MLB Jack Campbell #53 in the top 100 of The Athletic... is this our guy???

Every on his saying the Bills need another WR in a year when there is truly NO elite receivers available any other year these guys would be second round or later picks in the draft plus it has been proven Diggs was a 5th rounder if i remember & there are many other examples of that unless there is a Randy Moss type then i'll pass . No pun intended .

The biggest hole is on the defense Beane has brought in many O linemen to beef up that piece of the offense & he has brought in a bigger RB to help out that piece of the game & even though he has brought back Klien he & the others have been back ups which none have proven to be starters .

Given that Campbell is in the top 100 players at 53 and Sanders is being talked about as having a high ceiling with some versatility with in the scheme to get one of them would be a plus IMHO . 

To have to reach a slight bit by drafting either of them in the first rather than wait & have someone else get them then be left with who ever is there that may be less of a fit with a lower ceiling i think won't help the team today going forward due to having to be developed .

Yes we need more competition in places such as WR, DT, & LB but one of those positions have a much bigger hole than the other positions so that's why i would go with either of the 2 LB ers if there at our pick rather than wait .

GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

1) I think, but this may be my own bias, that Beane could actually pivot from some draft tendencies that imo have not been smart. I believe he recognizes, he should, that devoting resources to Josh Allen and the offense ought to be a priority. However, if he gravitates back towards defense 2) I think he is going to correctly prioritize DL over LB, but if he doesn't 3) I think Trenton Simpson is a better fit, an athlete with a higher ceiling, and the more likely early LB pick.

If they get DHop then would you mind Captain Jack?  Sure WR is more exciting but if they can cover that, IMO JC would be a good choice.

It does seem like T Simpson or D Sanders would fit the coverage lb theory a little better.  So McD would have to tweak a little to get this talent in. 

But no player has the intangibles that Campbell has in terms of old school, no social media, no NIL, captain of team - just screams an easy to root for guy. 

Currently don't have a player in the back 7 that can lay the lumber.  Milano is as close as we come and he isn't quite there, and Simpson and/or Sanders certainly don't qualify.  At 6'5" 250, with room to grow Campbell can add an element to the D.  McD has alluded to the D being a little soft.

By all accounts JC is extremely coachable and will take on the role they want.  He has awards for intelligence.

And lastly, I think Campbell would be a no mess easy extension candidate after 3 years.  A Milano type, fair, borderline team friendly get the deal done, 8 year Bill.  Love those type of players.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Personally, I think he did. A very good player by all accounts. I think he would have been a much better fit in a true 4-3, maybe as a Sam.🤔

He's a good player but never had the instincts for MLB, which negated his speed.  But I agree that he'd have been a better fit at SAM.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

If they get DHop then would you mind Captain Jack?  Sure WR is more exciting but if they can cover that, IMO JC would be a good choice.

It does seem like T Simpson or D Sanders would fit the coverage lb theory a little better.  So McD would have to tweak a little to get this talent in. 

But no player has the intangibles that Campbell has in terms of old school, no social media, no NIL, captain of team - just screams an easy to root for guy. 

Currently don't have a player in the back 7 that can lay the lumber.  Milano is as close as we come and he isn't quite there, and Simpson and/or Sanders certainly don't qualify.  At 6'5" 250, with room to grow Campbell can add an element to the D.  McD has alluded to the D being a little soft.

By all accounts JC is extremely coachable and will take on the role they want.  He has awards for intelligence.

And lastly, I think Campbell would be a no mess easy extension candidate after 3 years.  A Milano type, fair, borderline team friendly get the deal done, 8 year Bill.  Love those type of players.

I would take Simpson before I take Campbell, probably Sanders, too. Awhile back two older comps proposed for Campbell were Posluszny and Jack Del Rio. I think he's a high floor guy who comes in ready to play. I don't think there's much ceiling above where he is. He's a second rounder to me with an attractive work ethic and leadership qualities. I would take him at 59 unless I did not pick up OL earlier and Matthew Bergeron were on the board. 

I believe OL needs more attention. I think the FA guards are adequate players. Maybe they end up better than that, but I'm not counting on better than that. A young C to groom behind Morse is needed unless you think Bates is the future C (maybe he is.) Brown is the fella I think is too big a gamble not to have a young RT alternative. I am more worried about that than MLB. I also think LB like RB is a devalued position in the draft. If you have an extraordinary outlier or a player like Nolan Smith that might be DE or OLB in different systems, that elevates the value. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend an early pick there unless it was the final piece in the puzzle. Those who think that or think Campbell fills the most urgent hole on the team will make a different calculation.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

As Sal mentioned earlier, if the Bills take LB at 27 they are basically indicting their own 3rd round pick last year as a total failure

Back up to Milano ?

Not total failure but , hardly a good look.
But Beane can admit a mistake and find the Next Starter MLB in this draft and i wont hate him

Just sucks we might have to over draft to get him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.