Bills official ranch dressing

Draconator

11 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Can someone give this confused Aussie a brief history of the story behind Buffalo's chronic dislike of ranch and whether it applies across the board or is "wings  only"

TIA.

We are mostly from Buffalo, and we have standards. ONLY blue cheese is acceptable with wings. Ranch is deviant behavior with wings, but is acceptable in other applications. I happen to like Ranch with homemade chips at some restaurants, but I would never be a heathen and consider it appropriate to be anywhere near a chicken wing. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

We are mostly from Buffalo, and we have standards. ONLY blue cheese is acceptable with wings. Ranch is deviant behavior with wings, but is acceptable in other applications. I happen to like Ranch with homemade chips at some restaurants, but I would never be a heathen and consider it appropriate to be anywhere near a chicken wing. 

My standards? You can eat what ever the heck you want to eat. Not my business what you like or dislike unless I am cooking it... There was a football player (forget name) that was slammed for wanting ranch on wings. 

Just how I feel.

Nothing personal

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

My standards? You can eat what ever the heck you want to eat. Not my business what you like or dislike unless I am cooking it... There was a football player (forget name) that was slammed for wanting ranch on wings. 

Just how I feel.

Nothing personal

I stand by my campaign pledge of a minimum prison sentence of 30 days for allowing ranch dip to touch a chicken wing. It’s just a misdemeanor, but you will have a record and wear a scarlet “R”. 

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Can someone give this confused Aussie a brief history of the story behind Buffalo's chronic dislike of ranch and whether it applies across the board or is "wings  only"

TIA.

Only wings.  If you choose to eat a salad with ranch dressing on it, that’s considered between you and your fork

It’s history and tradition, primarily.  Buffalo invented what the rest of the world calls “Buffalo Wings” and they’re traditionally served with blue cheese dressing and celery.  I guess changing it up to serve them with ranch is considered a form of ah, “cultural (mis)appropriation”

https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/why-do-buffalo-wings-come-with-celery-blue-cheese

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Only wings.  If you choose to eat a salad with ranch dressing on it, that’s considered between you and your fork

It’s history and tradition, primarily.  Buffalo invented what the rest of the world calls “Buffalo Wings” and they’re traditionally served with blue cheese dressing and celery.  I guess changing it up to serve them with ranch is considered a form of ah, “cultural (mis)appropriation”

https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/why-do-buffalo-wings-come-with-celery-blue-cheese

I just went to my buddies pizzeria in lovejoy( -a neighborhood of the eastside)

and made hot wings 

can’t beat it!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That’s the same as putting ketchup on a Ribeye. 

Peasants put ranch on wings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.