Anton Harrison T, U. Oak. Draft profile

PrimeTime101

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

One thing that comes to mind when watching these videos is that I often times find myself seeing things differently than the person creating the video content... and often times disagreeing with them when they're singing the praises of the player.

For instance, getting movement on a defender who's already engaged in a double team is not showing great strength at the point of attack. So much of this stuff is subjective... who's he blocking? Which way was the player leaning? Which players are nursing injuries? And so on and so forth.

Just watching the first 5 minutes of the first video you can see Harrison seems to have good enough feet to play tackle but it also looks like needs to get a lot stronger both upper and lower body. It also appears that he plays high and bends at the waist and lunges too much and doesn't drop his hips.

These are all common flaws at this level and I'm not saying he won't be an excellent player, but rather that he has a lot of improving to do.

This is well said... this is why i go through all the videos I have of him "College game recordings" Highlights, film studies and all the other draft profiles made to come up with my own conclusions.  PFF, ESPN, and NFL.com.. Tons of copy paste goes on between these 3 groups makes it hard to believe half of what they say.

Haven't studied the player. Seems highly regarded. He played in a run first O. Some analysts suggest that he is completely unproven in pass pro and there may be issues around his foot speed and vulnerability to the speed rush. Don't know if that is accurate. Beware Cody Ford. I would probably be less concerned with his need to increase his upper and lower body strength to counter the bull rush. That's what nfl conditioning programs are all about. 

16 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Do you think he is "Better" than Dawkins or can beat Dawkins out for the LT spot? If not or it's close, I'd rather leave Dawkins at LT. 

I don't see a Dion Dawkins comp at all.

Dawkins was more athletic, more coordinated AND more powerful coming out of Temple.........he could have been an upgrade to the very good Richie Incognito at guard as a rookie.    He was quite a versatile player.

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The 2 bolded I totally disagree with. I think Dawkins is a good comparison but a better version of Dawkins. I think his upside is way higher than what Dawkins was when he came to Buffalo. His Horizontal quickness is great so yea.. Just my personal opinion from watching his games. 

Dawkins has more mass.  I think he might be a little stronger.   I suspect Harrison is much lighter on his feet.  If Harrison were drafted by the Bills, the most logical move to me would be to put him at left tackle and move Dawkins to guard or right tackle.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I found it interesting that the NFL player Harrison most resembles is Dion Dawkins. If they draft Harrison, it'll be Dawkins job he takes in 2024.

The article stated that he could play G or T but he has played nothing but LT going back to his High School team. If drafted by Buffalo, LT will be his position.

Harrison could be BPA at #27.

I might take Matthew Bergeron before Harrison.

The fact that they played a spread offense scares me little in the aftermath of the Cody Ford debacle. I think he will be a better guard than tackle in the NFL.

Personally, I'd prefer Dawand Jones who's a huge tackle in the mold of Orlando Brown Jr. Spencer Brown was a turnstile last season and needs to be replaced.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't see a Dion Dawkins comp at all.

Dawkins was more athletic, more coordinated AND more powerful coming out of Temple.........he could have been an upgrade to the very good Richie Incognito at guard as a rookie.    He was quite a versatile player.

Thanks. 

So would you replace Dawkins with Harrison on the "Blindside"? I just don't think you do if he's not better than what we already have. Just My opinion. 

Harrison or Wright round 1.

Absolute no brainer. Get #17 all the protection that we can.

Met a guy last night on vacation that is high up in the eagles organization. I asked him about the Bills. His quote? “Josh Allen is a magician. He’s the last Problem in Buffalo if you know what I mean.”

don’t give a dang who believes me but that was the Super Bowl runner up high level guys  opinion. 

do whatever you gotta do to help our star QB 

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

Met a guy last night on vacation that is high up in the eagles organization. I asked him about the Bills. His quote? “Josh Allen is a magician. He’s the last Problem in Buffalo if you know what I mean.”

don’t give a dang who believes me but that was the Super Bowl runner up high level guys  opinion. 

Ironically,  you hated the Josh Allen pick and were near inconsolable on TSW at the time.:flirt:

And I like how you drew a total nothing blow-off, leave-me-be-I-am-on-vacation statement from someone affiliated with a team that plays Buffalo every 4 years as proof that a specific unmentioned aspect of the Bills was seen as their most glaring deficiency.    Humor is content. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Thanks. 

So would you replace Dawkins with Harrison on the "Blindside"? I just don't think you do if he's not better than what we already have. Just My opinion. 

Not in 2023.

In fairness, I didn't think Dawkins was going to be a good LT either but Harrison seems like less of an athlete and more of a project.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ironically,  you hated the Josh Allen pick and were near inconsolable on TSW at the time.:flirt:

And I like how you drew a total nothing blow-off, leave-me-be-I-am-on-vacation statement from someone affiliated with a team that plays Buffalo every 4 years as proof that a specific unmentioned aspect of the Bills was seen as their most glaring deficiency.    Humor is content. :thumbsup:

Not in 2023.

In fairness, I didn't think Dawkins was going to be a good LT either but Harrison seems like less of an athlete and more of a project.    

What color are your pom poms? Red or blue?

Does McClappy like cream in his coffee or sugar?

1 hour ago, McBean said:

You don't have to be a high level guy to know that. You just need not to be completely uninformed about football.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The fact that they played a spread offense scares me little in the aftermath of the Cody Ford debacle. I think he will be a better guard than tackle in the NFL.

Personally, I'd prefer Dawand Jones who's a huge tackle in the mold of Orlando Brown Jr. Spencer Brown was a turnstile last season and needs to be replaced.

I think you are right to ask the question. He played against three man lines and because in a spread O didn't set in a three point stance. Sometimes that transition is a problem - see all world bust DT Robinson years ago.  He's known as a run blocker. Whoever picks him better make sure he can protect the passer.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not in 2023.

They said that about Dawkins too... how did that work out? 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

go back and look at your quote. "that he would be a project"

There was no indication that was what you meant.......learn how to communicate better or you'll be looking like buzzed vacation @McBean creating conclusions from thin air :lol:.

And no, there was no doubt that Dawkins would start somewhere on the Bills offensive line as a rookie.   There was zero chance he'd redshirt even on a very veteran Bills OL that had lead the NFL in rushing and big plays the prior 2 seasons.

There would definitely be uncertainty whether Harrison could earn a starting role.   For sure.

The question with Dawkins was whether he was a tackle at all or if his lack of height and flabby body would limit him to being a potential high end guard.   Power he had in spades and he also had "adequate" LT length with longer arms and bigger hands despite his squat build.

Power and length/hand size are not strengths for Harrison entering the league.......hence him being a project and unlikely to translate to interior positions early in his career.   The two players aren't good comps.........whoever said that was lazy scouting........perhaps trying to talk themselves or others into the Bills fit.

If Harrison succeeds at LT it won't be done looking like the powerful Dawkins, IMO........... it will be more about footwork,  awareness and technique.    He enters the NFL as a finesse talent.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.