NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He hasn't met with any teams. No thanks on Downs 

This is a weird take... his dad is an assistant coach and his uncle is Dre Bly -- I can't say I know why he's not taking visits, but it's probable that teams have a pretty good idea of what he's about, how he handles his businsess, etc.

That said, he's not my favorite wr prospect (or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th or 5th or 6th...)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This is a weird take... his dad is an assistant coach and his uncle is Dre Bly -- I can't say I know why he's not taking visits, but it's probable that teams have a pretty good idea of what he's about, how he handles his businsess, etc.

That said, he's not my favorite wr prospect (or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th or 5th or 6th...)

He is my 5th. But he is 2nd round and he is strictly slot only. Hard pass at #27.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

No one’s concerned about Addison’s smallish hands?

I'm more concerned about them drafting a WR in round 1 who doesn't have outside versatility.........like Downs.

A slot-only is a bad use of a chip that should be invested in a player with a $20M-$30M aav ceiling.

Addison is fringy there as well but at least there is a chance he can be a WR1 and starter both inside and out............I just don't see it with Downs..........and I follow UNC closely.

But rest assured........if they draft a slot-only we will have a bunch of apologists jumping into insist that they can play anywhere to try to shout down any criticism of the pick. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm more concerned about them drafting a WR in round 1 who doesn't have outside versatility.........like Downs.

A slot-only is a bad use of a chip that should be invested in a player with a $20M-$30M aav ceiling.

Addison is fringy there as well but at least there is a chance he can be a WR1 and starter both inside and out............I just don't see it with Downs..........and I follow UNC closely.

But rest assured........if they draft a slot-only we will have a bunch of apologists jumping into insist that they can play anywhere to try to shout down any criticism of the pick. :lol:

Is Peter King ever right about anything Bills related?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Since you've been doing this, has there been a draft this shallow with regards to first rounders?

You actually believe someone on here is a respectable evaluator of college prospects?  lol we all do the same thing, watch YouTube highlights and steal other people’s rankings 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You actually believe someone on here is a respectable evaluator of college prospects?  lol we all do the same thing, watch YouTube highlights and steal other people’s rankings 

I think he's insightful, that's why I asked.

well it is NFL draft week so I will be very vested as a Bills fanatic to see how it all plays out.

I LOVE the NFL draft. It is considered holiday in my home and the family recognizes it as such.

I am not to be bothered by mundane chores like eating and sleeping  and especially Not cooking and cleaning while it is occurring

KITCHEN PASS for muppy. I cannot wait!

If I had my druthers the Bills draft a studly TE to bookend with my boy dawson Knox. Either that or a beefy MEAN O Lineman.

They'll likely go LB or RB?

GO BILLS!~!~!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Since you've been doing this, has there been a draft this shallow with regards to first rounders?

No. My previous low was 16 in 2015.

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

That is not what I do. Like I don't claim to be Brandon Beane but that is not how I go about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

No. My previous low was 16 in 2015.

That is not what I do. Like I don't claim to be Brandon Beane but that is not how I go about it.

Well unless you actually go scout these players and watch countless game film then yes that’s what you do 

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I'm a former recruiting assistant at a Division 1 school, former Head Coach of HS ball for 8 years, worked 3 years as a recruiting coordinator and college coach at a couple Division 3 schools and I know a handful of NFL scouts, Division 1-3 Head Coaches throughout the country. I don't know everything but i've evaluated college kids for about 7 years in college including the highest athletes in the country for 3 1/2 years. 

I have resources I can ask guys about. Am I wrong a lot still. Yup I am but I have a much broader insight to the inner workings than Joe Fan who watched Youtube clips just on knowledge of what teams actually look for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well unless you actually go scout these players and watch countless game film then yes that’s what you do 

I watch lots of game film. Nobody gets a grade on my board without seeing 3 full games of them (every snap, not just highlights) and there are players in this class that I have watched 6,7,8 full games of. 

EDIT: and while I have never done it as a job (it is strictly a hobby for me), I know a former NFL position coach pretty well, and I have a couple of former scouts, one current scout, and one well recognised talking head whose latest mock may or not be discussed on the front page of this forum who I can reach out to and know well enough that they will reply to me and I can discuss guys with.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

11 now by my board.

And how many first round grades did you have in a strong draft year, like 2020?  I'm sorry...I have a lot of respect for your opinion, but when I hear guys say there are 11 or 12 prospects with first round grades, my immediate thought is that they need to adjust their grading system, especially if they have less than 25 first round grades even in a strong year...it becomes meaningless.    

Edited by mannc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.