Name 2 players the Buffalo Bills will select in the 2023 NFL Draft

HOUSE

23 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Replace Davis with a blank space and you’ve got it.

While I don't think it's fair to compare Davis to a blank slate, as he was more than solid in his role as WR3, I think that says more than anything we need another outside WR and not a slot. Round 1 or a FA like OBJ or a Trade. We need one more there. Last season when Davis was banged up we were trotting out Jake Kumerow. Can't rely on Davis and that both are going to stay healthy all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The slot is covered with Harty and Shakir. We need another boundary WR he can rely on outside of Diggs and Davis.

That's exactly what everyone said LY too....Mckenzie/Crowder/Shakir/Hodgins....which eventually led to us bringing Beas out of retirement. 

John Brown played meaningless snaps outside, his signing was diff than Beas.  

The hope is Harty is an upgrade, and Shakir develops. But Davis is more of a sure thing than either of those guys.

25 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

That's exactly what everyone said LY too....Mckenzie/Crowder/Shakir/Hodgins....which eventually led to us bringing Beas out of retirement. 

John Brown played meaningless snaps outside, his signing was diff than Beas.  

The hope is Harty is an upgrade, and Shakir develops. But Davis is more of a sure thing than either of those guys.

Hodgins was not and is not a slot WR. Too tall and too slow. We pulled Bease out of retirement because Crowder got hurt and McKenzie wasn't getting the job done.

I believe Shakir probably could have held the role down but for whatever reason McDermott likes to bring Rookies around slowly. He has to take the training wheels off this year with how he performed in spot duty.

But last year was another example of why you don't carry 3 slots. It left us with Diggs, Davis, and nothing else. We were putting Kumerow in the starting lineup when Davis got dinged up because all we had was slot.

We signed our slot in Harty and Shakir will cycle in. We released McKenzie in large part bc the position was covered already. As he said "don't want too much duplicate".

Edited by BillsFanForever19

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hodgins was not and is not a slot WR. Too tall and too slow. We pulled Bease out of retirement because Crowder got hurt and McKenzie wasn't getting the job done.

I believe Shakir probably could have held the role down but for whatever reason McDermott likes to bring Rookies around slowly. I think he takes the training wheels off this year.

But last year was another example of why you don't carry 3 slots. It left us with Diggs, Davis, and nothing else. We were putting Kumerow in the starting lineup when Davis got dinged up because all we had was slot.

We signed our slot in Harty and Shakir will cycle in. We released McKenzie in large part bc the position was covered already. As he said "don't want too much duplicate".

Hodgins is a big slot similar to what Jordan Matthews was in Philly. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Hodgins is a big slot similar to what Jordan Matthews was in Philly. 

Disagree. He is a tall, slow, RedZone target. I don't think we ever lined him up in the slot and while you can occasionally slide almost any WR inside in certain packages, New York used him in the slot in only 11.5% of his snaps. He is not a slot WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mij yllek said:

Drew Sanders (no trade down)

Jack Campbell (trade down)

Isaiah Land

I believe you named 3 players which is against company rules

The company will kill you

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I believe Shakir probably could have held the role down but for whatever reason McDermott likes to bring Rookies around slowly. He has to take the training wheels off this year with how he performed in spot duty.

You can disagree all you want about Hodgins, but that's exactly the position that he played with us and Gmen.  Mostly in the slot.

He's too slow/lacks downfield explosion, to be a consistent outside guy.

Harty is our perfect #4, per Beane himself.  I'd expect he plays slot and outside, but doubt he's our starter.  Same with Sherfield, ability to play inside/outside.  

I'm not saying Gabe is a great #2, but our slot WR is a critical piece of our offense.   

This entire discussion started with me saying we shouldn't draft Hyatt, he has a higher ceiling than Gabe Davis but likely not an upgrade this season. 

Flowers, Downs, even Reed, would be upgrades over Shakir and squad at the slot immediately.

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

You can disagree all you want about Hodgins, but that's exactly the position that he played with us and Gmen.  Mostly in the slot.

He's too slow/lacks downfield explosion, to be a consistent outside guy.

Harty is our perfect #4, per Beane himself.  I'd expect he plays slot and outside, but doubt he's our starter.  Same with Sherfield, ability to play inside/outside.  

I'm not saying Gabe is a great #2, but our slot WR is a critical piece of our offense.   

This entire discussion started with me saying we shouldn't draft Hyatt, he has a higher ceiling than Gabe Davis but likely not an upgrade this season. 

Flowers, Downs, even Reed, would be upgrades over Shakir and squad at the slot immediately.

Then why does it say he lines up in the slot 11.5% of the time and his metrics are almost exclusively against outside CB's? Number's don't lie.

https://www.rotoballer.com/is-isaiah-hodgins-healthy-or-injured-for-fantasy-football

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/isaiah-hodgins/

On 3/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, HOUSE said:

image.png.a745542b7b87311a66385649bea625a3.png

Well, this is the 21st season for this post, goes all the way back to 2002 on the old BBMB.

In 20 years only 2 members were able to correctly predict both players. (It was amazing, probably  scouts for the Bills) a winner selected Austin Proehl and Taron Johnson in 2018.

Last year BuffaloFan68 correctly named Elam & Araiza,  congrats to him, nice job.

Approximately 18-20 members were able to predict 1 player correctly from 2002-2022.

Before you make your selections, many posters will be eliminated by selecting the same player. Brian Orakpo and DK Metcalf are examples of players that were named repeatedly only to eliminate half the board. 

You are much better off selecting lesser known college players in the later rounds

Lets see how well you know Brandon Beane..... Rumors will begin in the next few weeks and many will change their picks ...DK Metcalf was a sure thing in 2019, I got suckered on that one too.  So go ahead with your over selecting of Jack Campbell predictions. You are jinxing us for sure :D

So, name 2 players and ONLY two players selected by the Buffalo Bills in the 2023 NFL draft. Rounds 1-7

Player # 1 __________________________

Player # 2 __________________________

Un-drafted free agents DO NOT COUNT. You can change your selections 1 hour before the NFLs #1 selection

Good Luck, your gonna need it!

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/participants/

Ok House.. I am going to play this different. I did a lot of mid-round scouting this year..

Lets try this.

Player # 1 Demarvion Overshown LB, Texas Round 3

Player # 2 Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan Round 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.