Jordan Phillips back with Bills 1 year deal

38 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Johnston, JSN, and Addison are a tier above the rest. Doubt any of them fall to 27. Downs for me is next. Some folks like Flowers and Hyatt. I think they are second round receivers who might go in the first. Depending on who else is available, I think Downs is a viable choice. 

Here's a positive assessment that argues for Downs as a first round quality pick.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/josh-downs-wr-north-carolina-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

Yes, I would expect Downs to come off the board before pick #59. 

If they go WR in Rounds 1 & 2 I wonder where that leaves Shakir.

He seems unlikely to eat into Davis’ snap count, and a R1, R2 WR would immediately outrank him.

Beane has said Harty is a WR 4 type, meaning he’d be down with Sherfield in injury replacement and mop up reps. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He seems unlikely to eat into Davis’ snap count, and a R1, R2 WR would immediately outrank him.

Beane has said Harty is a WR 4 type, meaning he’d be down with Sherfield in injury replacement and mop up reps. 

I'm not a gambler, but I'm willing to place a bet with someone on Beane drafting wr in round 1 and 2

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I'm not a gambler, but I'm willing to place a bet with someone on Beane drafting wr in round 1 and 2

Are you saying you believe he WILL or WON'T do this?

Personally, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Beane drafted a WR in round 1 AND round 2. They want a TE (more likely two of them), they NEED a viable MLB...I just don't see how they could take two receivers early. Not to mention that I don't believe the roster space exists for that.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Phillips is quite a bit better than Settle when healthy. Problem is he wasn't healthy most of the season. PFF doesn't factor that into their grades.

To be fair to him, Settle injured a calf muscle (I believe it was) in Week 1, didn't play week 2, Q for week 3, but came back and saw an unusually high number of snaps the next couple of weeks because Oliver and Phillips were both out.

Settle is primarily a 1TDT and normally rotates with DaQuan Jones.

11 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Round 1 AND 2?  I don't think so.  Not with having just signed Harty to the 2nd biggest FA contract, signing Sherfield who I believe is the #5 or 6/Kumerow replacement, and  having Diggs Davis and Shakir already on the roster.  Where would two guys fit?

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Now wait a minute, wasn't that you over in another thread predicting that the Bills go defense early  in the draft per usual?

Make up your mind, Either Or, Not Both

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I honestly don't know, but my thinking is they need to bring in a wr with more talent than the mid-round picks they have been drawing from. Maybe Downs eats into Shakir's snaps, but his ceiling is much higher. 

55 minutes ago, Logic said:

Personally, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Beane drafted a WR in round 1 AND round 2. They want a TE (more likely two of them), they NEED a viable MLB...I just don't see how they could take two receivers early. Not to mention that I don't believe the roster space exists for that.

I dont there is a chance he does

48 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair to him, Settle injured a calf muscle (I believe it was) in Week 1, didn't play week 2, Q for week 3, but came back and saw an unusually high number of snaps the next couple of weeks because Oliver and Phillips were both out.

Settle is primarily a 1TDT and normally rotates with DaQuan Jones.

Round 1 AND 2?  I don't think so.  Not with having just signed Harty to the 2nd biggest FA contract, signing Sherfield who I believe is the #5 or 6/Kumerow replacement, and  having Diggs Davis and Shakir already on the roster.  Where would two guys fit?

I'm saying that no way he does

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

A Round 1 or Round 2 WR, not both rounds. 

Phillips signing takes DT #4 pressure off in the earlier rounds. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.