The Consensus BPA Draft for the Bills

Chaos

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

positional value = need. teams give their own personal value on positions due to need. but yea I agree... It has not changed on these boards for years. still won't. Bottom line, people have the right to think what they want... right, wrong or indifferent. is what it is

you know I am on board with you on this. 

No,positional value means top QBs are worth 50 million a year , top WRs are worth 22 million per year, and top rbs are worth 11 mm per year.  Its the same for everyone, and completely independent of need. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

44 minutes ago, Chaos said:

no where on here does it say position of value equates to how much they make on here. What they are saying here and I quote "But the concept of “BPA” is fairly trite and actually absurd in practice." To this point the writer is right. Then they go on and talk about Wins above replacement (war) again.. nothing to do with how a team values a position going into a draft.

Then the article goes into Cap implications by drafting a player.. This is positional WORTH not value. No where in that article do they mention positional value. (other than title)

The first Paragraph reads

"NFL GMs often describe drafting the “best player available” — deferring to their draft boards and letting the draft come to them. But the concept of “BPA” is fairly trite and actually absurd in practice. Adhering to such a standard is how you draft a kicker in the second round or a running back No. 2 overall. In an abstract sense, both may have been the best talents relative to their positions at that moment in the draft. But football isn’t played in the abstract, and the very real concept of positional value cannot be ignored when building a team. While having a complete roster looks great on paper, the fact of the matter is that not all positions are created equal."

BOLDED that is what I have been saying all along. To the second bolded, positions are not created equal do to their need on that team. EVERYTHING I have been saying. 

Now.. when they go to the draft.. Yes they look at money that will be spent in the future with how much they already will spend? yes.. absolutly but yet.. no where in those paragraphs does it say "position of value".  "Salary camp implications" and "positional drafting" have nothing to do with "positional value"

What this article is saying is there is a lot more involved than just one set of numbers.

Future Cap Implications, War and positional need all factor into "positional value"   yet... in your quote earlier you just tried compare cap implications to position of value.. WRONG... there is way more involved.. even above what this article does not talk about.. more specifically need. 

Next time you link us something, read the whole article and not just one part and call us "For ignorant vomiters:"

As I said earlier.. BPA in general is a myth but when many on these boards use the letters BPA, they put value, need, cap implications ALL of it into the conversation.

Anyone that says we should draft Best Player Available and ignore the rest is wrong.  LIKE i been saying and others too. 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

and by the way, just because your mad at people that they dislike or as you put it "ignorant" vomiters does not mean they can't put a vomit on your post. it is THAIR RIGHT to have an opinion and its not fair you use the word ignorant in front of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.