to think is the perfect middle linebacker is a Tremaine Edmunds who is somewhat better attacking the run and blitzing than Edmunds is.   If he wanted a true run-stopping MLB, they wouldn't have drafted Edmunds or stuck with him as long as they did.  

Instead, what McDermott seems to want is two Milano's playing linebacker.   Two guys who, as you say, play sideline to sideline, who attack the run, who can blitz.  And that's what you and I see in Sanders.  He isn't perfect, by any means, and he'd be another project like Edmunds, which begs the question whether you can continue to waste years trying to build the perfect linebacker.  

He looks to me like he can play the position the way McDermott wants.  Whether he can do it at the level McDermott and Beane want is something that Beane and his team will figure out.  If he's the guy, then Beane's job is to go get him.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:35 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm seeing it's for a "Skill Player" or Offensive Lineman. Not Defensive End.

So a WR, TE, or OL. Maybe Bijan. But I would be shocked to see us trade up for a RB with the core we have and what we need to fill in the Draft.

My guess is for Quentin Johnston, if he happens to fall within range or Darnell Wright.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10071545-nfl-rumors-bills-eyeing-trade-up-from-no-27-pick-in-2023-nfl-draft

I'm in line with most prognosticators - which is Drew Sanders and Trenton Simpson are ranked above him. And thus far, Simpson is the only MLB prospect we have lined up for a visit (that has been reported on). If Campbell is a target, you don't take him at 27.

Campbell is training with Kuechly. They don't need him to visit. 

On 4/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, Shaw66 said:

I'm not anything like an NFL-caliber strategic analyst, and I have to admit that I've never quite understood how McDermott sees defensive strategy, but it's obvious that he doesn't think it's necessary to have a downhill thumping middle linebacker.   What he seems to think is the perfect middle linebacker is a Tremaine Edmunds who is somewhat better attacking the run and blitzing than Edmunds is.   If he wanted a true run-stopping MLB, they wouldn't have drafted Edmunds or stuck with him as long as they did.  

Instead, what McDermott seems to want is two Milano's playing linebacker.   Two guys who, as you say, play sideline to sideline, who attack the run, who can blitz.  And that's what you and I see in Sanders.  He isn't perfect, by any means, and he'd be another project like Edmunds, which begs the question whether you can continue to waste years trying to build the perfect linebacker.  

He looks to me like he can play the position the way McDermott wants.  Whether he can do it at the level McDermott and Beane want is something that Beane and his team will figure out.  If he's the guy, then Beane's job is to go get him.  

Its a good thing Campbell nor Sanders or Simpson are limited to being a downhill thumping mlb. 

• Agree 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, Shaw66 said:

Hard to say what any draft pick will do. If they knew would be this good he would have gone in the first round.

59 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hard to say what any draft pick will do. If they knew would be this good he would have gone in the first round.

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah.  Amazing steal where they got him. 

McDermott actually had him behind Tanner Vallejo early in camp. Milano had a very slow start, but picked it up. I give McDermott credit for finding him, but it’s not like they thought he was some amazing sure thing or anything. 

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

McDermott actually had him behind Tanner Vallejo early in camp. Milano had a very slow start, but picked it up. I give McDermott credit for finding him, but it’s not like they thought he was some amazing sure thing or anything. 

It's just in the nature of the draft.   The measure of how difficult it is to project college players into the pros is how many times the professionals - the GMs and coaches - get it wrong.   Their jobs are riding on the quality of their picks, they have every incentive to get it right, and they miss a lot.  

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Campbell is a tackling machine but Sanders is literally like an extra edge rusher which Beane is so enamored with. If they go D in round 1 which I fully expect as I think the WR stuff is a smokescreen since Beane can’t help himself with high D picks. I fully expect Drew Sanders to be a Bill. 

I think Campbell has to be the pick over Sanders.

I would then prefer adding Foskey for pass rush ( which may be at 59) and we could list/ put him at OLB or put him on the Edge whenever.

I also like Kingsley Jonathan in that same fashion ( who was the no. 1 overall pick in the CFL and can play both as well). I got a gut feeling about him. He looks fast af.

Edited by nosejob

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.