Mac Jones being shopped?

HappyDays

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As noted in a link within the article, Mac’s end run efforts outside the building to talk to Alabama staff about how to properly run the O system Patricia was struggling to implement, was a source of significant tension with Belichick—this is all fantastic stuff!! 😂

Hard to blame him for that. Making Patricia OC would get  any other HC fired

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yup. Mac had a decent rookie year and then they gave him a former failed HC/DC to be his OC and failed ST coach to be his QB coach. Really?

True but Mac had like 5 good games his rookie year and was pretty crappy for the rest. He has no upside and was a product of the players around him at Bama. Belichick is awful at evaluating offensive players. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but Mac had like 5 good games his rookie year and was pretty crappy for the rest. He has no upside and was a product of the players around him at Bama. Belichick is awful at evaluating offensive players. 

Oh I'm not saying Mac is a dude to build around, but they gave him no chance and wasted his 2nd season IMO. There was enough to build on for him to be a point guard of sorts. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Any idea what's their solution at QB if they get rid of Jones? Bailey Zappe? Or did I miss something?

Probably drafting one in the late 6th Round.  LOL  Luck seems to be Belichicks formula for winning.  

And why not, Belichick's 17th average ranking in Points Scored, and 19th average ranking in Yardage Offense, which includes a season with Cassel at QB and Welker and Moss as WRs, Watson at TE, and two fantastic receiving RBs, aka rankings which are incredibly average if not mediocre, without Brady as his QB reveals what a great offensive mind he has.  

I absolutely love watching Belichick flounder!  I hope he coaches 10 more years and never advances to the playoffs again.  The longer it goes the more that that narcissistic self-righteous egomaniac is going to try prove that he really is something without a QB that's in the running for the GOAT.  

It's a tale of two coaches, one with Brady, excellent, and one without Brady, absolutely horrible;  10 seasons and 2 games, only two playoff appearances, both times as a wild-card, going 1-2 and only winning in the wild-card round, while getting outscored on 30-14 average.  

Otherwise, a 77-87 record otherwise.  

But I'm sure, Brady and Belichick contributed equally.  LOL  

He's finished.  Every season that he continues to coach adds to the mainstream narrative that he was only good because of Brady.  I actually don't look forward to Kraft's firing of Belichick, which I'm sure won't be a "firing" on paper, presumably at least.  Maybe Belichick's ego is just that big, that he'll force Kraft to fire him.  Should be interesting to be sure.  

24 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh I'm not saying Mac is a dude to build around, but they gave him no chance and wasted his 2nd season IMO. There was enough to build on for him to be a point guard of sorts. 

Honestly, it's difficult to say since Belichick sucks on offense and the people he hires are no better, at least not recently.  

It's not really fair to any QB, Jones or not.  

Edited by PBF81

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

He's finished.  Every season that he continues to coach adds to the mainstream narrative that he was only good because of Brady.  I actually don't look forward to Kraft's firing of Belichick, which I'm sure won't be a "firing" on paper, presumably at least.  Maybe Belichick's ego is just that big, that he'll force Kraft to fire him.  Should be interesting to be sure.  

I would love BB end in New England be a scribbled note on the podium "I hereby resign as H.C. of the N.E.P."

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.