Name 2 players the Buffalo Bills will select in the 2023 NFL Draft

HOUSE

14 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Those two were Chris Trepasso's picks.  He did a 3 round mock and Campbell was his first pick.  I'm trying to think of who the third player was.

Just looked it up.  He has the Bills taking Darnell Washington TE in the 2nd and Reed in the third.  He was on One Bills Live with Maddy Glab on Monday and I remember thinking I would love that draft!

Not more than 2 weeks ago Trepasso was touting Rashee Rice in the first round.

15 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Jack Campbell LB

Darnell Washington TE with a trade up in the second

I don’t dislike the idea of Washington, but there would be no way I’d trade any picks to move up in the 2nd just to get him.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Not more than 2 weeks ago Trepasso was touting Rashee Rice in the first round.

I don’t dislike the idea of Washington, but there would be no way I’d trade any picks to move up in the 2nd just to get him.

I think we are predicting what the Bills will do, not whether we agree with the moves.

I'm biased on Washington, btw. Live near Athens and an UGA fan. He is a tremendous blocker and a RZ threat. I would make a modest trade up to grab him.

If not, they need to get a TE to implement 12 personnel. Lot of options in this draft, but Washington is by far the best blocker which would help the oline.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.a745542b7b87311a66385649bea625a3.png

Well, this is the 21st season for this post, goes all the way back to 2002 on the old BBMB.

In 20 years only 2 members were able to correctly predict both players. (It was amazing, probably  scouts for the Bills) a winner selected Austin Proehl and Taron Johnson in 2018.

Last year BuffaloFan 68 correctly named Elam & Araiza,  congrats to him, nice job.

Approximately 8 members were able to guess 1 player correctly from 2002-2022.

Before you make your selections, many posters will be eliminated by selecting the same player. Brian Orakpo and DK Metcalf are examples of players that were named only to eliminate half the board. 

You are much better off selecting lesser known college players in the later rounds

Lets see how well you know Brandon Beane..... Rumors will begin in the next few weeks and many will change their picks ...DK Metcalf was a sure thing in 2019, I got suckered on that one too.  So go ahead with your over selecting of Jack Campbell predictions. You are jinxing us for sure :D

So, name 2 players and ONLY two players selected by the Buffalo Bills in the 2023 NFL draft. Rounds 1-7

Player # 1 __________________________

Player # 2 __________________________

Un-drafted free agents DO NOT COUNT. You can change your selections 1 hour before the NFLs #1 selection

Good Luck, your gonna need it!

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/participants/

8 correct members doesn’t sound right.  Seems like more than half the board got our 1st pick last year right.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think we are predicting what the Bills will do, not whether we agree with the moves.

I'm biased on Washington, btw. Live near Athens and an UGA fan. He is a tremendous blocker and a RZ threat. I would make a modest trade up to grab him.

If not, they need to get a TE to implement 12 personnel. Lot of options in this draft, but Washington is by far the best blocker which would help the oline.

We are aligned.  My only comment was that trading draft assets to move up for him specifically in a deep TE class would be a stretch for me.  That says more about the other TE options than me not liking Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

8 correct members doesn’t sound right.  Seems like more than half the board got our 1st pick last year right.  

There was a long stretch of losing seasons before Josh Allen when the Bills had a top 10 selection every year and the Bills needed help everywhere.  I remember several years when nobody got even one correct.  

The biggest killer was members taking the same players over and over....

ZAY FLOWERS AND JACK CAMPBELL will be the killers this year, book it

Edited by HOUSE

57 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

What about Dan Smith BYU?

Had to look that up to get the referense. I remeber the Key and Peele skit but the name was lost

found this though explaiining how the skit came to fruition

Edited by ddaryl
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, chongli said:

So who were the players?

Apparently there were 2 winners, I  looked it up from last year....

First was Taron Johnson & Austin Proehl 

2nd

Elam & Araiza 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Remember his first pick might be early 2nd round where Campbell makes more sense and gets us a couple extra picks.

That would make it a little easier to swallow, but it still feels like a reach for a need, and does nothing to help Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

That would make it a little easier to swallow, but it still feels like a reach for a need, and does nothing to help Josh Allen.

I think Campbell 8-10 or so picks into the 2nd isn't a reach. Especially in this class. It does nothing to help Josh, granted. But I have such low expectations of this class if the Bills find 3 guys who don't absolutely suck in their 6 picks they will have crushed the draft. 

I am the ultimate "Beane drafts too many serviceable guys and not enough difference makers" but in this draft serviceable is a massive win. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Campbell 8-10 or so picks into the 2nd isn't a reach. Especially in this class. It does nothing to help Josh, granted. But I have such low expectations of this class if the Bills find 3 guys who don't absolutely suck in their 6 picks they will have crushed the draft. 

I am the ultimate "Beane drafts too many serviceable guys and not enough difference makers" but in this draft serviceable is a massive win. 

I just saw something where they think Campbell's stock is rising, and they were talking about him in the top 20.

Who knows - but based on mocks I've seen, it seems likely he'll go in the 1st.

Caveat:  I saw 2 college football games last year.  

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.