Wish they would just sign Klein at lb

They won’t pass over anyone they have graded significantly higher just to fill a hole. So don’t worry about it.

if it’s close then they will fill the hole.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they have an offer out to Klein. His signing also won’t affect the draft.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Before heading into the draft

That way it will protect us at least a little bit if the draft doesn’t fall a certain way

Klein is by no means as good a replacement for Edmunds but would provide some insurance

Then we truly could take the best player available at 27

I agree 💯 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That way it will protect us at least a little bit if the draft doesn’t fall a certain way

Klein is by no means as good a replacement for Edmunds but would provide some insurance

I think it has a lot to do with money and missing out on the 3rd rounder for Edmunds 

Either way,  they definitely have a plan in place.  Even if it's Dodson or Benard. We were 4-0 w Dodson last year 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It depends on what the coaches ask of him. Edmunds could only be asked to do certain things. Perhaps Chicago will say pretty please with millions on top and he’ll do more. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'd rather have Klein than Matakevich. At least Klein can play his position. 

Obviously I wanted Wagner.

Best case scenario they replace the MLB spot in the second round. Worst case they let Bernard play there. 

I mean Benard was a 3rd rounder and didn't they move up for him?  He looked lost out there but I think it was playbook issues more than skill. I'd be fine with him ,Dodson and maybe a day 3 pick battling it out. 

Rather go ol/TE/WR in 1st 2 rounds 

• Like (+1) 1

Unless we make significant changes to the defensive scheme we run -- Klein would be an extreme liability in pass coverage. Going with Klein as our MLB would require more than just putting him into Edmund's former role - he is not a "plug & play" replacement for Tremaine Edmunds.  Although - used in a proper role - Klein can be an asset to our defense. 

Edited by Bulldog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean you don't believe Beane that the answer at MLB is on the roster, or McDermott's speech about how Tyrell, Terrel, and Baylon deserve a chance to compete for the starting MLB role?

It's really hard to understand why the Bills drafted Bernard in Round 3 if they didn't believe he could start in some role

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

You mean you don't believe Beane that the answer at MLB is on the roster, or McDermott's speech about how Tyrell, Terrel, and Baylon deserve a chance to compete for the starting MLB role?

That’s coach speak of course he’s going to say something nice about his players

11 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Unless we make significant changes to the defensive scheme we run -- Klein would be an extreme liability in pass coverage. Going with Klein as our MLB would require more than just putting him into Edmund's former role - he is not a "plug & play" replacement for Tremaine Edmunds.  Although - used in a proper role - Klein can be an asset to our defense. 

That may already be happening. The signing of rap is the form of a big nickel they could be putting something together for running downs and passing downs.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's really hard to understand why the Bills drafted Bernard in Round 3 if they didn't believe he could start in some role

I'm not convinced Beane actually said,or meant " the answer at MLB is on the roster". No way is he limiting himself to those 3. Sure they will compete,but probably against another addition.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s coach speak of course he’s going to say something nice about his players

So, then, what's your explanation of why the Bills drafted Terrel Bernard?

We have 4 linebackers not named Milano on the roster.   Matakevich is 30 and has started no games for the Bills, played less than 100 snaps, I Get It, he's there for ST.

Dodson is just turning 25, he's said he feels he can start in this league (I dunno if I agree).

Matakevich was a 7th round pick of Pittsburgh, Dodson undrafted - prime territory for picking up ST guys.

Bernard was drafted in the 3rd round.  That is NOT a round where a team should be drafting a guy they don't feel can start.   If it's just "coach speak" to let him compete for the starting MLB gig, why was he drafted in the 3rd?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Two seasons ago when he played due to injuries elsewhere, once they figured out how to use him best, he was good.  Just don't ask him to help with coverage, but was good against run. 

That was my impression too.  Once he got situated I thought he played well, and if the choice is sign Klein and draft OL vs having to draft a MLB high, then i'd def take the former

59 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You don’t need to sign him yet, good shot he’ll be there after the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think it has a lot to do with money and missing out on the 3rd rounder for Edmunds 

Either way,  they definitely have a plan in place.  Even if it's Dodson or Benard. We were 4-0 w Dodson last year 

He was on the team at the end of last year, he wouldn't count against the comp pick formula.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.