MLB Jack Campbell #53 in the top 100 of The Athletic... is this our guy???

We all know the hole to fill. Yes it's possible the Edmunds replacement is on our roster, but c'mon... who really doesn't think we're adding an ILB???? 

Jack Campbell has been the buzz since the Combine. Yet, The Athletic just came out with their top 100. Here's what they said about him:

Campbell has excellent size to take on blocks in the box, and he’s more than willing to do so. An effective communicator pre-snap, Campbell plays with good awareness to discern play concepts and effectively play the run. He flashes the ability to stack and shed climbing offensive linemen while being a sound tackler.

But he will let the game come to him at times instead of being the aggressor. He is a good athlete, but it doesn’t always show because he plays in a controlled manner — there are times you wish he used his gifts more.

Campbell’s awareness does carry over against the pass. He is at his best in zone, where he can read the game, make plays on the ball and get into passing lanes. He’s also a fluid enough mover to hold his own in man.

Campbell has the size and athleticism to quickly adjust to the NFL. He doesn’t always play to his testing numbers, but if he becomes more comfortable, he has the ideal traits and play style to be a three-down linebacker.

I don't know about anyone else, but there were many parts of that report that absolutely screamed Buffalo.

It'd be amazing if we got him in the 2nd, but wouldn't be shocked if we took him in the 1st.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m fine with a trade back and taking him in the 2nd. But, the Bills likely take the best guy they like in the biggest position of need in the 1st. The Bills then need contributions from drafted positions including WR and RT. After that is the best depth players as they present in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If he’s our first pick I really hope that we can find a way to trade down a couple times.  

Agreed.

Trading down in general to get more picks would be a good move for the Bills this year.

I'd rather have more picks than signing a ton of UDFA's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all know the hole to fill. Yes it's possible the Edmunds replacement is on our roster, but c'mon... who really doesn't think we're adding an ILB???? 

Jack Campbell has been the buzz since the Combine. Yet, The Athletic just came out with their top 100. Here's what they said about him:

Campbell has excellent size to take on blocks in the box, and he’s more than willing to do so. An effective communicator pre-snap, Campbell plays with good awareness to discern play concepts and effectively play the run. He flashes the ability to stack and shed climbing offensive linemen while being a sound tackler.

But he will let the game come to him at times instead of being the aggressor. He is a good athlete, but it doesn’t always show because he plays in a controlled manner — there are times you wish he used his gifts more.

Campbell’s awareness does carry over against the pass. He is at his best in zone, where he can read the game, make plays on the ball and get into passing lanes. He’s also a fluid enough mover to hold his own in man.

Campbell has the size and athleticism to quickly adjust to the NFL. He doesn’t always play to his testing numbers, but if he becomes more comfortable, he has the ideal traits and play style to be a three-down linebacker.

I don't know about anyone else, but there were many parts of that report that absolutely screamed Buffalo.

It'd be amazing if we got him in the 2nd, but wouldn't be shocked if we took him in the 1st.

Better be!!:wub:

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

If he’s our first pick I really hope that we can find a way to trade down a couple times.  

Pittsburgh would scare me in that situation.  They have pick 32 and another one soon after that.  If Bills wants Campbell they’ll probably have to take him at 27

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

i’d be cool with it. There’s a need there now.

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bills pick Campbell at 48, Marvin Mims at 55, Antonio Johnson at 59.

Seems unrealistic. Campbell and Johnson wiil be gone before those picks. There will also likely be better recievers than Mims at 55. 

• Agree 2

On 3/30/2023 at 6:59 AM, pocoboy said:

Fans after Playoff turd: "Maybe McDermott needs to make average defenders better and quit wasting top resources on the defense."

Fans after the Combine: "GAWD WE MUST OVERDRAFT MLB OR ELSE!!!1!"

Right, agreed.  I want a Olinemen or WR.  Offense and help for JA!

Edited by Manther
spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.