Optimizing Dawson Knox

Chaos

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

#2 by what metric?  They aren’t top 2 in any statistical category.

They scored 10 points in their final playoff game.  I don’t care about regular season stats , if you suck in the playoffs…you suck period! 

This is so stupid.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I would think a poor oline would drive the opposite- a quick hitting passing game rather than the constant long developing deep shots.

it did our line no favors having to block for 5 seconds 

Agreed, but my point was the coaching staff didn't draw up quick hitting plays, instead the kept know and backs in to block. Hard to get open when you are blocking.

On 3/31/2023 at 5:07 PM, Yantha said:

Follow KC's formula for Kelce.  Kelce doesn't have a blocking TE.  Just a good offensive line.  

Not sure this is completely correct.  KC uses multiple TEs often.  Kelce is on the field over 75% of the time and this past season the other

3 TEs had a combined snap count just over 75%.  Blake Bell is their current blocking TE (6'6", 260lbs), but was injured for most of the season.

They also use Bell for short yard rushing.  He had 4 carries for 4 first downs in 2021.  One of the reasons Kelce is the player he is, is because

he is used so much.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:32 PM, Don Otreply said:

It will be on Dorsey, the O-line, and Allen to make Knox a bigger part of the offense. 

Couldn't agree more.  Dawson is totally underutilized.  He is in his prime and if they don't scheme him more it's a shame.

TEs are such an important part of today's modern NFL and it's not rocket science to figure out how to properly use the Bills TEs.

Just watch KC's film and design some plays they use for Knox.  I'll add that @GunnerBillhas some good posts in this thread.

Using Knox more (at least 2-3 targets per game) reduces the need for this star WR2 a lot of fans keep screaming for.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not sure this is completely correct.  KC uses multiple TEs often.  Kelce is on the field over 75% of the time and this past season the other

3 TEs had a combined snap count just over 75%.  Blake Bell is their current blocking TE (6'6", 260lbs), but was injured for most of the season.

They also use Bell for short yard rushing.  He had 4 carries for 4 first downs in 2021.  One of the reasons Kelce is the player he is, is because

he is used so much.

Couldn't agree more.  Dawson is totally underutilized.  He is in his prime and if they don't scheme him more it's a shame.

TEs are such an important part of today's modern NFL and it's not rocket science to figure out how to properly use the Bills TEs.

Just watch KC's film and design some plays they use for Knox.  I'll add that @GunnerBillhas some good posts in this thread.

Using Knox more (at least 2-3 targets per game) reduces the need for this star WR2 a lot of fans keep screaming for.

Didn't know that about KC's TE's.

Thanks for that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

he is used so much.

That might work...if Knox's game was somehow similar to Kelce's.

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That might work...if Knox's game was somehow similar to Kelce's.

It's a copycat league is it not?

Let me put it another way.  KC uses it's other TEs almost as much as the Bills use Knox.

Last season the Chiefs threw the ball to TEs over 200 times.  Bills threw the ball to Knox 65 times.

There is plenty of opportunity for the Bills to use their TEs more and "copycatting" some of KC plays is not illogical.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.